please pray for my family

• HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

I am so sorry your family is going through this. Prayers are with you all.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Prayers sent- Let me know if you need anything bud-

big_head_basher

Prayers are sent from my family to yours. I have 2 buddies that waterski for Seaworld in San Antonio. Send me a PM if there is anything that I can do to help you and your family out. I’m sure they would love to meet you guys if this was your destination.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m so sorry to hear the news Kory. Where does one even begin to understand why? I will pray for little Maddesson, I will pray for you and I will pray your family. I’ve encountered some family members with cancer as well and came across this poem. I hope it gives you hope, strength and inner peace.

What Cancer Cannot Do
    Author: Unknown

Cancer is so limited…
    It cannot cripple love.
    It cannot shatter hope.
    It cannot corrode faith.
    It cannot eat away peace.
    It cannot destroy confidence.
    It cannot kill friendship.
    It cannot shut out memories.
    It cannot silence courage.
    It cannot reduce eternal life.
    It cannot quench the Spirit.

mickeydim468
    Oregon

Kory,

I am new to this forum, but my heart goes out to you and your family. I am sitting here in tears. You see, my daughter will be seven this December, and I can’t imaging losing this precious child. This kid out-fishes me every time we go out, and if I don’t take her, I can’t catch ANY fish. She calls herself “Daddy’s Lucky Charm”. And she is. I can only imagine what you are going through. My family and I will be praying for you daily. Miracles can happen! I believe this. Keep your faith!

I have a boat, but I live in Oregon. If you are near me I will let you use it as much as you and Maddy would like!

Mikey!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Kory,
    Our prayers are with you. It is so unfair when this happens to children. My heart aches for Maddy and for your family.

bts
    Centuria, Wi.

Prayers sent to your family from ours.

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

Prayers going out to you and your family.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Prayers sent.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

enjoy every second.
    I pray all of Madd’s dreams come true for her and your entire family!
    God bless her and your family.
    Jeff

chippee
    sw wi

prayers sent, tears cried, keep the faith

DaveI

Prayers for Maddeson.

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

prayers sent from my family as well!

mstrumar

I just pulled this off of Maddesons Care page: I couldn’t resist sharing as it tears my heart in 2 imagining what this family is going through.

An AMAZING day
    Posted 21 hours ago
    Tuesday, Aug 18 2009 – Maddeson had a great day today! They now have her pain under control and she is comfortable. She sat in the wheelchair and did a craft in the activity room and was awake for most of the afternoon.

Here’s my testimonial on how amazing the Make A Wish foundation, UI Childrens’ Hospital and Sea World are….since Maddeson won’t make it to Sea World, Sea World is coming to her! Our hospital social worker coordinated this wish for Maddeson and with the help of several others people today, Maddeson’s room is decorated in a Sea World theme. I’ve posted pictures in the photo gallery for you to see.
    But that’s not even the tip of the iceberg…..the head of Sea World is making Maddeson’s wish a priority for them in Orlando. In the morning, at 8:30 central time, Maddeson will be watching the Shamu show LIVE! Through unbelievable technology, Maddeson will be connected via satelittes and a camera (like a web cam, I guess…i’m so not a techie), and headphones and microphone, Maddeson will be communicating LIVE during the show with the dolphin/whale trainers. If I understand how this works, I believe she is getting her own private show and they will be talking back and forth with Maddeson during this show. We have a huge flatscreen tv in her room that she keeps asking about, but I just keep telling her it’s a surprise! She is going to be sooooooooo excited!

Not to rain on my own parade, but the bad news still exists, we were just able to put it in the back of our minds today and tomorrow. There is still nothing else that we can do for Maddeson and the chemo is not working. The tumors continue to grow. After Maddeson’s “trip” to Sea World tomorrow, we will be stopping the Amicar medication that helps with the clotting. After that, only God knows how long we have with her. Maddeson is at peace with her fate and is ready to go. She is tired of being in pain and lying in a hospital bed. Maddeson told me on 2 occassions “I want to go to Heaven.” She says she is not scared. As much as it feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest right now, I know that this is the best thing for her. She will never be able to leave this hospital and there is no hope for even getting her well enough to bring her home. The tumors are spreading like wildfire and any other chemo drugs that we could try would be like putting a drop of water on a forest fire. And because of the toxicity, she could only recieve chemo every 3 weeks and with no chance of it affecting the tumors, it’s unfair to put her thru all the days and weeks of this “life” that she has right now. Maddeson needs to go where she can run and play and be free from this evil beast called cancer.

Please continue to pray for Maddeson’s comfort and peace. Please keep praying for all our cancer friends and their families, especially Jenna. She was getting ready for a liver transplant in Omaha and the family has just found out that her cancer has spread to her lungs. Please say so many extra prayers for their family. We have come to love them like so many other families we have met through this journey.

bearhunter01
    Rosemount/Isle, MN

I just read all of the posts from the beginning to now. We are so sorry for what your daughter and you and your family are going through. We couldn’t image not for one second what you all might be thinking or feeling. We don’t even know you on a personal level, but after reading what you all are going through, I feel so close and yet so far away. I wish we could do something for you and your family. We live in Minnesota, but if there is anything that we can do, please don’t hesitate to write or call. I will send you my number. I remember when our youngest son was born, just two years ago. Our doctor said that he was in shock that’s why he wasn’t yelling (like a newborn does), I was later told it was because he wasn’t breathing. My husband could have lost us both that night. I had problems too, so it was a double for him. Well, we are here for you. We are sending out prayers to you and your family. You and the Family are in our hearts and our thoughts. Be strong.

Much Love,
    Marie, Jeff, Jakob, Jared, and Hunter Otis
    651-775-5119

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.