Packers/Vikings………. Who Will Win At Lambeau?

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That hurt a little.

kooty
    Keymaster

OK, I’m over it

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Q. What do you think the fan reaction to Brett Favre should be at Lambeau Field this Sunday and what do you think it actually will be?

A. The reaction should be 100% about Aaron Rodgers. When Aaron Rodgers comes out there you should give Aaron Rodgers a standing ovation because he’s our guy for the next 10 years. When Brett comes out you do like any other opposing quarterback, you boo him. If you don’t want to boo him, don’t say anything. But if you’re going to stand up wearing Packer clothing or a Packer uniform and cheer when Brett Favre comes out, you should bring a bag and put it over your head. You don’t cheer for somebody to beat your team, I don’t care who it is. You don’t cheer for another quarterback. If you want to cheer Brett, just bring a bag, put it over your head and you can cheer, and no one will hear you and that’s fine. This is Aaron Rodgers’ show. Don’t let somebody come into your back yard and cheer against you. You don’t cheer for another guy to beat your team. I hope I’m crystal clear with these fans who say they love to see Brett Favre. Well, Brett Favre is gone. It’s Aaron Rodgers’ show. He’s the No. 1-rated quarterback in the NFC, including Brett Favre. I’m happy we’ll be good for the next 10 years. I hope they’ll cheer Aaron and boo Brett. If they don’t want to boo him, that’s their right. But any other quarterback they’d boo, what makes him so special? I mean, wait until he has his number retired, you can cheer him then. You can applaud him all you want. You can’t do that the day of the game, and want your team to win. That’s standing on the fence. You’re either a Packer fan or a Brett fan. If you’re a Brett fan, go buy some purple and wear purple. I have a strong feeling on this, this is my team. I played 12 years for this team. Anybody who comes into that stadium, I want them to lose. If it were me coming back, I wouldn’t expect anyone to cheer for me when I’m going to destroy your team. Of course not

– Leroy Butler (10/26/09)

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

“pass the pipe”

good one!

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

I’ll go with the home team but don’t really care as both teams blow

You’re right! Team Iowa is the best

confused about what? Why does where you currently live determine what team you like? FYI Iowa doesn’t have a pro football team

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

The Packers are Leroy Butler’s team now? This is getting good!

Leroy Butler is your spokesperson, the face and voice of the franchise?

That’s his personal opinion. What Leroy Butler is forgetting is that because of Brett Favre, we all know who Leroy Butler is!!!!
    Favre brought this franchise out of mediocrity and made it famous again, like it was back in the Lombardi Starr days. When I grew up in the 70’s and early 80’s, the Packers were a laughing stock, Favre changed all that.

This is why Packer fans, I will NEVER understand why you’ll boo Favre on Sunday and I’m still not buying its because he’s on the Vikings now! I’ve hinted at the reason today and as soon as you admit it, I’ll shut up.

ET

bigpike

[

This is why Packer fans, I will NEVER understand why you’ll boo Favre on Sunday and I’m still not buying its because he’s on the Vikings now! I’ve hinted at the reason today and as soon as you admit it, I’ll shut up.

ET

Cougar- Bro. Its not that big of deal, I’m sure you and Favre will get over your hurt feelings when he is boo’d at Lambeau on Sunday. Nobody needs you to buy into anything, just sit back and enjoy the scene

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I enjoy watching Favre play, in green and gold, or in purple. He plays the game like it should be played, and makes players around him better because of it.

If on Sunday, a packer makes a great play, (problably won’t happen ) it is a great play. I cannot say it was garbage because it was made by a Packer. I am a football fan as well as a Vikes fan. I like to see great plays, and will cheer for them, regardless of who makes them. I guess that makes me less of a Vikes fan

Ohh, yeah, we get it, you called him Brent

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Viking fans will never understand Packer fans. we drink too much turpentine and will never culturally be your equals. we like it that way. we like being rubes and only having the Packers as the most positive thing in our lil ‘sconni lives.
    BTW thanks for my nice job in St Paul. I love spending all that money over here!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just so I am clear, I am not trying to “understand” anybody.. I am just saying the better team will win sunday….VIKINGS, not so hard to understand. A couple other things I am saying… anybody from Iowa that has a problem with our teams, GB & MN, should get their team into the division, so Detroit can beat somebody…. I can totally understand booing Brett…. what we cannot have, we covet… kind of like when a little boy likes a girl, he pinches and maybe even kicks her…. I can even say, I understand what Brett put the Pack and the fans through, with his retired, not retired, retired, not retired…. I also understand Brett, still believeing he can contribute and you know what ? He was right…. the Vikes are a better team because of him and if I can at least even utter the words playoffs and even Super Bowl…. it’s because he was added as a piece to a team, that I can finally say, I believe they have a shot.

big G

BTW, I would be willing to bet I can handle the with any cheesehead !! In fact I welcome it

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

No, cultural equals, turpentine, etc., that’s not it. I have many good friends that are Packer fans and I don’t think less of them for that.

I’m just amazed at this Favre deal. I’m sure its hard to watch him in purple, to a degree, but it’s mind boggling, to see Packer fans go from where they were three years ago to today.

I too would have preferred that Favre retire as a Packer, but he chose not to, his decision. I’d like my neighbor to clean up his yard a little too, again, his decision not mine. I have trouble (understatement) understanding how a guy goes from god like status to being boo’d for nothing more than a decision to keep playing football.

I do think the Pack made the right decision to go with Rodgers and cut Brett loose. Here’s my one Packer compliment, I do wish the Vikes had Rodgers just like I wished we had Favre all those years. Rodgers is good. But when Brett comes back to your stadium, why not tip your cap and give him a welcome back, good to see ya, now we’re gonna kick your in this game type of ovation?

You guys are talking about booing with all your might and gusto as if he did something wrong. He wants to play, you guys had Rodgers, let him play.

ET

chomps
    Sioux City IA

ok Cougar, put the shoe on the other foot, wasn’t so long ago Brent played for the Pack, life was good. When he set foot on that thing you guys refer to as a football field under the dome, did you utter the “boo” word? I’m betting so. So were you booing him as a person or fo? What’s the difference? As you say looking through your purple glasses, look how those people have changed…well I would be lying if I didn’t point out the obvious, look how you guys have changed.

big_g
    Isle, MN

chimps… Brett didn’t play for the Vikings prior and we didn’t annoint him GOD and the best thing since sliced bread like Cheesedick fans did…. hardly a comparison… I say BOO away, it is the day after Halloween for crying out loud

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

This isn’t about me or Vikes fans. Yes, its weird to see him in purple. This is about how Pack fans have turned on their most popular player.

Why?
    Did he use steroids?
    Have an illicit affair?
    Insult the fans?
    Illegally discharge a handgun?
    Committ any type of crime?

No, he couldn’t make up his mind whether he wanted to play or not? And he did it for 2-3 straight years, and I’m sure it was annoying as heck.
    But your team made a choice(which I happen to agree with) and said no more, you can move on. And he did.

I do business strictly in WI. All my clients are in WI. For the last 5 years we could talk Pack-Vikings and it was always fun, civil. This year I can’t even bring up the subject without setting 2-3 people per meeting into a real (scary) frenzy, and I’m sick of it. Grow up people, understand that football is entertainment, it’s not life. When football starts to affect interpersonal relationships then there’s a problem.

For years, Vikes fans have been criticized for not being ‘real’ fans, not selling out games, not having a 30 year waiting list for tickets, being bandwagon fans.

After the last 2 + months, I now know that is complete BS. This Favre deal has shown many Pack fans’ true colors. I commend those Pack fans that will cheer Favre when he returns to Lambeau. For those that don’t, I don’t understand nor apparently will I.

For everyone else’s sake, I’ll shut up now unless a subsequent posts demands a response.

I’ll be in Green Bay this weekend. I love going to games there. I’ve never had a problem going as a Vikes fan. I’m taking my 11 year old daughter to her first Packer game (yes she is a Pack fan). I’m more than a little leary about the anti-Favre attitude and hoping it won’t spoil the atmosphere that generally surrounds Lambeau Field.

ET

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Here’s how this Packer fans sees it Cougareye. Brent was invited to come compete for the job, (not his job) as quarterback for the Green Bay Packers. That was not good enough for him. TT and Brent didn’t see eye to eye, that’s no secret. Favre was immediately in contact with Darrel Bevel, because he could kill two birds with one stone, he wouldn’t have to learn a whole new offense and he could get back at TT and get revenge, for someone having the audasity to not want him as a QB! So the Pack still had him under contract so the only way was the way the packers wanted it to go. That was they would trade him but not to a NFC North team. So favre elects to go to the Jets to buy him a year, so the Jets wouldn’t lose Draft picks, and therefore he could then be traded to the Queens. This whole thing is Brent’s ego against Ted’s ego. And like it or not Brent wants revenge on my team for letting him go(slap in the face to his ego) therefore I will not cheer for him. Like has been stated before I can see giving him some applause the first time he walks on the filed for warmups, but after that he’s going to have to wait til they retire his number for him to get applause from this Packer fan.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think I figured Packer fans out… not understand them… but figured them out regarding Favre. Jeckyl … Hyde … Jeckyl !!! Do I get a prize ???

big G

And they call Favre a flip flopper…..

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Why don’t you go practice your dance moves or something And I think the proper term is waffleing, get it right G

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

we loved him when he was a vicodin addict and a drunk. if you believe legend there were many, many trysts with women all over the state. we loved him. he was a Packer.

now that he is with Vikings, not so much. you really have to be a fervent Packer fan for it to make any sense. sounds like some of your clients feel the same way. i don’t exactly what your field is Eric but I am sure you deal with highly professional, educated people. what drives them into the (scary) frenzy? I don’t know. I do know that I felt physically ill when I saw Brent giving his first press conference as a Viking. Calling his coach “chili”…

I’m done now too. maybe I will run into you at the game. Hope we can chat over a beer. hope your daughter has a great time also. that 3:15 start time concerns me too. emotions are going to be running high and lots of the turpentine will be slurped. historically not a good mix.

bigpike

Brother SteveO, Brother Muskyman, Brother Chomps- dont let these boys get under your skin. Big G is talking like a sausage again. We are suppose to love Bret and give him a big teddy bear hug when he enters Lambeau even though he wants nothing more than to walk off the field victorious so he can say- I told you so. And we are flip flopping for supporting our team instead of our player who is no longer our player.
    Imagine if Larry Bird had come out of retirement, signed with the Lakers and returned to Boston to face the Celtics. What if Derek Jeter were to sign his next contract with the Red Sox, then return to the Bronx to play against the Yankees? What if George Washington had betrayed the Continental Army, become a British general and led the Redcoats in an attack against his former troops? Favre has already led the Vikings to one win over the Packers, but that was in Minnesota. Now comes the unthinkable: Favre’s return to Lambeau Field as a member of the Vikings, the archenemies of all that is sacred in Green Bay. Stephen King couldn’t have concocted a worse nightmare for the residents of Packerland

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

SteveO, was this you tail gate lot in Lambeau? Have a great time at the game.

Skol Vikes!!

Packer Fan

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Brother SteveO, Brother Muskyman, Brother Chomps- dont let these boys get under your skin. Big G is talking like a sausage again. We are suppose to love Bret and give him a big teddy bear hug when he enters Lambeau even though he wants nothing more than to walk off the field victorious so he can say- I told you so. And we are flip flopping for supporting our team instead of our player who is no longer our player.

big pike….. bro…. do you read the posts ??? I totally do not question booing favre, I get it…. I totally understand being a Packer fan, before a Favre fan (show me where I don’t ?) The only question I have is, how can you go from worshiping a person like GOD, to loathing him like the devil, then when/if he retires as a Packer, he is GOD again…. sorry, but that is flip flop/ waffling whatever you want to call it. I think you are confusing me with someone who cares if Brett gets booed, I don’t !!! I think he fully deserves it !!! And when he wins on sunday, I wold LMAO if he did the Moss Moon !!! I bet you would secretly chuckle too….

big G

kooty
    Keymaster

Hey, I booed him ever time he ran onto the field here. I would expect nothing less from any packer fan.

Now, can we focus on what is important!! Vikes kicking the Packers

I’ve yet to hear an “expert” pick the Queens to win. But then again, they didn’t pick them the last two weeks either. All they are talking about is how great Rodgers is playing. He’s gonna tear up the Vikes secondary.

Sucks we have to wait for the late game on Sunday.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Peter King picked the Queens, which pretty much means the Packers will win.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Just looked it up and it says the Packers are 3 point favorites… I don’t really know how I feel about that one… I always have thought of betting on the vikes…that way…if by some crazy chance the Pack falls, it just wouldn’t hurt quite so much with a benjamin or two in my hand… …consoling myself with a new St. Croix rod sitting next to me… Wait a minute…that isn’t that bad of an idea…

Naaaaaa….the pack is going to kick your Kooty…

LETS GET THIS THING FIRED UP BOYS!!!! THIS IS THE GAME OF THE CENTURY BETWEEN THESE TWO RIVALS. NEVER HAS THERE BEEN THIS MUCH PERSONAL EMOTION TIED TO A GAME BETWEEN THESE TWO TEAMS. NNEEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR!!!!! I LOATHE THE VIKINGS. I WANT FAVRE BEING PLANTED OVER AND OVER AND OVER…(NOT HURT)…JUST POUNDED…OVER AND OVER…UNTIL HE WALKS OFF THAT FIELD GOING…WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! HE HAS COMMITTED THE ULTIMATE FORM OF TREASON FOR MANY MANY FANS. EAT GRASS FAVRE!!! WHAT’S THAT…WANT ANOTHER SERVING…OKAY, HERE YOU GO!!!

Just like Ford/Chevy conversations…the other side doesn’t get it. Accept it and move on!!! Favre joining the dark side is like my wife of 17 years hooking up with a guy, she knows, I just cannot stand. Then she comes to every place she knows I will be…with him…like some trophy on her arm. We cannot escape him…he has a 10 minute spot on every sports center… Your viking friends just can’t stop rubbing it in. HE IS EVERYWHERE!!!! That analogy might be a little extreme but sometimes it truly does feel like that.

And another thing…I CANNOT STAND THAT RIDICULOUS BULL HORN!!!! BAAAA WOOOOOOOH…COME ON!!!!!! THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN THAT IS WHEN THE GOPHERS CELEBRATE “ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER…FIRST DOWN”!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME…A FIRST DOWN???? LUCKILY, IN YEARS PAST, YOU ONLY HAD TO HEAR IT A HANDFUL OF TIMES EACH GAME…

One last thing…if anyone is thinking of wearing your purple Favre jersey to the game… …I go back to the blues brothers on this one…it’s going to be hard eating corn on the cob with no bleepin teeth… If I were guessing, I would say that security is going to be tripled for this game. Win or lose…Viking fans…put your head down, don’t make eye contact with anyone, walk or run to your car and leave the state immediately!!!

What just happened…I blacked out…must have had an out of body experience. Luckily, I am not as passionate about the Pack as I used to be in my teens and twenties… Back to being all friendly again. I have learned the sun, win or lose, will come up on Monday morning and I will be serving or eating crow BIG TIME…

bigpike

Well G not sure I can answer that one for you other than we live in a fallen world so what would you expect? Hero worship is part of our culture and the Mississippi river does not seperate who does it

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

bone
    you do the coulee region proud. G-E-T boy myself.

kooty
    Keymaster

I think you need a drink of this Ted!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Ted as long as were picking apart rituals…. I can’t stand it when at Lambo, they play the … do.do….do.do.do.do……go Pack a hole…do.do….do.do.do.do….go Pack a hole…

big G

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I just saw this guy at Walmart in Hudson this morning. Last I saw him he was heading east towards Lambeau. I think it is safe to say he us full of your PURPLE PRIDE BABY. Which one of you guys borrowed your gear to this guy for the big game? Was it G, Kooty, Sandbar or Cougar?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Saw this guy also, geez! you guys sure take the purple pride a bit too far!

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 253 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.