Packers/Vikings………. Who Will Win At Lambeau?

• Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

I’ll go with the home team but don’t really care as both teams blow

You’re right! Team Iowa is the best

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Go Vikes. Should be a great game.
    Thanks, Bill

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Some pregame activities for you Steve.

Funeral

You guys only have yourselves to blame for worshiping a football player in such a manner.

bigpike

Quote:

Some pregame activities for you Steve.

Funeral

You guys only have yourselves to blame for worshiping a football player in such a manner.

Maybe some day Minnesota will be able to lay claim to the greater portion of an icons career. Then maybe for just one small moment you might understand what Favre has meant to alot of football fans in Wisconsin. But until that day comes you will have to sit back and watch this play out- get yourself a few laughs in as I am sure you will/have. But you just wont be able to understand. Nor should you

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

While the Vikings have not had anyone play for them for many years and become an icon in some time (70’s) the thing that gets me about this WI and Brett Favre affair is that it can get to this level in this era of free agency.

There have been so many iconic players that have left their original teams near the end of their careers that the list is too long to produce. In the NFL, Montana, Marcus Allen, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice all come to mind. Teams/players make decisions and move on. Recently in the Twin Cities we’ve watched Santana and Hunter leave and the team still does well. When these two came back to town they were applauded in appreciation for what they did while here.

Why is this so hard for Packer fans? Brett Favre was/is an icon. The Packers and Favre cut ties two years ago. Favre doesn’t want to stop playing so he’s still going. This is how pro sports goes.

For the Packer fans that intend to boo with all their might this Sunday……. I’ll be there to soak it all in. But I won’t understand why you are booing instead of applauding the guy that will go down as the greatest Packer of all time.

ET

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Eric,

I will boo him because he is a Viking. Simple as that.

Even Pat Ruesse gets that.

bigpike

Why is this so hard for Packer fans? Brett Favre was/is an icon. The Packers and Favre cut ties two years ago. Favre doesn’t want to stop playing so he’s still going. This is how pro sports goes.

For the Packer fans that intend to boo with all their might this Sunday……. I’ll be there to soak it all in. But I won’t understand why you are booing instead of applauding the guy that will go down as the greatest Packer of all time.

ET

I think you answered your own question. The Packers team cut ties with Favre. It is much harder as fans to cut ties to a legend. Especially when he walks back into your stadium with the enemy’s colors on. This is what Favre wanted all along- his way of sticking it to Ted and the boys who got fed up with his indecision. If I was there I would boo Favre with unending passion. If I am there the day they retire his number I will chear him with unending passion and thank him for his great service to this team and state. Once again I just dont think Minnesota has had a player of this stature return in this fassion. You just can’t understand and you never will

bigpike

Dont even try

kooty
    Keymaster

ahhhhh. The world in now right again. Glad your back big pike!!!

bigpike

You will never understand

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10285330

Just found this after posting. I still won’t understand why you’ll boo. The Packers didn’t want him, he still wants to play. Get over it!

And if any of you think you are booing him because he’s a Viking now you’d better take a long honest look at what you’re really feeling…..cause I ain’t buying it!

ET

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m just glad the imposter who had your password the other day is gone. I almost felt like you complimented the Vikes.

You are right, I’ll never understand the love for #4. Now, can we get back to serious part of this post and rip on each other a bit more!!

I know this is a huge drama game due to #4. However, this is a really big chance for the Vikes to put a strangle hold on the division. Hopefully it’s a great old fashion Norris game. If we happen to blow you out, oh well, I guess.

bigpike

Quote:

ahhhhh. The world in now right again. Glad your back big pike!!!

Thanks, I had an out of body experience earlier this week and agreed with big G on something. I vaguely recalled it happening until I read the post. I was gonna edit it and change it but we all have our moments of weakness. So I must live with my moment of weakness for the whole IDO community to see. I plan on going to confession this weekend and atone for my sins.

bigpike

I will confess my sins BEFORE the game, maybe I will be forgiven and the Green and Gold will pull out a victory over the Purple machine

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

GB: 107
    Queens: 3-in garbage time.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Yes, there will be plenty of booing when Allen does this after sacking Rodgers 4 times.

bigpike

Quote:

GB: 107
    Queens: 3-in garbage time.

GB 107
    Queens 2
    Rodgers lays down in the end zone in the 4th quarter for the “hillbilly” as he calls Allen, like Favre layed down for Strahan a few years ago for the sack record- because he feels sorry for him

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Cougar, as most all the people I talk with who are first and foremost Packers fans, Brent was part of the team, which if you haven’t noticed, plays for the team which we dislike the most. Hello we have a different quarterback! We cheer for him and boo the purple teletubbies simple as that, get over it. I went in to the closet to dig out the old green #4 farve jersey, wanted to set it a blaze this Sunday. (Made the mistake of letting the fw know my and a few others plans) I do believe it is gone, nowhere to be found! I’ll keep looking. Was hoping to put a few photos here, just have to see if she comes clean.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

Quote:

I’ll go with the home team but don’t really care as both teams blow

You’re right! Team Iowa is the best

you can’t use this quote, it is what big g uses when he has nothing else pertinent to the conversation

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I have said it several times before and will say it again. Brett is playing great. The pack has big trouble on their hands. I would love to see them win, but I’m just being realistic.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I get around…. Gut, your gonna get some miles out of this one .. I tend to think… Truth is I LOVE IT !!!!
    Rogers on sunday….”I get knocked down, well I get up again….”

big G

bigpike

Brett Favre — Imagine if Larry Bird had come out of retirement, signed with the Lakers and returned to Boston to face the Celtics. What if Derek Jeter were to sign his next contract with the Red Sox, then return to the Bronx to play against the Yankees? What if George Washington had betrayed the Continental Army, become a British general and led the Redcoats in an attack against his former troops? Favre has already led the Vikings to one win over the Packers, but that was in Minnesota. Now comes the unthinkable: Favre’s return to Lambeau Field as a member of the Vikings, the archenemies of all that is sacred in Green Bay. Stephen King couldn’t have concocted a worse nightmare for the residents of Packerland

you will never understand……

big_g
    Isle, MN

Johnny Damon…..

big G

kooty
    Keymaster

In 16 years of watching #4, did you ever happen to see him get up for big games?? Was his energy contagious? I remember a game against the Raiders he was unbelievable. 2007 NFC championship, he was not #4.

So, what #4 shows up this week????

I hope the fans boo him all game long(as they should in my opinion). Once the game is over and he has thrown for 3 TD’s and AP rushed for 2 more, it will be interesting to see if the crowd tips there hat to him. Yes, I’m predicting 38 points for the vikes!! 38 to 24 vikes.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Roger Clemens?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

you ever shut up Kooty? I agree with your score though AP will light up Harris once more i hope and to Allen, Edwards and the Williams boys KILL,KILL,KILL should be a good game and i can see it going either way similar to our game last week Rodgers scares the HE!! out of me though!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

AP: 24 yards on the night.
    Favre: 6 ints.
    Allen: knocked out of the game by a rookie.

gonna be a good night for the Pack!!! Time to retake first place–our rightful spot in the division. Time for queens to self destruct—–they always do.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

AP: 24 yards on the night.
    Favre: 6 ints.
    Allen: knocked out of the game by a rookie.

gonna be a good night for the Pack!!! Time to retake first place–our rightful spot in the division. Time for queens to self destruct—–they always do.

Marijuana use greatly increasing your chances of clouding your better judgement…. Seriously, pass the pipe… you have had enough….

big G

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 253 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.