Packers/Vikings………. Who Will Win At Lambeau?

• big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I REPEAT….. NASCAR AT TALLADEGA

It’s over…. Jimmy Johnson…… AGAIN…. At least I can’t recall Chad Knaus getting caught cheating THIS year….. (notice I say “getting caught”)

big G

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Listening to a certain “expert” on ESPN over lunch. He is picking the Pack with a decisive win because:

Vikes, 3 tough road games in a row. Tough to keep the energy level at top shelf caliber when on the road 3 weeks in a row. No Winfield, Rodgers will shine. Missing key receiver. Not a mention of Favre being an emotional basket listening to 60k + booing fans.

Wonder if he’ll get enough cheers to even make a dent in the boo birds??

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I REPEAT….. NASCAR AT TALLADEGA

I think Chilly will win at Talledega driving the Vikes bus

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Listening to a certain “expert” on ESPN over lunch. He is picking the Pack with a decisive win because:

Vikes, 3 tough road games in a row. Tough to keep the energy level at top shelf caliber when on the road 3 weeks in a row. No Winfield, Rodgers will shine. Missing key receiver. Not a mention of Favre being an emotional basket listening to 60k + booing fans.

Wonder if he’ll get enough cheers to even make a dent in the boo birds??

Some expert. He should probably check the schedule as this will be the Queens 2nd road game in a row…unless he thinks there will be some strong competition during their bye week.

I’m sure there will be cheering. It has proven just in this small sample of people that there are guys who claim to be Packer fans but at the end of the day they really just have a man-crush on Favre.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I will boo Favre with every fiber of my soul until he takes off that ridiculous purple jersey. He is the enemy until he goes into the hall of fame as a Packer!

kooty
    Keymaster

Good catch. I was just thinking to myself, Who did we play on the road two weeks ago?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

SteveO,
    If you give me a call on your cell phone from the game and put it on Speaker phone, I’ll boo the Purple Pimple like heck too.

Maybe we should invent some crowd noise like the viqueens do and blare the invented boo birds over the stadium speakers just like they do at the roller dome when the opposing team is trying to call a play.

jldii

Quote:

I will boo Favre with every fiber of my soul until he takes off that ridiculous purple jersey. He is the enemy until he goes into the hall of fame as a Packer!

Carefull what you say, he might decide to go into the HOF as a Viking!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Then what ?? God status again ????

big G

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Hey Jack
    If they win the SB that’s my greatest fear! Could happen? Who knows??!!

kooty
    Keymaster

Or he wins back to back super bowls then goes in as a Vike.

I hope he helps us win at least one, but do not wish that on my Packer friends. However for a few of you I don’t consider friends, it would be pretty darn funny.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

SteveO,
    If you give me a call on your cell phone from the game and put it on Speaker phone, I’ll boo the Purple Pimple like heck too.

Maybe we should invent some crowd noise like the viqueens do and blare the invented boo birds over the stadium speakers just like they do at the roller dome when the opposing team is trying to call a play.

OK Coach Ditka Welcome to 1985.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

Ryan Grant:
    Wk Date Opp Att Yds TD Fum Pts
    1 09/13/09 CHI 16 61 1 0 6
    2 09/20/09 CIN 14 46 1 1 6
    3 09/27/09 @STL 26 99 0 0 0
    4 10/05/09 @MIN 11 51 0 0 0
    5 BYE – – – – – –
    6 10/18/09 DET 24 90 0 0 0
    7 10/25/09 @CLE 27 148 1 0 14

Adrian Peterson:
    Wk Date Opp AttYds TD Fum Pts
    1 09/13/09 @CLE 25 180 3 0 30
    2 09/20/09 @DET 15 92 1 1 6
    3 09/27/09 SF 19 85 0 0 0
    4 10/05/09 GB 25 55 1 1 6
    5 10/11/09 @STL 15 69 2 0 12
    6 10/18/09 BAL 22 143 0 0 8
    7 10/25/09 @PIT 18 69 1 0 6

I dunno…looks like fuzzy Lambeau math to me.

The fuzzy math tells me Ryan Grant has a 4.19 yds/carry and AP has a 4.98 yds/carry. Yeah I see your point, not.

Last I heard, yards per carry don’t count on the scoreboard. Let’s compare TD’s that do!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Deano,
    Did I just date myself?? And you too? S O B.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Tuck…the receiving cores are even???…really???…step away from the pipe…

Ted,
    Rodgers 1702 yards,11 TD’s
    Favre 1681 yards, 12 TD’s

He’s gotta be throwin’ to somebody!
    Wanna hit off the pipe?

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

[quoteLast I heard, yards per carry don’t count on the scoreboard. Let’s compare TD’s that do!

We’ll go with TD’s Tuck, with that said Maurice Jones Drew is just as good as AP then. What happens if AP wins the rushing title but finishes 3rd in TD’s, do you then change the criteria for greatness to yards then? Or better yet I bet Mason Crosby scores more points than AP this year, I guess that must make him better. I just don’t see your reasoning? Man I love the buildup to this game

baldwin4
    NE IA

Good ‘Ole Barney Favre

big_g
    Isle, MN

baldwin……..”4″……….closet I do believe….

big G

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I think Harvin and Shianco are rock solid. With the O-line the vikes have, I would hate to see what they could do with a few of our recievers thrown into the mix… Scary to even think about!!

smacphail

I’m amazed by the Packer fans pulling for Favre! Have you lost your minds??? Even though I’m a Vikings fan, I agree w/Bill Scott’s article in principle (article pasted below). Go ahead Packer fans pull for Favre if that’s where your loyalty lies, I just think it’s really weird…

http://www.wrn.com/2009/10/packers-vs-vikings-let-the-hype-begin/
    Packers vs. Vikings! Let the hype begin
    by Bill Scott on October 28, 2009

in Sports, Titletown Report

Everywhere I turn, somebody seems to have an opinion as to how Packers fans should respond when Brett Favre steps onto Lambeau Field for the first time as a member of the visiting team. Internet polls asking whether Favre should be cheered or booed. I hope this silly argument isn’t going to last all week.

For the record, I think fans should do to Favre what they do to any other opposing quarterback. If you boo Jay Cutler, then you should boo Brett Favre. There’s plenty of time to celebrate Favre’s many great years in Green Bay, and his lengthy career.

Favre is now playing for the enemy. He’s trying to do one thing and that’s beat the Green Bay Packers. If you are a Packers fan, you can’t possibly think cheering Favre does any good. The Packers are trying to beat the Vikings and win the NFC North. They need every ounce of support you can muster. Be loud, yell at the opponent, make it impossible for Favre to communicate verbally with his teammates while at the line of scrimmage.

And if you are really torn between not wanting to cheer or boo, then do nothing. Don’t cheer or boo. Be silent. You can show your disapproval without booing the quarterback you grew up cheering for.

For those of you entrenched so deep in the Favre camp, just remember this. Ultimately, your job as a fan is to do whatever is necessary and within the legal limit, to help your team win. Don’t lose sight of the fact that your real job is to be the 12th man. You could be the difference between a win and a loss on Sunday.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I hate that it has come to this…all I have left to say is this…

And while I am at it…this…

Oohhhh…wait…I was born in Minnesota… …now I am confused…

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Susie-Q…Amen.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

he he he….. I was thinking the same thing Jack! Favre in the HOF as a VIKE!

Keep the Grape Juice flowing Big G!

I think the only way the pack wins is if they sign Chuck Norris to a free agent contract before Sunday & find a way to incorporate his lethal roundhouse kick into their game plan.

Otherwise I stick to my original prediction –

VIKINGS = 83 packers = 17

big_g
    Isle, MN

Let’s all have a couple more swigs

big_g
    Isle, MN

Ok then Ted…..

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

lmao…I prefer this one…

In case anyone has had a few by now it says…Best Beer Drinkers…

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Then what ?? God status again ????

big G

When I die and go to Heaven, Jesus Christ will look just like Brett Favre! YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…………

big_g
    Isle, MN

Ted…I notice it’s spilling some to the West…

big G

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

[quoteLast I heard, yards per carry don’t count on the scoreboard. Let’s compare TD’s that do!

We’ll go with TD’s Tuck, with that said Maurice Jones Drew is just as good as AP then. What happens if AP wins the rushing title but finishes 3rd in TD’s, do you then change the criteria for greatness to yards then? Or better yet I bet Mason Crosby scores more points than AP this year, I guess that must make him better. I just don’t see your reasoning? Man I love the buildup to this game

MJD is one of my Fantasy backs because of point production. That is how I win games as well.

I agree! The build up to this game is unreal. ESPN, the NFL Network…all you hear about is this game! I don’t “Know” who will win..but whomever does it will be because the other team got “A bad call” or someone got hurt, and their Big Guy didn’t play…yada yada… But it will be a great game I feel…

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

I’ll go with the home team but don’t really care as both teams blow

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 253 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.