Blades and Beads

Jason Vaske

Dennis Hayes

Justin Pettera

Randall Graves

William Odar

Tyler Theuner

Heres where we are at so far!

I am going to see if a moderator can delete this post wednesday morning at around 8am and then i will draw for a winner. PM me if you sent a check and your name is not on the list so i can include you in the drawing!

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

Lee Knight
    Wade Briner
    Bobberstop Tackle Shop
    Mary Truman
    Ben Newman
    Gary Speicher
    Jason Pitts
    Kirk Klund
    Derek Pronga
    Roy Meyer
    Blades and Beads
    Jason Vaske
    Dennis Hayes
    Justin Pettera
    Randall Graves
    William Odar
    Tyler Theuner

Heres where we are at so far!
    I am going to see if a moderator can delete this post wednesday morning at around 8am and then i will draw for a winner. PM me if you sent a check and your name is not on the list so i can include you in the drawing!

check your email. Check sent

dave53
    Altoona, WI

My son and I are in. Check sent

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

PM sent

Ed

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

pm sent , stan miller

kylem86

Getting ready to end this guys! I can say it has been a GREAT turn out and i am so excited to draw a lucky winner! I gotta say im even more excited to send this money to MADDS.

kylem86

Here is what we have so far.

Lee Knight

Wade Briner

Bobberstop Tackle Shop

Mary Truman

Ben Newman

Gary Speicher

Jason Pitts

Kirk Klund

Derek Pronga

Roy Meyer

Blades and Beads

Jason Vaske

Dennis Hayes

Justin Pettera

Randall Graves

William Odar

Tyler Theuner

Guadalupe Jensen

Lorri & Trent Wolter

Stanley Miller

Ted

Dave Vollmer

I have not recieved a check from some people so if someone is drawn i will wait if i dont have a check from them. If i dont get one then i will redraw.

Thanks guys for a really nice turn out. Madds mom PM’ed me yesterday and she took a turn for the worse, she wont be able to go to seaworld. Make a wish did turn her hospital room into seaworld, i seen pics and there is wall meruals up with whales and dolphins its really nice.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

pm sent

mstrumar

I just pulled this off of Maddesons Care page: I couldn’t resist sharing as it tears my heart in 2 imagining what this family is going through.

An AMAZING day
    Posted 21 hours ago
    Tuesday, Aug 18 2009 – Maddeson had a great day today! They now have her pain under control and she is comfortable. She sat in the wheelchair and did a craft in the activity room and was awake for most of the afternoon.

Here’s my testimonial on how amazing the Make A Wish foundation, UI Childrens’ Hospital and Sea World are….since Maddeson won’t make it to Sea World, Sea World is coming to her! Our hospital social worker coordinated this wish for Maddeson and with the help of several others people today, Maddeson’s room is decorated in a Sea World theme. I’ve posted pictures in the photo gallery for you to see.
    But that’s not even the tip of the iceberg…..the head of Sea World is making Maddeson’s wish a priority for them in Orlando. In the morning, at 8:30 central time, Maddeson will be watching the Shamu show LIVE! Through unbelievable technology, Maddeson will be connected via satelittes and a camera (like a web cam, I guess…i’m so not a techie), and headphones and microphone, Maddeson will be communicating LIVE during the show with the dolphin/whale trainers. If I understand how this works, I believe she is getting her own private show and they will be talking back and forth with Maddeson during this show. We have a huge flatscreen tv in her room that she keeps asking about, but I just keep telling her it’s a surprise! She is going to be sooooooooo excited!

Not to rain on my own parade, but the bad news still exists, we were just able to put it in the back of our minds today and tomorrow. There is still nothing else that we can do for Maddeson and the chemo is not working. The tumors continue to grow. After Maddeson’s “trip” to Sea World tomorrow, we will be stopping the Amicar medication that helps with the clotting. After that, only God knows how long we have with her. Maddeson is at peace with her fate and is ready to go. She is tired of being in pain and lying in a hospital bed. Maddeson told me on 2 occassions “I want to go to Heaven.” She says she is not scared. As much as it feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest right now, I know that this is the best thing for her. She will never be able to leave this hospital and there is no hope for even getting her well enough to bring her home. The tumors are spreading like wildfire and any other chemo drugs that we could try would be like putting a drop of water on a forest fire. And because of the toxicity, she could only recieve chemo every 3 weeks and with no chance of it affecting the tumors, it’s unfair to put her thru all the days and weeks of this “life” that she has right now. Maddeson needs to go where she can run and play and be free from this evil beast called cancer.

Please continue to pray for Maddeson’s comfort and peace. Please keep praying for all our cancer friends and their families, especially Jenna. She was getting ready for a liver transplant in Omaha and the family has just found out that her cancer has spread to her lungs. Please say so many extra prayers for their family. We have come to love them like so many other families we have met through this journey.

kylem86

Here is what we have so far.

Lee Knight

Wade Briner

Bobberstop Tackle Shop

Mary Truman

Ben Newman

Gary Speicher

Jason Pitts

Kirk Klund

Derek Pronga

Roy Meyer

Blades and Beads

Jason Vaske

Dennis Hayes

Justin Pettera

Randall Graves

William Odar

Tyler Theuner

Guadalupe Jensen

Lorri & Trent Wolter

Stanley Miller

Ted

Dave Vollmer

Dre halverson

June Palahnink

kylem86

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Justin Pettera

Email me your Address and i will get the rod shipped out tomorrow.
    My email is [email protected]

Thanks to EVERYONE who contributed! I love this site and you guys are all AWESOME. I will wait until i have the checks that are supposed to be coming in and then the money will be off to MADDS. You guys that contributed make me very proud. Other people that also contributed money to this fund were:
    My Mom and Dad (John & Karen McGarry)
    My Brother (Mike McGarry)
    And of course myself.
    I did NOT include my family in the raffle for the rod cause it would look bad if i pulled one of their names out of the hat. They were aware of this i told them right up front, but they were fine with it, they know the money is going to someone who needs it.

Thanks again to everyone! Im sure Madds family will really appreciate everything you all here at IDO have done for them. Thanks Again!!!

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Congrats to Justin and thanks for your time and efforts Mr. Walleye for taking on all the work to make this little lady happy. If it wasn’t for your generosity, this would not have happened. Drew H.

mstrumar

Quote:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Justin Pettera

Email me your Address and i will get the rod shipped out tomorrow.
    My email is [email protected]

Thanks to EVERYONE who contributed! I love this site and you guys are all AWESOME. I will wait until i have the checks that are supposed to be coming in and then the money will be off to MADDS. You guys that contributed make me very proud. Other people that also contributed money to this fund were:
    My Mom and Dad (John & Karen McGarry)
    My Brother (Mike McGarry)
    And of course myself.
    I did NOT include my family in the raffle for the rod cause it would look bad if i pulled one of their names out of the hat. They were aware of this i told them right up front, but they were fine with it, they know the money is going to someone who needs it.

Thanks again to everyone! Im sure Madds family will really appreciate everything you all here at IDO have done for them. Thanks Again!!!

WTG Congrats!!!!!

benihana
    Central MN

Congrats!! And a huge WTG Mr.Walleye- Thank you for doing this, I am glad you got the great response from others as youdid.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’ll second that. Great job.

I can’t wait to hear how the Sea World experience goes. It is pretty amazing the stuff that the Make a Wish organization can pull off.

kylem86

Just an update here! Madds wont be able to go to sea world, she took a bad turn the other day. Make A Wish and the UNI childrens hospital brought seaworld to her though… I seen the pics of her hospital room and there is wall murals of dolphins and whales all over her room!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I just read the update on the Care Pages site. Sounds like they had a pretty amazing day watching the Sea World show from Madd’s room at the hospital. Here is what was posted. It’ll probably bring tears to your eyes.

Quote:

Hello Shamu and friends!
    Posted 10 hours ago
    Well, they did it!!! They made Maddeson’s wish a reality! It was soooooo amazing! Maddeson had her own private show from Shamu, Shamu’s baby and 2 other Orcas. It was so cool! At first she didn’t realize what was happening…she thought it was a video but then when we told her that they could see her and she could see them and then the Orca Trainer started talking to her and calling her by name she realized this was her own personal show! At Shamu stadium, there is this huge screen that hosts the word BELIEVE and also serves as a screen for those sitting in upper seats to see the show…well, on this huge screen it said:

MADDESON
    WE WISH YOU WERE HERE!

It was awesome! The trainer called Maddeson by name and directed the other trainers to “have the Orcas wave to Maddeson” and “Shamu, show Maddeson your teeth”…among other things. The whales did tricks and jumps and danced. After the whales were done performing, other animal trainers came out and talked to Maddeson and brought a few different animals for Maddeson to see…a Macaw, some big birds (can’t remember what they were called) and a sloth. The sloth was really cool! Maddeson liked the sloth. When you ask her what her favorite part of the show was, she says “I don’t have a favorite. It was all awesome.” I’m pretty sure though, that Shamu was her favorite…she has been talking about seeing this show since we made plans to get on that plane last Saturday. It felt great to see her smile. As soon as we signed off with Sea World Orlando, we immediately went to the activity room where she made Thank You’s for the Sea World crew, Make A Wish and our hospital staff that all made this happen. There were nurses, Dr. Tannous, child life, Dr. Jill, Grandma & Grandpa S., Kendall, Kory and I all in attendance to share in this amazing experience with Maddeson..needless to say, her room was full..full of people and full of love and joy for our little girl! It was such a great day! We are all exhausted tonight from all the excitement.
    I’m not closing with any sad news today! Only happiness and joy in savoring this beautiful day with Maddeson.

Always thankful for all of you who visit Maddeson’s carepage and offer prayers, love and support thru your messages. God bless each and every one of you! We couldn’t go thru this without the support from you!

Blessings,
    Maddeson, Amy, Kory and Kendall

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Could somebody please post a link to the care page?
    I can’t seem to find it..

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks Bzz! Hard/Great to read for a father.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Luke,
    Here is the link I’ve been using. You will probably have to register first. It only take a couple seconds to do though.

Madd’s Care Page

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.