Cabin on Mille Lacs

• lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I was going through some pictures today and I thought I would share a couple with you guys.
    Our family has a cabin on the north shore of Mille Lacs. We can drive our boats under the highway right into our front yard. I have to take the windshield off my boat to make it through the canal.
    Pictured in the background is Barnacle Bill’s resort. You should see the looks we get from the campers when we come floating under the highway.

Gator Hunter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

That’s cool Gator! Sure makes a guy miss the warm temps and the green grasses……………..summer breezes and tug on the end of the line! Ahhh………….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hot Tip! Just another case or two of MGD and you won’t have to take your windshield off!

I really like the color of your boat, it goes well with the reeds.(same color as mine)…and it does make me wish the weather was differant in MN…But then, it wouldn’t be MN…or WI for that matter.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

MGD, or just pull the plug and fill w/ water. Then pump it out on the other side. No problem!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Nice pic’s……they do bring back a memory of a time at Barnacles……..

I once took shelter in Barnacles harbor during a bad storm. I think during that storm you could have floated over the road with the storm surge and at another time when the water went out of the harbor Gator that culvert was probably dry……no water!

I remember that June storm very well, as Hook and I were fishing in the Hunters Point tourny……..people thought that some might lose their lives on that given day.

It’s was the worst storm I have ever been in.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

We have the blue house right across the road from the culvert.
    Remember all the terrible weather we got over the fourth of July week this year? Tons of rain and tornado watches every evening. By the end of the week I couldn’t get my boat under the culvert to load it on the trailer at Barnacle’s. We had to pull it up through the yard. Tore the yard up something terrible.

Gator Hunter

Bob Carlson

I went by the your house today, on my way to Brainerd!
    I’ll honk! next time I go by……..

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

It’s my wife’s grandparent’s house. We are lucky enough to be able to use it for our vacations and get togethers.

Gator Hunter

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Bobber;

Was that the storm a few years back, when the waves were about 6 to 8 feet high?

If so, a buddy of mine got caught out in that tournament with his warrior tiller. He had to power up the waves and back throttle when coming down so he wouldn’t harpoon.

He said the wind changed directions and the waves were coming at him from two different angles………..

CRAZY!!!!!

Bob Carlson

That storm was back around 2000 I think? Yes it was a dandy….Big waves, as big as I ever want to be out in! We fished the northend flats to have a quick exit off the lake if needed. The reports called for bad weather on this day. So we had a plan to take some shelter in one of the many harbors on the northend of the lake. I remember coming into the harbor at Barnacle Bills and having a boat pass me in the cones marking the opening along the shore. Hook and layed in the bottom of our boat and literally spit sand out of our mouths as the wind stirred it up in the air off the sanding shoreline. My boat wouldn’t start after that storm, and we had to trailer it back home. I few fisherman had to stay out on the lake and ride this storm out. If I remember one guy fell in the boat and broke some rib’s. The only injury of a very bad experience in our life.

Bob Carlson

This is a picture of the wall cloud as it approached the eastside of Mille Lacs on this stormy day……..photo taken by my wife Kath!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

That’s one ominous looking stormfront! Glad I wasn’t out in that one!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.