Camcorder Recommendation

• sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

The wife wants a new camcorder, I want one too. I am tired of recording on tape and then converting it to digital.
    I would like an HD but the wife not sure. I would like too keep it under $700, the FW would like it to be less

What do you recommend for a storage format, miniDV tape cassettes, DVDs, internal hard drives, mini Blu-ray discs, or removable flash-memory cards?

Any recommendations??

Thanks,
    Ron

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Ron,

I highly recommend you get one with a wide angle lense in case you’re fishing with me. You’ll need it to fit the my fish in the picture

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Sony products have always been very good to me. The other thing with the Sony’s is they usually have top notch night shots.

As for format, with HD most of them use SD cards now. The SD cards are actually kind of nice because a 16gb card will hold about 3 hours of HD film, and you can use them with any computer without any additional software or having to hook up the camcorder. Most computers have built in card readers, or you can get an USB card reader for like $10 that will work fine.

I’m thinking of getting a new camcorder also for filming weddings, so I need one with a mic jack for a wireless jack. If you’re ok with onboard audio, you can get a nice Sony HD for $500 ish.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

I highly recommend you get one with a wide angle lense in case you’re fishing with me. You’ll need it to fit the my fish in the picture

I am so glad that you added that last line, I thought you were getting fat

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

The new generation of stuff is a lot smaller than the old. I don’t know anything about the new models but I was reading about this one web page

Sometimes you have to click the “HD” option to see it.

Actually, the old version of that is only $40 from dell. samples

glb
    Twin Cities

I bought a Sony HDR SR12 almost a year ago and am very happy with it. Its HD with a 120GB hard drive and a memory stick. We took it on a 1 week vacation last winter and were able to easily fit all the pictures and video on the hard drive and memory stick. I know what you mean about prices, but if you think some of the cameras are a little expensive you might try pricing underwater housings and lighting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.