Packers/Vikings………. Who Will Win At Lambeau?

• sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Errin before the game…..

Errin after…..

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Real funny. That’s my dad.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

Real funny. That’s my dad.

Huh?

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

I can only hope the actual game is half as interesting as this thread has been…

Al…who passed up fishing pool 4 to watch GB kick the queens

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Quote:

Win or lose…Viking fans…put your head down, don’t make eye contact with anyone, walk or run to your car and leave the state immediately!!!

The only way that could be any funnier is to hear the late cheesehead Chris Farley say that

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

another Packer fan in USA Today said it best.

“it was like watching your parents go thru a divorce. then a year later your dad marries the ugly, nasty neighbor lady from across the street”

big_g
    Isle, MN

I wouldn’t call Rogers nasty…..

big G

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Steve=O…

Kooty… …I like Koolade…

G…gotta say that I have grown somewhat tired of that tune myself…

And I am sure we will the cocktails one of these years and with the best of them!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I still have that SB Football I promised you Ted I believe it has #4 on it though… do you still want it ???

big G

jldii

Of course the Vikings are going to win….Our QB has a Super Bowl Ring. How many does Green Bay’s QB have??

bigpike

Quote:

Of course the Vikings are going to win….Our QB has a Super Bowl Ring. How many does Green Bay’s QB have??

He has about as many Lombardi trophys as the Vikings do- that would be none as in 0-4. If you stop by the Packers Hall of fame (yes the Packers have had so many great players in there long storied franchise history they have there own HOF) you can look at three Lombardi trophys. As in Vince Lombardi the coach of the Packers that same man the world championship trophy is named after. Also you can admire the other 9 Championship trophys this franchise has aquired over the years- more than any other franchise in league history

Any other questions you need answered???

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

So these are trophies they already have? As in “ancient history”? Like… the Vikings spanked the Packers and sent them… well… packing… last time they faced each other. It’s great they used to be good enough to win trophies and stuff, it’s just too bad that they’re not that good anymore.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Why after 2007, did management only “invite” Brent back to ‘compete’ for the starting job? In 2007, BF went 13-3 and came within an eyelash of the Superbowl. This after a storied 16 career.

Is this how you think the next Lombardi trophy will land in Titletown?

bigpike

Thats the nice thing about Championship trophy’s. Once you win them all the smack talk in the world can’t take them away. Don’t worry I’m sure the Vikings have atleast as many as the Packers have in the last 40+ years of there exsisitence… oh wait – never mind

bigpike

Quote:

Why after 2007, did management only “invite” Brent back to ‘compete’ for the starting job? In 2007, BF went 13-3 and came within an eyelash of the Superbowl. This after a storied 16 career.

Is this how you think the next Lombardi trophy will land in Titletown?

They used him him for his Lombardi trophy and then they cast him aside like dead meat- they realized there are no more trophys to be had in that poor boy, that was proven with his last throw in the Green and Gold- the one into coverage when three other recievers were open losing the game to the Giants at home

armchairdeity

Fair enough, but by the same token there’s nothing as amusing as someone who was once successful sitting on the sidelines crying “But we USED to with trophies all the time!”

Point is, having won a trophy 20 years ago doesn’t say anything at all about the current team. However, the way the Vikings derailed the Packer’s offense 3 weeks ago says a lot.

jldii

Has anyone else ever noticed how Packer fans are so willing to try to rub peoples noses in the fact that their team won 4 SB’s, but those same fans seem to forget that for over 20 years during the 70’s and 80’s their beloved Packers were consistantly one of the worst teams in the league.

The fact is that between winning 3 SB’s with Lombardi, almost 40 years ago, and then their 4th with Favre, the Packers were so bad that they were nothing more than a bye week for all the teams that had to play them.

I only say this since some people want to talk about HISTORY!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

heading east shortly. this has been a good thread.
    I do have to say the Vikings have a more complete team than ours now. Harvin may play the difference in this one. after he took that hit across the middle last week and popped up i gained some respect for that guy. he’s a player.
    the Vikes get a bye and play some relatively weak competition the rest of the way. we have two brutal games against Pitt and Baltimore. i am afraid if the Pack don’t win this one we will be playing for a wild card spot for sure. we may be anyway.
    here’s to a good game. hope no one gets hurt and this one comes down to the end like they usually do. i heard over the last 24 games between these two there is only a difference of 2 points cumalative. that’s tight.
    go pack go and skol vikings (can’t believe I just typed that)

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Have a great time SteveO! Get some good pictures and don’t drink all the Miller Lite.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

We could talk about Minnesota’a history but there isn’t any!

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

[quotethat was proven with his last throw in the Green and Gold- the one into coverage when three other recievers were open losing the game to the Giants at home

You mean this one…

AMEN TO THAT!!!! He has become a warm weather qb. Happens to the best of them!! At the end of regulation with the Giants trying for a second game winning field goal(d/t Favre), the camera was on the Legend. After the miss, every Packer on the sidelines, except one, was jumping for joy. Favre, with towel around shoulders, looked left…looked right…and thought one and only one thing…I cannot believe I have to stay out here another half hour in this crap!!! I called it right there…game over. And 1st drive into overtime…it was… But you win by Favre and lose by Favre…get what you get when you have “the gunslinger”…

I have to say…I think Chili has controlled him to date and is not allowing him to “just try and make a play”!! That was his one big problem I think. As a result, his numbers are a lot better.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

The way I look at it…only one team wins the last game of the season. The one that matters. All other teams are just ranked in order of the first to the last loser… They are all losers… The packers have won THREE (not four) times in the Superbowl era. I bring that up when people talk about history not being relevant…

See you boys monday morning on here…

bigpike

Quote:

Has anyone else ever noticed how Packer fans are so willing to try to rubbed peoples noses in the fact that their team won 4 SB’s, but those same fans seem to forget that for over 20 years during the 70’s and 80’s their beloved Packers were consistantly one of the worst teams in the league.

The fact is that between winning 3 SB’s with Lombardi, almost 40 years ago, and then their 4th with Favre, the Packers were so bad that they were nothing more than a bye week for all the teams that had to play them.

I only say this since some people want to talk about HISTORY!

I never would of brought it up if the Viking fan hadn’t rubbed our nose in it for our QB having never won a super bowl. After all how many NFL QB’s won a SB after 22 starts under there belt. I can think of one and he dosent play for the Vikings. And if the Packers have been such a bye over the years for the Vikings then why is the series so close. I believe the Vikings have won 1 more game than us in the overall series. As a Packer fan I will always be VERY proud of the history behind the team.

armchairdeity

As weloutou should be, man! I am proud of the “Purple People Eaters” and stuff too… but none of that is relevant to who’s going to win today. Not a single member of the staff is left from then (that I know of).

You totally should be proud of your team, it just seemed funny to be talking of Super Bowls past in reference to thus weekend. I didn’t realize I had missed other posts in that part of the thread, sorry.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Packers fans, nothing but beer, brats and class. They should have taken a lesson from Boston fans when they welcomed back Ray Bourque.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Where did all the Packer fans go??

jldii

The real question is…How many of those GB guys are still going to be experts tomorrow?

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Pretty quiet east of the river

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I hope the vikes can pull it off but this game is far from over.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 253 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.