Vikings/Packers

• igotone

Quote:

I highly doubt it will be 42-9 but I do see bart throwing 23 pics in this game. Bart will be 2 of 46 for three yards with 23 pics.

Yes number 4 will Increase two of his personal records:
    Most starts
    Most Interceptions

Do not know score but here is there record after 4 games: 3-1

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I understand the Gophers are not brought up too much, I suppose on the account their program stinks, but what a weekend for MN-WI sports!

I say Badger win in a shoot-out (how long before the couple Gopher fans start complaining about the cold, rainy weather )

Unfortunately I have a feeling the Queens will win this one on the back of AP (good for my fantasy team ), not the old man.

So typical of a cheesehead. The title of the thread is Vikings/Packers. What’s the first thing he talks about – the Gophers. Why???

Anyway, as usual, it will probably be a close one. I am hoping for a blowout, however. Maybe we will see one. Remember that October Monday night many years ago when the world was introduced to Randy Moss? Maybe it’s Percy’s turn. Oh, that would be sweet to see Brett hit him for 3 TD’s and 150+ yards. A guy can hope, right? I’ll say Vikes 30 and the other team 24.

SKOL!

Actually as a football fan I was pointing out that it is a big weekend for MN-WI football games. Most people from WI support both the Pack and the Badgers. I forget sometimes that there are not many Gopher fans unless they are doing really well. Must be that fair weather fan thing…

Sorry if I offended anyone of those Viking only fans by hijacking the thread.

big_g
    Isle, MN

BTW…. the stinking football program of the Gophers… has 7 National Championships….. The Wisconsin program has 1…..

big G

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

I can’t take credit for this, but I thought it would work well in this thread. Skol Vikes!!

dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

There’s a football game this weekend? Sunday is supposed to be the best day, weather wise, this weekend! I’ll either be in a treestand or in the boat during the game! Isn’t this an outdoorsman site? What’s more important to you guys, you can’t catch anything from the couch or a barstool for that matter…

Pack 20
    Vikes17

It’ll be a tight game but, in contrast to what everyone else is saying, I think the defenses will take over this game entirely. Rogers and Farve will both get slammed to the concrete in the baggie and the NFC defensive player of the month, Charles Woodson, will decide the game on a Brent Who interception.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

There’s a football game this weekend? Sunday is supposed to be the best day, weather wise, this weekend! I’ll either be in a treestand or in the boat during the game! ? What’s more important to you guys, you can’t catch anything from the couch or a barstool for that matter…

Pack 20
    Vikes17

It’ll be a tight game but, in contrast to what everyone else is saying, I think the defenses will take over this game entirely. Rogers and Farve will both get slammed to the concrete in the baggie and the NFC defensive player of the month, Charles Woodson, will decide the game on a Brent Who interception.

Ummmmmm… this is “general discusion”. So that means there are many different subjects posted. Just a reminder, the Packer/Viking game is MONDAY night, not Sunday. and you’re a Packer fan?

big_g
    Isle, MN

nice…..

big G

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Hey G,
    Here is a question for you. If the Rodents have 7 National Championships, why do they only list 6 of them on their website (1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960)? Which one is missing from the site? Your kind of sounding like a Packer fan now (bragging about all the Championships we won back in the 60’s) .

Gopher National Champions

Sorry, I forgot this a a Packer/Viking post.

Go PACKERS

big_g
    Isle, MN

I know..I know… I disclaimed, I may sound like a cheesehead…but… it looks like they are omitting 1902….

big G

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Isn’t the statute of limitations – 100 years? That would explain why the omitted it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

School Championships
    Princeton 28
    Yale 27
    Michigan 22
    Notre Dame 21
    Oklahoma 17
    USC 17
    Alabama 16
    Ohio State 13
    Harvard 12
    Nebraska 11
    Pittsburgh 11
    Miami 9
    Texas 9
    Florida State 7
    LSU 7
    Minnesota 7
    Penn State 7
    Tennessee 7
    Georgia Tech 6
    Michigan State 6
    Pennsylvania 6
    Army 5
    Florida 5
    Georgia 5
    California 5
    Cornell 5
    Illinois 5
    Auburn 4
    Iowa 4
    Washington 4
    Lafayette 3
    Mississippi 3
    SMU 3
    Texas A&M 3
    Arkansas 2
    Arizona State 2
    Chicago 2
    Maryland 2
    Missouri 2
    Stanford 2
    TCU 2
    BYU 1
    Centre 1
    Clemson 1
    Colgate 1
    Colorado 1
    Columbia 1
    Dartmouth 1
    Detroit 1
    Kentucky 1
    Navy 1
    Purdue 1
    Rutgers 1
    Syracuse 1
    UCLA 1
    Utah 1
    Wisconsin 1
    W&J 1

This list is also out there on NCAA Nat’l Champs…. lists 7 ??

big G

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Personally I will have to take the Vikes 25-24 but will only catch the end on the radio.

As for the Twinkies, Gophers/Badgers don’t really care when there fish to be had, but ya know, a Badger can always whip a Gopher.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Far as I am concerned Green Bay lost this one last year (the fans that is), THANK MCCARTHY!!! AHOLE!

Vikes 154 Packers 3.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Hey Bareback,
    I think you need to come back on the right side of the river dude. Speaking for myself and most every Packer fan I know, we didn’t quit being Packer fans when Brent decided to retire. As for McCarthy or Thompson.. time will tell whether they made the correct decisions. They made the same decision this Packer fan would have made.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

They made the same decision this Packer fan would have made.

Yet you(packer fans) have all this hatred and obvious wish for him to get hurt. I’m confused?

big_g
    Isle, MN

We covet…. that which we can’t have….

big G

chomps
    Sioux City IA

The Pack 20 Brent and the queens 17, Brent as usual, has the last chance to win or tie, tries to thread a pass where he shouldn’t and gets picked off. I hope he doesn’t get hurt, but everytime he peels himself off of the carpet makes me cringe.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Quote:

They made the same decision this Packer fan would have made.

Yet you(packer fans) have all this hatred and obvious wish for him to get hurt. I’m confused?

That is the thing Kooty. I think it is just a few delusional fans that speak out who think the Pack would have won it all last year with Favre. Most people I talk to say, sure if Favre wouldn’t have “retired” in the first place, it would be fine if he was still the QB. But he left, and the Packers moved on. I don’t have any hatred for Favre and certainly don’t hope for him to get hurt (although I do think he will or just tire out). I think his true self has come out in the last couple year and he is not the good ‘ole boy everybody thinks and that is why a lot of people don’t like him so much (I’ve heard him compared to T.O. on more than one occasion, and not just by Packer fans).

The simple question is who would you rather have, Rodgers or Favre, as in would the Vikings trade Favre for Rodgers? I bet they would. It’s not like the Favre is playing at the highest level of his career and the Pack have Brady Quinn playing QB. They are both playing well. Now of course I hope Favre has the worst game of his career on Monday, but I assume he will just be handing the ball off.

I think most “intelligent” Packer fans (if there is such a thing ) see that we had one of the greatest QBs and now we have the potential of having another star QB. That is better than hanging on to Favre for a year or two (with the potential of him playing like he did for the few year prior to his “comeback season”) and then be searching for a decent QB for the next decade. How many organizations have been able to pull off having back-to-back great QBs (yes, I know it is a long ways to go with Rodgers)? I would think Packer fans would fell good about that instead of crying about Favre and blaming TT for finally not allowing the organization to be held hostage? Again, there is that intelligence factor.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Kooty,
    Let me put it this way. If you had an ex-wife that decided to hook up with the person you disliked the most in this world, would you want to see her have a good time in the sack with him? Or would you want to see her smack her head on the headboard so hard it knocked her into the middle next week? Still confused?

It’s probably a good thing most Packer fans aren’t like me.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’d take Rodgers in a heartbeat, no doubt. The vikings don’t have a QB plan past this year. God help us just to get through this year. Last week was scary for me. 47 pass attempts?? Way, way too many. The O line is not playing well in my opinion. The likelyhood of a purple #4 staying healthy all season doesn’t look good.

Bzz, that’s a great analogy. I thought you guys hated the Bears the worst though? Who really is the the Packers #1 rival in the norris??

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I like Bzz’s explanation better than mine.

jldii

I agree, the O line hasn’t been to solid this year, but that said, we are playing Green Bay, and this team always rises up a notch or two when we play them.

I think Brett and the passing game are still in a developing mode. Week 1 all short ball control passes. Week 2, much of the same, but with a few more down field. Last week, a lot more passing, and more deeper passes, but still none of the old “gunslinger” style passing Brett is known for. As a matter of fact, I was surprised that Brett didn’t take more of those deep “gunslinger” throws down field, because there were some opportunities for him to do so.

Maybe this week he and Chilly will open things up a little more.

Brett has beaten every team in the league during his carreer except Green Bay, and Monday will be the first time he’ll ever play them. If the Vikings do win, I’d have to think that would be a first in league history, a QB that beat every single team in the league at least once.

My biggest fear, after playing for 16 years in Green and Gold, he might forget that he’s now wearing Purple!!

Vikings win 27 – 24. Longwell kicks winner in OT.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Kooty,
    Let me put it this way. If you had an ex-wife that decided to hook up with the person you disliked the most in this world, would you want to see her have a good time in the sack with him? Or would you want to see her smack her head on the headboard so hard it knocked her into the middle next week? Still confused?

It’s probably a good thing most Packer fans aren’t like me.

Soooooo… you were sleeping with Favre ????

big G

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Ummm… No G. It was an analogy. I’m actually happily married (most of the time). And haven’t been divorced. I can see how you might have thought I was actually married to Brent before though. But if I had been, I would get half of the 12 millions the queens are paying him this year.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Oh I see…. Can’t think of any other man (athlete or not) that I would compare to my relationship with my wife(not divorced either)… that’s just me

big G

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Look what is on sale! Guess they are having a tough time moving some inventory!

now on clearance

kooty
    Keymaster

What is ironic. #4’s jersey sales are higher than anyone else since Sept 1. What is even more surprising, they are still selling lots of Packer and Jets #4s.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

Hey wait a minute here….not ALL packer fans are like this.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

What is ironic. #4’s jersey sales are higher than anyone else since Sept 1. What is even more surprising, they are still selling lots of Packer and Jets #4s.

Even with his best years behind him, he’s still one of the best to ever play the game!

No matter what color he’s wearing.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.