And you think YOU had a bad day….

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I would be in tears too…

With 162m….I could buy Lowrance Electronic…or a good portion of it.
    Wage a major battle with PETA
    or
    buy Stillakid a helmet so he would go fishing with me more often
    and buy the Professor enough beer to do his research for at least a couple more years and hook Rivereyes up with a lens that you would need a new H2 to hold it up and lastly….buy guided trips with H20 …three nights before, during and three days after the full moon for each summer for the next year or two….

Yup…I would be crying too….

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

You’d buy me a helmet??? Well……….I don’t know what to say ‘cept………….where should I be delivering that lotto ticket??

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Let the court filings begin! ORDER, ORDER IN THE COURT!!!

Steve

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup. Looks to be getting a bit letigious and soon. Not sure how the woman that lost the ticket could ever substantiate she was the original owner though. Unless the convenience store has her on camera buying a lottery ticket at the time the ticket was supposedly sold.

Anyway… regardless of how it turns out, I hope the lawyers leave something for whoever ends up getting to claim the prize…. lol

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If anything, that lady’s fingerprints could be on the paper. That may justify her claim.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well, yes, that is true.

Not to sound criminally minded here BUT if I was intent on disputing her claim after finding the ticket… I would have certainly “erased” any chance her prints might be found on that ticket.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Bluefleck’s article stated tha tthe ticket ownership is treated as if the ticket was a “bearer note.” I did a little digging on the internet, took about 45 seconds to find some good resources, and from what I could find, if you don’t hold that ticket in hand, you’re screwed. Ownership is based solely on possession and ownership claims to the contrary are not recognized. Intersting…

But enough of this. I think a couple hundred bucks is a lot of money!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

With $162 million on the line, I am sure lawyers are lining up around the block for this one. I say split the money 50/50 and be done with it. $81 million after taxes is probably somewhere short of $40 million. How hard would that be to take. I feel like king for a day if I find $5 in my wallet.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

I feel like king for a day if I find $5 in my wallet.

When we fish on the 31st…..(are we still fishing on the 31st?)…………I’ll bring ya a $5 spot and let ya “wear it” for a day! Who knows……………if it fits ya good…………I might even let ya keep it!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I loved her comment on what to do with the other person claiming to have bought the ticket. “Let the authorities deal with that.”

Steve

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

And the lawyers get? Drumroll please….

NOTHING!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

And the lawyers get? Drumroll please….

NOTHING!

Makes this the feel-good story of the year! At least so far…

Steve

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I think this is exactly why the Minnesota Lottery Office does NOT announce where a winning ticket is sold. They leave that up to the winner to disclose after they cash it in!

J.

2Fishy4U

Apparently the woman who claims she lost the ticket is a convicted felon, who while making her claim did not even use her real name. Her past includes check kiting, credit card scams, etc.

I suspect the claim will be short-lived.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I think there is a nation wide legal law that states anyone who finds cash or funds is legally entitled to 10% of the value at present market rates, if returned or found to hold the money or valueable by police. At this rate she would be entitled to 16.2 million as a finders fee if the rest was returned to the woman who bought the ticket. I’d settle for the 16.2 million and give the rest back.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Well it would certainly be fun to watch them charge this lady with making a false police report. I just hope my 15 minutes of fame don’t land me in the clink!
    Steve

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

And to think I actually felt bad for this woman and her family.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Yeah………..I’d like to her tell that we all want some things pretty badly to but it’s no excuse for such deceit. She must really think she’s desperate…………most thieves do.

She said, “Everybody has a past”…………she should’ve left it as such. Now she has a rekindled past right in the heart of her present AND future.

“Sorry” just changed to pity……….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.