Mercury Marine revote YES!!!!!

• dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Mercury Marine revoted this time Yes

Doug

LINK

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Wasn’t that the idea? keep revoting until they get “YES”.
    Unions are a joke.

I wish we could have revoted a few times last November

Dog

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Wasn’t that the idea? keep revoting until they get “YES”.
    Unions are a joke.

I wish we could have revoted a few times last November

Dog

This is funny!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I thought I read it doesnt matter? Company is gone based on first vote.

jhalfen

Quote:

I thought I read it doesnt matter? Company is gone based on first vote.

Nope. Now, everything stays in WI, and some Oklahoma jobs will also move up this way.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Story

Some key quotes from the story are in the first and last paragraphs below:

“After weeks of intense discussions and completion of the voting process, we accept the union’s ratification of our contract proposal,” said Mark Schwabero, president of Mercury Marine. “As we’ve stated throughout this important process, comprehensive changes to wages, benefits and operational flexibility are necessary for Mercury to effectively compete in a smaller and fundamentally changed marketplace.”

It’s a huge sacrifice for the union membership, said Russell Krings, International Association of Machinists District 10 business representative.

“It should not be taken lightly, and we fully expect the company to honor its commitments,” Krings said.

As a result of the vote, Mercury will keep its manufacturing in Fond du Lac and will move additional work to the plant from Stillwater, where Mercury employs about 380 people. Over time, the additional work could result in hundreds of more jobs in Fond du Lac – at Stillwater’s expense.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

In addition:
    In addition, Wisconsin offered an increased incentive package to Mercury if the company keeps jobs in Fond du Lac, funded by a 0.5% tax levy

Mercury was probably just playing both sides for the better deal and the Wis facility won.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.