New Lighted Bobber

• mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Thill Splash Brite
    A friend of mine was testing these for Lindy this summer. They have not yet been put on the market but some protos were released to small groups. Thill is claiming 20hrs of light but some testers have logged up to 70hrs on some. There are two small sensor wires that complete the circuit when in the water and turn off as soon as the bobber is removed from the water. It is being said that Thill will release these at $6. So past are the days of those little light up batteries that never do turn off at $3 a crack. And just like the pro series they have a brass insert, Totally awsome for the night bite fisherman…
    Can’t wait to get my hands on a couple more for Mille Lacs!
    –Mark

big_g
    Isle, MN

They are cool I got one at a seminar they had at Hunters Point saturday night The price was right…. FREE !!!!!

big G

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great idea!! There will be a few in my box when they come out!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Finally!

Thanks for sharing!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I can’t even imagine how many of these they’re going sell! I wish I would have thought of it Either way I’ll finally have a decent bobber to use for night fishing

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Wow those look sweet! Those thin batteries with the pop up light were junk.

prieser
    Byron, MN

So it looks like they light up during the day too. Is it a bobber that the line slips through the whole body length or just at the base? Just wondering if you need to retie day time vs. night time.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

With the brass insert, I’m guessing it slips through the whole body.

Jami

big_g
    Isle, MN

It goes through the whole body. It lites up whenever it is in water…. or beer for that matter

big G

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

They are cool I got one at a seminar they had at Hunters Point saturday night The price was right…. FREE !!!!!

big G

what else did ya get at Hunters ????

big_g
    Isle, MN

A Darter lure too and a couple koolies……

big G

Fireball

Yea the Lakestate Fishing members had there annual get together at Hunters Saturday night,.they were handing out the darters and bobbers to the Members of LSF.

n8r

Those bobbers are awesome!! It was great to have Jon Thelen and Lindy give 2 great, brand new, products to all of us there. LakeState had a great turn out. And Hunters had an awesome dinner special too. Too bad the weather wasnt better.

hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

Nice Chucker, maybe I missed it, but what is the release date?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Yea the Lakestate Fishing members had there annual get together at Hunters Saturday night,.they were handing out the darters and bobbers to the Members of LSF.

Actually, they handed them to everyone there….. even the wife got one (So I got 2 )

WW… he said they should be available after the first of the year… he had the first 75 that were manufactured, that were not prototypes. They will retail for $5.99 The real message I got was, Lindy and the new owners, will be making lures that are tested, and tough. And the biggest point he was making, was price. Most products he mentioned such as raps and these bobbers, nothing was over $5.99. He actually quoted prices at a seminar….

big G

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Jon Thelen, from Lindy Fishing Tackle, is who you are talking about. The LSF GTG was a great success… and yes, some of the bar crowd got included when we were ready to hand out the product. After a great seminar provided by Bobber… Jon came up and gave some great information on the new Lindy Products. Specifically, the Lindy Shadling (a shad rap like no other), the Lindy Darter, and the Thill Splash Brite. Jon put the brakes on the Shadling production to make sure the finish was just perfect. On his recent outing… after more than a hundred fish caught on a single shadling… the finish started looking a little worn. Can you believe that? He put the brakes on to correct it to make sure that the shadling is the most perfect crank on the market (otherwise… 75 of those would have been handed out as well… which was the original plan).

And, as said above… the 75 Splash Brite bobbers along with the 75 Lindy Darters were the FIRST off of the production line!

Big G… didn’t get to meet you personally… but I woulda been the one that handed you (or the wife) the Lindy Darter. Gotta send out thanks to Lindy and LSF for those free products!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hey Dave, it would have been the wife…. I was standing in the back, (all the seats were taken) and caught Bobbers talk and Jon’s. I waited until the line was down (so all the LSF guys got their stuff) then went up and got a bobber from Jon…. I am sure I seen you, but I think you were being swarmed by a bunch of LSF guys, so I didn’t get a Darter…. Bobber came back by us at the bar and told the wives to go get a bobber too, they did and the misses came back with 2 Darters too !!! Thanks for that

big G

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

If she came back with more than one Darter… then I think I remember her. I am fairly certain the words “Lazy”, and “Guys” were mentioned when she asked for a few.

Hey… right place at the right time! can’t complain about that!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Quick question. What powers the light on these new bobbers?

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

There is a battery in the completely sealed bobber. Lindy actually claims 30hrs of battery life (not 20 as stated above). But, in testing, they lasted much longer. For warranty purposes, Lindy stands behind 30hrs. With the unique features of turning off when out of water…. I can forsee these lasting for MANY night-time outings.

The Splash-brite is built in such a way that when the battery eventually dies… the bobber can still be used as a day-time float! So you can either toss it in the trash or toss it in your box. At $5.99… it is well worth buying another.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I disagree. Throw them away. Just a word of advice to whomever did this. Dumb idea. Why can’t someone make a good bobber that is reliable? This may be better than the old Thill’s and their crappy replacement lights. How about a gammgatsu type light on slip bobber? I use 6 each time I go. So I’d get 3 trips instead of 2 big whoop and I’d be up to my knees in chitty plastic. Go back to the drawing board and try again.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I disagree. Throw them away. Just a word of advice to whomever did this. Dumb idea. Why can’t someone make a good bobber that is reliable? This may be better than the old Thill’s and their crappy replacement lights. How about a gammgatsu type light on slip bobber? I use 6 each time I go. So I’d get 3 trips instead of 2 big whoop and I’d be up to my knees in chitty plastic. Go back to the drawing board and try again.

WOW…… something about Wheaties and something else comes to mind….. It’s just easy not to buy any…… Not really sure you are grasping what people are talking about with these bobbers….

big G

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Sorry G,

I am a night fisherman. I use a lot of bobbers and am tired of wasting my money on throw away junk. If there is a battery in there, they need to be able to be replaced. This is the proverbial throw the baby out with the bath water scenario.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

As 5.99.. why bother buying a battery? Like I said… these were built with quality in mind. They will work perfectly for a day-time float too! And besides, replacement batteries are going to run you close to $5 anyway.

These certainly are as far away from “junk” as you can get.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I hear ya…. 90% of what I do , is during prime bar hours… I used to love the Blue Fox lighted bobbers…. they quit them. I have one Gamakatsu that I love, waiting for the day, I break the screw out top on that one…. that one ran me $12.99 w/battery and replacement batteries, if I can find on sale, a 2 pack for $6.99. I like the design of these new ones, because there are no O-rings, that dry, crack, then leak water onto the battery and then the white powder thing starts Being completely sealed, there is no seals to leak, being $5.99, they are cost effective. If I can get a bobber to last through the night ban (I fish pretty much Mille) and half way through July, I will be way ahead, compared to what I pay for batteries for the Gama or the little pull up lights (which turn on and off when they want) that I use in the pull apart bobbers…. again… with the rubber O-ring I am excited to try em out I did hear the number 78 hours tossed around, by a guy I trust very well….. he threw it off his dock on a monday night about 5pm….. it got dim enough where he thought it was shot thursday night at 11pm. This was 78 hours non-stop…. Impressive to me. I don’t think we will get away from plastic either….

big G

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Sounds like a pretty cool bobber. But I agree with some of what WhiskerKev is saying. I’ve seen the replacement batteries for the existing bobbers for closer to 3.00. If you have 3 of those bobbers, thats close to 10.00 savings by just replacing the batteries (10.00 = 12 pack of beer ). As for using them as a daytime bobber… Can you turn them off so your not burning your batteries during the daytime?

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I haven’t seen them yet so I will try them and see. The little lithium jobs in the gamis are what I would like them to use. I tried one of those gami bobbers this year but I hate the hole in the bottom design. They get hung up when pitching my baits out there 1/3 of the time. I might just have to build the one I want. 5.99 is a good price but every time they would wear out I would say to myself there goes another 6 dollars and they would all run out at once. A 36 dollar re bobber fee every week from March until Sept.

big_g
    Isle, MN

NO, you can’t turn them off during the day… if there in the water, they are on.

On my Gama bobber, I put a snap swivel in the hole Get’s rid of the hanging up

big G

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.