Vikings/Packers

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

In-com-plete PASS!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I know this is not the post about college but Bucky 31, Rodents 28…….A prelude of things to come?????

Guess not…. Pretty quiet in here…. What’s going on in the game ??? How’s Favre doing ??? How about Rodgers ???

big G

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Great game! Gotta tip my hat to Rodgers, he played great, but tonight was Favre’s night!

Go Vikes – 4-0!!!!!!!

ET

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Great game! Gotta tip my hat to Rodgers, he played great, but tonight was Favre’s night!

Go Vikes – 4-0!!!!!!!

ET

If he had an O line if front of him he would have chewed us up IMHO. The game at Lambeau will be worth the watch.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

And everyone thought Favre would be carted off. Looks like Rogers suffered the stinger there at the end.

Does Jared Allen send the thank you for the NFC Defensive Player of the Week award to the left tackle or to Rogers? Will the Clifton be back for the Lamebeau meeting? I hate not beating a team full strength, it takes away some obvious excuses.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thank You Vikes!!!! That drops the Pack to 3rd in our division and bumps the Bears up a notch!!!

I enjoy watching Farve play, but didn’t really care who won this one. But, I was so frustrated with the crappy officiating in this game. I know the refs are human and things get missed. But there were a bad calls each way and a lot of blown calls that should have been made.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Go Vikes – 4-0!!!!!!!

ET

Yeah, the Vikes D sure let him pad his numbers, when they went into their “prevent” They better not do that against a worthy team …. I wouldn’t take away from the Vikings D-Line…. they can make most O-lines look like High Schoolers, that’s what I take from it. The Pack D did a good job against AP… but as I said, with 2 eyes on AP… that leaves Brett to have his way This should have been what it was for 3 1/2 quarters… total dominance… take the AP stand up & hold & strip away and it was what it was….

big G

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

I loved that challenge, what a call! Thanks McCarthy! The true test will come on November 1st.

jldii

It wasn’t as close as the final score makes it look. Up till the last 6 minutes, it was a good old fashion whooping.

Get rid of our prevent defense. 3 times the Pack completed passes for over 20 yards down the seam on the left side of our “prevent” defense. Stay in the zone and rush 4 and we’d be better off.

Special teams looked the best I’ve seen in a number of years.

Heck, I bet even Brian liked the offensive play calls today!!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Hey Packer Backers, how’s that change working for you?

(wait, i can’t post that…where is the delete button?…here it is…

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Favre played great.
    Rodgers played ok, but made some Favrian turnovers
    One O-line stepped up.
    The other O-line didn’t get off the plane.

All the Favre worshippers should be happy the Packers traded him. He would have gotten killed, literally, out there.

I think the change is just fine for the Packers. Do you think the O-line would somehow play better with Favre out there? All of the analyst say the Packers made the right move, but I am sure someone will bring up that those guys know nothing. Gruden did say he thinks the Queens will go to the Super Bowl, so maybe they don’t know anything.

I guess Favre got his revenge, but the Vikings should have one this game. Even when god himself was running the Packers, they lost more than they won at the Dome.

Congrats to the Queens.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

WE NEED AN “O” LINE!!!!!

Congrats to the “Queens”…….I still don’t think they’ll win a superbowl

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

WE NEED AN “O” LINE!!!!!

Congrats to the “Queens”…….I still don’t think they’ll win a superbowl

Thanks for the 2 cents Madden!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I know Favre is a Vike now, and I should be happy, but the “Favre love fest” is really old. Let it go, he is a decent QB who played a long, long, long time. I thought Madden had come out of retirement to call the game.

Signed,
    Vikes fan who does not want to have Favres babies

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

All I can say is:

“Thank you Ted Thompson for screwing up my Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.”

Favre showed what he is, still one of the best QB’s in the league. If you queen fans are not happy with that—-nothing in this God given world will ever make you happy.

Hate to say it, but road to superbowl is going thru the Twin Cities.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Don’t be jinxing us now. Last night the team looked like it was hitting its stride and they are all on the same page. But I take nothing for granted and there is still a lot of work ahead. Let’s see what we look like after the Ravens and Steelers.

I am surprised the officiating has not been touched on more. I thought the taunting call was pretty weak, but unlike the commentators, I thought the interference in the end zone was the right call. Looked like Woodson turned him by wrapping his arm around his waist and pulling him which also allowed him an extra lurch ahead to grab the ball. I know there were some other calls, but those 2 stand out in my mind.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Don’t be jinxing us now. Last night the team looked like it was hitting its stride and they are all on the same page. But I take nothing for granted and there is still a lot of work ahead. Let’s see what we look like after the Ravens and Steelers.

I agree 100%, but you have to admit it was a hell of a game that could have went either way.

cdn
    West Central, MN

I am so glad we finally have a quarterback! That was a huge missing link for a long time. Watching Favre work is sure entertaining. Thanks to the Pack for turning him free!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

What I took away from last night.
    1. Favre had some serious zip on the ball that he hadn’t the 1st 3 weeks. Our receivers did a good job of hauling in some zingers.
    2. Aaron Rodgers is a stud. He was definitely the right QB for GB. He appears to have a bright future in the NFL. Now just get him an O line!!

Can’t wait for the Nov 1 game in dumbo stadium.

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

But, I was so frustrated with the crappy officiating in this game. I know the refs are human and things get missed. But there were a bad calls each way and a lot of blown calls that should have been made.

Yes, once again, (I watched most of last weeks queens game), the officiating was one sided and miserable. A Packer runner was tacked 5 yards out of bounds and nothing was called. Allen or the person on the right end side of the line was jumping the snap count all night and it was only called once when it was too flagrant to not call. One time was on first and goal from the 5 and that is the series of the goal line stand. The eventual safety was totally missed and that was NOT a fumble as the ground cannot cause a fumble and Rodgers was already down. Had the Pack scored on the goal line stand series, it would have been a much more interesting game. That being said, the Packers need to get an O-line that can pass block and also a pass rush, Farce had all night to throw. The defensive line played better than I expected in stopping the run. The queens D-line looked pretty good, but the rest of the D gave up some big plays and a team like the Colts or Giants is going to carve them up.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Quote:

All I can say is:

“Thank you Ted Thompson for screwing up my Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.”

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

All I can say is:

Favre showed what he is, still one of the best QB’s in the league. If you queen fans are not happy with that—-nothing in this God given world will ever make you happy.

Don’t get me wrong, Favre played well last night. But I could use without the Farve is the best every word from the annoucers mouth. Yeah, he is good, and makes the Vikes significantly better, but let it go once in a while. I wanted to shut the sound off and watch the game. Favre is a good qb, but he has the ability to make the rest of the players better, I just don’t need to know every stat about a QB who played a team they used to play for, a cut to his wife every 30 seconds, what he ate for dinner, how large of a turd he took before the game, what his car looks like, and how many turns he took on the way to the stadium.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

The queens D-line looked pretty good, but the rest of the D gave up some big plays and a team like the Colts or Giants is going to carve them up.

You Packer Whackers keep throwing out these negative predictions out there in the hopes one will stick so you can see, “I told you”? So far not one thing I have read on these boards have come to fruition.

I know Wisconsin is known for cheese, but do they make w(h)ine from sour grape farms too?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

What I took away from last night.
    1. Favre had some serious zip on the ball that he hadn’t the 1st 3 weeks. Our receivers did a good job of hauling in some zingers.
    2. Aaron Rodgers is a stud. He was definitely the right QB for GB. He appears to have a bright future in the NFL. Now just get him an O line!!

What I took away was 19 Fantasy points (And a win!) from Rodgers and my Vikings got a “W” and played a great game!

Talk about the best of both worlds!!

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

What a great game! Allen is a complete beast! 4-0 is feeling pretty good today.

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

So far not one thing I have read on these boards have come to fruition.

So far they have not played a really good team and it took a miracle play to get them by the 49ers. Have not heard anyone defending the officiating yet. The Packers will not be a really good team until they can protect the QB (we are the most sacked team in the NFL). Cincy sacked Rodgers 6 times in GB. We also need a pass rush so the QB does not have all day to find an open receiver. There are also way too many balls being dropped by the receivers in this and prior games. The game went about as I expected and Farce got another record for his ego.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

So far not one thing I have read on these boards have come to fruition.

So far they have not played a really good team and it took a miracle play to get them by the 49ers. Have not heard anyone defending the officiating yet.

None of the predictions included a ‘good team’ caveat. I agree about the 49ers game, but this was a different team that continues to get better and last night was proof.

If they can’t win despite officiating, that is their problem. But what calls exactly are they going to dispute, calls that cost them the game? Was it the interference where Woodson turned the receiver by his hips by wrapping him before the ball got there?

Quote:

The game went about as I expected and Farce got another record for his ego.

You prefer Concord, Catawba or Niagara?

smacphail

All I can say is that Brett Favre is now my hero. I love to see people do what others say can’t be done “at your age” – forget about age, look at Lance Armstrong and Dara Torres. I’m also getting better and better every day in every way, long live Brett Favre!

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

This is worth watching. Favre is the man.

Game Recap

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

All I can say is:

When are you “clingers” going to let go of the past? If that is all you took from that game last night, you probably have a kid named “Brent”. If you didn’t see that Rodgers is going to be a pretty decent QB, in spite of the p***-poor offensive line, then there’s not a bit of hope for you. You might just as well go over to the “dark side” where “Brent” went.

Thompson and McCarthy had the kahones’ to make a decision not to be held up by a waffler. Right now, to some people, it looks like it was a mistake. Just wait a while and see where the Vikings are at when “Brent” decides to hang it up…….. AGAIN!!!! Then it will be the TJ and Sage show. Isn’t that something to look forward to!!!!!
    Oh yeah, I think they’ve also got John David Booty sitting on their practice squad gaining all that important experience while “Brent” and the crew chase the “brass ring” that will forever elude the Vikings. There’s always gotta be a second place finisher, and it fits no other team better than the Vikes

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.