SPINNING REELS

• gundez-71
    South Minnesota

WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD SPINNING REEL FOR VERTICAL JIGGING AND TROLLING WITH JIGS. USING MOSTLY 1/8TH TO 3/8 JIGS. LOOKING FOR SOMETHING IN THE $77 TO $127 PRICE RANGE.

GUNDEZ71

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

The Shimano Stadic is $119 and in my opinion, it’s on of the best reels money can buy.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

The Shimano Stadic is $119 and in my opinion, it’s on of the best reels money can buy.

If this is what you want to spend, I second the motion for a Stradic. I have a 2000FA and it’s incredible!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Crossineyes has nailed it 100% in my opinion.
    The Shimano Stradics are my favorite reels hands down in all of my spinning applications. Smooth as silk!
    I have used these reels in very cold Canadian lake trout ice fishing trips and they never froze up on me like some of my other reels did!
    A little expensive in my mind, but the quality is there.
    The Shimano Symetre are decent reels as well for a little less $$$. These reels are good in my opinion as well. Take a good look at both.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I have to agree the Shimanos are great, Symetre will save you a couple bucks at $80 and is a great reel as well.
    I also use a Diawa Capricorn, retail $114. Something you might want to look into is the new one Diawa came out with. I was at Cabela’s and saw it, model is Laguna and it was priced at $89 and it had 7 bearings + 1 roller, the Capricorn has 4 + 1. I asked at the desk what the difference was and the guy working there couldn’t find a difference except the new one had more bearing. It used the same hardbodyz construction and looked almost identical. There are a couple minor differences according to the Diawa web page…not sure if it is worth the extra $ for the Capricorn versus the Laguna.
    John

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I just purchased two Pflueger Solara 5730’s last year…these reels are Buttery Smooth…

Machined Aluminum Spool and spare,Front Drag,7 Ball Bearing System,Gear Ratio of 5.2:1 and weighs only 9.6 oz, one way clutch instant anti reverse, Large Diameter Titanium Line Roller with Ball Bearing(helps prevent line twist)195 yrds of 4lb test,115 yrds of 6 lb test and 100 yrds of 8 lb test.

I first bought one of these for my wife and put it on her St.Croix. After trying hers out I had to have one for myself… $50.00

pfluegerfishing.com

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The stradic or capricorn. Wont go wrong with either. They retail for about the same price. $119.00. But you can find the capricorns on ebay for about half that. I have a 1500 capricorn and find myself using it more than the stradic.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

The Daiwa Capricorns or Ondine series are both very well constructed reels for the price. I would highly recommend either one of these reels. From the make of the body to the precisions and reliability of the drag sytems, there tough to beat.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I have tried a lot or different reels and hands down the Shimano Stradic gets my vote. Just find the right size for your needs, I like the 2000 or the 2500.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Have you guys had the Diawa’s long, and how have they held up?

I had a couple of Regal Z’s a few years back and they were crap. One literally fell apart in my hand, the handle shatf broke inside the reel, parts falling out both sides.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

I used to be a die-hard Shimano man. Last year, I decided to change things up. I switched all of my reels over to Okuma Inspira’s. I feel they perform equally as well as the Stradics… but for $40 less. I had no problems with them all last year.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Quantum catalyst PtI.
    best reel of the money in my opinion. around $89.95.
    I was a big Sedona guy before I tried this reel

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just started using my capricorn this last summer so there is not alot of time on it yet.
    There is some good reviews on many different reels on http://www.tackletour.com/ I think it is alot of west coast fisherman and trout fisherman on there so you get a different point of view on alot of items.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I think the Stradic is a great reel and it seems to be very durable as well.

Gator Hunter

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

I would have to agree with Travis and say go with the Okumas I ran them last year and love them I just 5 more for this season stop by Hooked on Fishing in Rochester Mike has a pretty large selection out there.
    Hope this helps

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I would most definately agree with Nate and Travis about the Okuma reels. I bought a pair of these reels a few months back and I’m very impressed with the performance of these reels. They spool line very nicely and cast well. The drag system on them is also very smooth. Just my two cents.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have used the Shimanos and Quantums and liked them but I have probably boughten a good 10 Okuma reels from Mike at Hooked On Fishing over the past year and really like them. Great reels, high amount of bearings in these reels yet lower in price at Mikes. Thanks, Bill

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

Pinnacle alyssa CR hands down, i use to use the shimano’s i have used okuma’s and this is by far the best reel in that price range that has been set in my hands.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.