Nuts (pix)

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

well… Ive scraped together a couple of more shots for you picture hungry people…..

this one I titled Mischief Incarnate…. these little buggers can be a real pain… but they are kind of pretty…. but they definitely drive me nuts cuz they are soooo destructive…..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Ive been trying to get a good shot at one of these… for some reason they are very camera shy….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

talk about camera shy… these guys are REALLY shy….. so common.. and yet so hard to shoot…

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Do you know if the Jays and Crows are more relaxed in the summer months, like deer are? It has seemed to me for years……………that when the leaves fall, the entire “wild world” goes on “ultra-alert”……………unless you’re a chickadee! They’ll land on your nose if it’s long enough!

glasspa
    lake city, mn

Hey Rivereyes do you think James would put a link on for pictures. I’m sure alot of guys would like to post pictures they have taken over the years.

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

Those are some really neat pictures. I really liked the one of the blue jay. Keep up the good work, and keep showing em off.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I just realized what I like best about your pics. The colors are just breathtaking. Good job.

Gator Hunter

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

so common.. and yet so hard to shoot…

but not with a .22-250!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

hey rivereyes, that is a nice bluejay shot, very nice colors like gator says. keep em coming. does that squirrel really have a red strip on it or is that camera flare?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Talking about crows, ever notice the crows go nuts when the turkeys fly down from roost in the morning.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

thanks for the praise everyone!…. colors huh? well heres some more vivid color for ya……
    (ohh and Gianni? the effective range of a 22-250 is for sure greater than my 500mm!)…..
    oh K… called this one Regal Red…. taken yesterday….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

oh and yeah.. that squirrel really did have fur so red (well kind of orange actually) that it practically glowed in the sun…… and heres a bird I saw for the first time yesterday.. a Red Pol (male).. little fellows just showed up in a big flock… there out there today too…. they are usually farther north….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

meanwhile the good ol standby American Goldfinch has been hitting my feeders in impressive numbers… at one time there were over 30 of them out there yesterday….. at the same time over 20 gray squirrels.. over 20 Red Pols, 7 male cardinals and 6 bluejays…. chickadees… who can count them? Nuthatchs… dozen or so…. woodpeckers? only a couple…. I never saw such a circus.. think I should charge admission… (to help pay for the seed!)….

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Those are absolutely beautiful pictures!
    Thank you for sharing your talent!
    Steve

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

guess this post is for the birds… and with that in mind… if you recall the male cardinal sitting above? while he was doing that his “wife” was in the grocery store shopping for supper…. here she is….. ya know what? I think she even looks PO’d!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks Ken, awesome Gold Finch. My 3.1 mg camera has 10X total zoom, about 3.5 optical, then another 3.5 dig zoom. should I just use zoom up to the limit of the optical. seems if I go more than that into the dig zoom portion, that it starts to drop off cleaner lines. thanks again and keep them pics coming. Jack.

Chitwood46
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Great pictures Rivereyes. I wanted to verify you are using that Canon 6.3 megapixel EOS Rebel? You have got me investigating that one now! Seems like a reasonable price at $999.99 . I see Canon offers some add on things that would push it to $1500.00. I may need your help with more beautiful pictures to show my wife? Keep it up. You’re doing a great job so far.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Rivereyes,I really enjoy these bird pics.Keep up it please,you have a fan club on the site .
    Ryan Hale

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Hey Jack… yep… digital zoom.. just say NO… you wont be happy with the results…. and if your looking for some increased range let me know what camera your using.. some allow you to attach a teleconverter which would extend your range even more……

hey chitwood… yep.. you got it right, Im using the Digital Rebel from Canon…. I got mine on a 10% off sale from CompUSA so it was 899…… then your going to have to get some wildlife lenses… feel free to email me… and I can help directly… and also put you onto some photography sites where there are people who are VERY knowledgable… though not all of them are as nice as people on THIS site are…..

Ryan… thanks for the encouragement… with that kind of spur I promise to keep getting better…..

remember that frozen falls I shot along the Croix the other day? I got a chance to reshoot it… and get a much better pic…. (this time I had the right lens for the job!) thought it worth passing along…..

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Hey Rivereyes… what part of heaven do you live in? I’m just curious. Are you fortunate to have a slice of heaven in your backyard or do you spend ALOT of time search out many place that have such FANTASTIC surrondings? Your pictures are fantastic. Every winter I make a trip to Coville Park, south of Red Wing, Mn.I enjoy taking pictures of bald eagles. I thought you might enjoy a couple that I took last year.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Another pic.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

hey Zimmy….
    well… there are many beautiful spots near where I live….. lots of lakes, streams, and the St Croix river which is beautiful on its entire strectch but is exceptionally beautiful near where I live, particularly in the interstate park area near Taylors falls and st croix falls….
    nice eagle shots…. Im going to be out shooting some eagles again soon (hopefully)… they are sure impressive birds…..

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey John, i just tuned in on your picts again and the retake of that waterfall is very nice! I’ve shot pictures for a few years now and im still amazed at what things look like with a camera, its really nice to be able to capture all the fine detail in a picture. I’ve got to get my darned pc reprogramed by my cousin, the wiz, so i can reload my scanner driver. Ive got a bunch of pics i want to show too, darn it!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

You have a great eye and talent for Photography Ken! I love these pics!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Rivereyes, thanks for the new wallpaper.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

the Wild Turkeys were out in force today as sub zero weather forced them to come into the corn fields looking for food… I saw probably close to a hundred total in about 3 flocks.. heres a decent shot I got at one… they can be VERY hard to get pix of… kinda spooky to say the least…. I got this shot.. the next was of his back as he was running, then up up and away…..

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.