New Lighted Bobber

• timmy

Quote:

A 36 dollar re bobber fee every week from March until Sept.

36 dollars = 6 bobbers. Are you claiming that you would burn through 6 bobbers per week, every week for 6 months?

6 bobbers = 180 hours of guaranteed burn time. That’s more hours than exist in a week……..

Tim

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

He’s in WI–more than one bobber at a time

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ya, those jerks get to use 3 lines per license.

timmy

That is still three lines in the water 8 hours per day, every day………….

Tim

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Timmy,

I really like it when faced with a math argument. Let’s just say I run 6 at a time. I start a couple hours before dark and go to midnight. Lets figure 8 hours per fishing trip (I often go longer). That is 48 hours per trip of lighting. I can hope to get 40 hours per bobber from these new ones. I’ll believe the 70 hours when I see it. When my current setups go they get dim to the point you can’t see them but they could still be called on. I am sure I could kill 6 bobbers every week if I was fishing every night. If the bite is on, so be it.

Warriorguy

Quote:

Timmy,

I really like it when faced with a math argument. Let’s just say I run 6 at a time. I start a couple hours before dark and go to midnight. Lets figure 8 hours per fishing trip (I often go longer). That is 48 hours per trip of lighting. I can hope to get 40 hours per bobber from these new ones. I’ll believe the 70 hours when I see it. When my current setups go they get dim to the point you can’t see them but they could still be called on. I am sure I could kill 6 bobbers every week if I was fishing every night. If the bite is on, so be it.

Wow, I’m jealous at the amount of time you have to spend on the water!! That’s the life I want!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Welcome to IDO Warriorguy

big G

fireline
    Rochester

Any idea what the shelf live is ,for fisherman that don’t do a lot of night fishing ?

timmy

Sounds good kev. The numbers sounded really high to me – and seeing your explanation….I can see it. They still seem really high, but possible. every week from March until Sept? Wow……that is a heck of a lot of time on the water!

Tim

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I don’t fish every night but for the sake of arguement lets say I get 3 weeks out of this new system. That would be one more than I get now. I would run firetips if they didn’t hang up so much. I got 10 trips with one lithium battery last year. I tried the swivel thing on the bottom and the problem was actually worse than running them direct.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Hey Wiskerkev, I have to agree with you. The hole in the bottom of the bobber doesn’t work very well and tangles for me with or without the snap swivel. It can be done but you have to cast just right and that’s tough to do in the dark. The way the Splash Brite is designed the line runs right thru the middle of the bobber. This should make for plenty of hassle free fishing!

Due to no better option I’ve been using the glow sticks on my Pro Series bobbers for the last couple years. The glow sticks are $1 each, so the fact that they made a lighted version of the Pro Series will save me a ton of money. I usually only fish a couple hours a night past dark, so at a minimum I’ll get 15 nights of fishing out of each bobber

big_g
    Isle, MN

FYI… these bobbers have hit Fleet Farm shelves…… $5.49

big G

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

Quote:

FYI… these bobbers have hit Fleet Farm shelves…… $5.49

I don’t fish at night with a bobber a lot, so these should be perfect for me. If the battery will actually stay up during down time, one should last the summer. I don’t much do hard water fishing so no worries there.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.