Vikings/Packers

• sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

I know it’s only Thursday, but it’s time to get some trash talking going for the big game Monday night. Peterson is going to run wild on Packers defense for 155 yards and 2 TD’s. Favre will only need to “manage” the game. The Purple defense will be all over Rodgers. Look for Allen to have a huge night with 3 sacks.

Vikings-31
    Packers-13

Skol

P.S. Here’s a little tribute to good old Brett in Purple.

Favre Song

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Deano,
    Nope, here’s the way she goes. hard fought battle (like they always are) Vikes up by two and driving towards the end of the game. Bart tries to throw one of those “thread the needle” type passes with about 3 minutes remaining.
    Pack calmly drives to Vikes 25 with 17 seconds left and drill a field goal to win 21-20.
    It’s ALWAYS comes down to a kick with these two teams.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Quote:

Deano,
    Nope, here’s the way she goes. hard fought battle (like they always are) Vikes up by two and driving towards the end of the game. Bart tries to throw one of those “thread the needle” type passes with about 3 minutes remaining.
    Pack calmly drives to Vikes 25 with 17 seconds left and drill a field goal to win 21-20.
    It’s ALWAYS comes down to a kick with these two teams.

So the Pack will make 7 field goals to get their 21? Unlikely.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

1 TD plus extra point
    1 TD with 2 pt conversion
    2 FG’s

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I understand the Gophers are not brought up too much, I suppose on the account their program stinks, but what a weekend for MN-WI sports!

I say Badger win in a shoot-out (how long before the couple Gopher fans start complaining about the cold, rainy weather )

Unfortunately I have a feeling the Queens will win this one on the back of AP (good for my fantasy team ), not the old man.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I liked Leroy Butler’s take on the upcoming game on what the Packers need to do offensively.

Quote:

Q. Looking at it from an offensive standpoint, who do you attack on Minnesota’s defense? They’ve got a great run defense with Pat and Kevin Williams in the middle and a great pass rusher with Jared Allen. Is there a weakness the Packers can exploit?

A. Play action and attack both safeties deep. Play action and attack both corners with deep comebacks, a 25-yard comeback where the receiver catches it at 18. Play action slows down the pass rush. The shovel pass against Jared Allen, draw plays at Jared Allen, stretch plays at Jared Allen. All the runs should be going directly at him. He’s an undersized guy. The Packers have bigger guys, they have to make him play the run. That will slow down the pass rush. Play action, play action, play action will give you the time you need to exploit both safeties. You’d like to think that Ryan Grant would get the ball 25 times this week. But just because you’d like to do that, doesn’t mean you have to. I think they should go in there and make it a shootout. Go in there and say, ‘I’m going to be aggressive. My receivers are better than yours, I can outscore you and we’ll get more stops then you.’ Try to win it, 35-34. The Packers’ overall talent is better. Make it a shootout because you’re not going to win the running back battle. Don’t even try it. Adrian Peterson is No. 1 on the board. If both teams go to the running game, they’re going to win that battle. The way to win is through the air.

As poor as both offensive lines have done protecting the QB, I’d be surprised if both Rogers and Farve are still playing at the end of the game.

The Packers need to get up early to take the crowd out of the game. Otherwise, it may be a long night.

Packers 34
    Vikings 21

We’ll even give AP three TDs.

sink-her
    Kasson MN

LOOK out for allen, all day running wild, favre throwing for two 300 plus yard games vikes 42 packers 9

whittsend

Quote:

vikes 42 packers 9

42 to 9… LOL. That brings to mind those old SNL skits with Farley the gang. DA BEARS… Bears 48, Giants negative 2. —Oh really a negative number?? — yes, I tink dey can do it.

or… Da giants vs 11 mini ditkas….

or… Rick Mears vs Ditka in a bus.

Man those were great skits!

But seriously, Packers 124, Vikings negative 12.

Ok, for real this time. Could be a close one, or a blow out either direction. I’ll flake out on this one admittedly. Guess I’ll go with Pack 24, Vikings 17. It pains me to say it, but a Viking win is certainly not out of the realm of possibility on this one. (Ouch, that hurt!!)

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I want to know what happened to the super bowl bound Packers?? After week 1, all the “experts” have not mentioned GB since they barely snuck by the bears.

It’s gonna be a great game I’m sure. I hope we can put Rodgers on his as much as possible. Our D line needs to step up and get pressure with the front 4 so EJ can take Grant out of the equation. As for the O, well, keep letting AP punish Harris is all I can hope for. Control the ball and time of possession. Our special teams really need to step up this week. I’m sick of them giving up points every week.

Skol Vikings!!!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

The vikes will leave the field at halftime and go on a buck neked booty cruise on Tonka…

I think it will be a great game, the winner of which may still not win the North.

Hats off to Gopher who built a brand new outside actual normal stadium. Welcome to the Big Ten. Maybe with decent fans and an atmosphere, they can come back to what they used to be back in the 40s.

complex12
    Madison Wi

All I know is I’m looking forward to the gigantic batch of jambalaya I’m going to bring to the bar with me.

whittsend

Quote:

All I know is I’m looking forward to the gigantic batch of jambalaya I’m going to bring to the bar with me.

Ahhhhhh, the true reason behind football games… Eating and drinking!!!

I am definately looking forward to the taco dip, homebrew and homewine that will be flowing freely.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’ll be sitting in a bar in NE with a bunch of Husker fans. Do they even know what pro football is??

liljac
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

I understand the Gophers are not brought up too much, I suppose on the account their program stinks, but what a weekend for MN-WI sports!

Hey now were 3-1 have a little faith!! At least they don’t make it to the playoffs and blow it every year like a pro team I know…

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Tied 6-6 at halftime, the Vikes blow this one open in the 2nd half on the back of Brett Favre, #4. Defense gets in on the fun, scores, Pack adds a late score,
    27-14 V-I-K-I-N-G-S!

Gophers unfortunately will do the opposite and get overpowered in the 2nd half and lose 35-21. But it will be OUTSIDE!!!

Eric

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

No prediction but I will have my TV on and my radio tuned to the Queens station so I can listen to Paul Allen whine for the entire game. Maybe that is a prediction!!!

whittsend

Quote:

No prediction but I will have my TV on and my radio tuned to the Queens station so I can listen to Paul Allen whine for the entire game. Maybe that is a prediction!!!

Might be more of a statement of FACT…

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Quote:

I say Badger win in a shoot-out (how long before the couple Gopher fans start complaining about the cold, rainy weather )

Unfortunately I have a feeling the Queens will win this one on the back of AP (good for my fantasy team ), not the old man.

So typical of a cheesehead. The title of the thread is Vikings/Packers. What’s the first thing he talks about – the Gophers. Why???

Anyway, as usual, it will probably be a close one. I am hoping for a blowout, however. Maybe we will see one. Remember that October Monday night many years ago when the world was introduced to Randy Moss? Maybe it’s Percy’s turn. Oh, that would be sweet to see Brett hit him for 3 TD’s and 150+ yards. A guy can hope, right? I’ll say Vikes 30 and the other team 24.

SKOL!

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Remember that October Monday night many years ago when the world was introduced to Randy Moss? Maybe it’s Percy’s turn. Oh, that would be sweet to see Brett hit him for 3 TD’s and 150+ yards. A guy can hope, right? I’ll say Vikes 30 and the other team 24.

SKOL!

And so started that long string of SuperBowl wins…..

whittsend

Quote:

Quote:

Remember that October Monday night many years ago when the world was introduced to Randy Moss? Maybe it’s Percy’s turn. Oh, that would be sweet to see Brett hit him for 3 TD’s and 150+ yards. A guy can hope, right? I’ll say Vikes 30 and the other team 24.

SKOL!

And so started that long string of SuperBowl wins…..

People say LOL a lot on the internet, but that one actually DID make me LOL!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I’ll bet a Purpleedescent Tail Dancer the Vikes take this one. Anyone what some of this action

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Sounds like a guy that listens to alot of Vikings games, on the radio ??? Closet fan ???

I sure as he77 can’t tell you who announces cheesey games on the radio ????

big G

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I’m looking forward to a good ‘ol fasshion Norris Division, tooth chippin’, bone breaking rivalry game like always! I really believe it will be a game of “Breaks” and whomever gets them will win. This is a very dangerous game for the Vikes as they will be trying to hold off the Pack at home…and the Pack can pin their ears back and come after the Vikes. All I know is that we are going to be doing home made tacos with my whole family there!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Trying not to sound too much like a bitter cheesehead , but how many Nat’l Championships has Wisc won ??? How many has MN won ??? I await your answer…. Let’s see if you know what your talking about…???

big G

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Vikings win by nine, you pick the score. Rodgers may well be out hurt by the end of the game but there is no way Favre will be, not in front of his old team. He’ll play with his a$$ in a handbasket and ankles held under his armpits if he needs to, but he’ll play the whole game unless they are so far ahead.

Neither team has shown they can protect the QB and the Vikes D has only mildly shown a reflection of themselves last year. I do see the possibility of the Vikings offense stepping up big time after Favre played all out last weekend. Any questions about his intentions are gone. Not being at training camp, gone. If the Vikes come together like they can it won’t be close. Packers D is highly over rated. While I’d like to see AP get 175 yards on the ground I’d rather see Favre pick on Harris and burn him for 3 TD’s. Harris is beyond over, exerting more energy shaking his hands to simulate “no catch” or “out of bounds” than he does covering anymore.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like a guy that listens to alot of Vikings games, on the radio ??? Closet fan ???

I sure as he77 can’t tell you who announces cheesey games on the radio ????

big G

You know the old addage…..Who’s your favorite team?? PACKERS!!!!! Next favorite…..Anyone playing the Queens….

I’m confident enough in my “fan-hood” to admit I listen to “Queen” games. When I work on Sundays, after the Pack is done, I will listen just to hear the “Purple Whine”

kooty
    Keymaster

Why??? That makes no sense. PA is the biggest rube of us all. And most of us can’t stand him. I’m confused why any packer fan would listen to him… No, I have no idea who his equivalent is in GB.

Can’t wait for Monday night!!

buck-slayer

My prediction and wish is that Brent is sacked and unable to continue the game and is listed as out for next week and his string of starts is done. And if the Vikings win after that good for them.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Nah, here’s how it’ll go: by halftime, I’m pretty sure we’ll be 5 or 6 pitchers deep, plus about 4 dozen chicken wings. Then, we’ll hit $1 beers elsewhere, and someone will tell me the next day how the game went. I’m lookin forward to it!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Quote:

I know it’s only Thursday, but it’s time to get some trash talking going for the big game Monday night. Peterson is going to run wild on Packers defense for 155 yards and 2 TD’s. Favre will only need to “manage” the game. The Purple defense will be all over Rodgers. Look for Allen to have a huge night with 3 sacks.

Vikings-31
    Packers-13

Skol

P.S. Here’s a little tribute to good old Brett in Purple.

Favre Song

Best-post-ever!

Been looking forward to this game for a while.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.