Camry Tire input

• Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Hi,

I am looking for good all season tires for my 2008 car. The original tires Bridgestone Turanza EL400’s have been dubbed the Turanza Turds to be generous…

The have virtually no snow traction, and have hydroplaned in rain since day one. With only 28000 miles on them it is time to go as I can tell they are staring to go bald also.

I have been looking for awhile now and see I am not alone with my situation.

I have been looking very hard at the Yokohama AS 530’s or Avid’s. Does anyone have any recent experience with Yokohama ? I had a set on a car about 10 years ago and they were very good.

Any input from other Camry owners would be appreciated…

Pal

adam dungan
    Two Harbors

I put Toyo Versados on my wifes Taurus about 3 months ago and they have been awesome. They are very quiet and I have hit 1-2 inches of standing water at 60 mph and the car continued to track straight. Although I have not ran them in the winter yet I purchased them on the good word of my father that they worked great on his Grand Prix last winter. The Versado for my size came with a 60,000 mile warranty and they were reasonably priced right around hundred bucks a tire.

maddog
    Park Rapids Mn.

starting oct 1st toyota dealers are offering buy three tires get one free. They were cheapest on quotes tires pluss and goodyear were the highest. just my 2 cents.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Very interesting!
    The S.O. has a 2009 Camry. I’ll check out what tires she has and get back to you this afternoon. She has about 12k miles on hers.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

IF made in the US, I believe Bridgestone Turanza’s, if made in Japan, a michelin tire Energy I think are your original tires. My car was made in the US but I have heard and read about issues for both that they will not last long. I had Michelin engery on my old crappy passet that my camry replaced, never again.

I need something with traction in some snow, and when it rains.

Pal

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

WE have never had these tires on a Camry, but they have performed very well on a number of our cars. Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred. They are not the quietest tire on the road, but handling I give them a two thumbs up! We have had them on a Jetta, Civic, and Odyssey.

Thanks,

FDR

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I really like Yokahama Avid tourings. I’ve had really good snow and wet traction and they are rated for 60 or 65,000 miles. They are also one of the lower priced tires. I’ve had them on a Park Ave., Cadillac, and now just ordered a set for the mini van. I bought the ones for my van last week and they were $72 a tire with a $40 mail in rebate.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I put Goodyear Assurance TripleTreads on my wife’s Subaru Legacy…”Tremendous” tires. They are quiet, fabulous on ice and snow, and shed water like ducks. I’ll definitely buy another set of these when needed although they are wearing great. We too, had Bridgestones on this vehicle from the factory, and at about 24000 miles they started blowing out on the inner sidewalls!! Here is a picture of the tread design on the Goodyears we now have.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Here is my imput on this.
    I work for a car rental company this past winter we had about a dozen Camry’s sitting on the lot most of the winter because the traction was so bad we couldn’t get them out of the lot. All these Camry’s had Toyo tires on them I don’t know which model Toyo’s. The rest of the Camry’s had either Bridgestone’s or Michelin’s on them they didn’t have any traction problems. I would stay away from Toyo’s.
    Doug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.