Thunderstruck

• eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I thought I read/saw somewhere that the original Thunderstick Jr, the style that was discontinued a while ago, is going to be produced/marketed again. Does anyone have any information on this? As this was one of my favorite cranks and my supply has dwindled, I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could steer me to a source! Thanks.
    Geronimo

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Rapala / Storm will be reintroducing the old lines and be bring back many of the old favorite colors. No need to find a special source. My understanding is that the plugs will be on the shelves before spring / opener. Just imagine, brand new purple prisms w/o needing to pay a mint for them!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I did just check the Storm website, http://www.stormlures.com and it has not been updated since 2002. I would expect an official announcement soon but the info regarding this re-introduction is widely known throughout the fishing industry… and many folks are quite happy about it too!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Thanks James, you made my day!
    Geronimo

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Purple Prism, huh James??????

Care to shed a little light on that color? Is it a personal favorite for “mid-light” conditions?

kwkfsh

The lures are going to be made by Kaboom Lures, which is owned by Dave Storm. (ring any bells) As far as I know Storm (ie Rapala)is not bringing the old style back so we should be able to have both styles to choose from. Kaboom is also ressurecting some of the other old styles such as the Hot-n-Tot.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hmmm… actually, my understanding was that Storm / Rapala was indeed intending to bring back the originals. Maybe I’m wrong. One thing is for certain, the originals are coming back. Good news for Storm lovers.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This is a great lakes fave that guys were paying huge bucks for on E Bay… I’ve personally never caught a fish on that pattern.

Quote:

Purple Prism, huh James??????

Care to shed a little light on that color? Is it a personal favorite for “mid-light” conditions?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Good! Now I don’t feel so bad. I have one, used it a few times, but never had any success.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s the Ka Boom lures coming out from Dave Storm that are knock-offs of the Deep Juniors… called Nitro Shiners.

http://daveslures.com/nitroshiner.html

I believe Gander and Cabelas either do or will be carrying much of the Ka Boom line.

If they run as well and catch fish like the originals I’m all for NOT giving Normark (Evil Empire ) any of my money.

alkfish
    St Paul MN

AMEN brother James!!!

normark

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Hot-n-Tots coming back! Wohoo!! I’ll take five hundred and sell them in western Minnesota

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Check out this review done by Ryan Hale – Dave’s Winning Streak

The review was done in October so they’ve been out for some time now!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Thanks, James. It may be the picture or my memory but that looks a little different than the ones I remember. I’ll dig one out and take a look. I’ll check out my Cabela’s catelog also.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I used the Winning Streak lures last summer and fall.They are close to being the same as the old Hot N Tots with the metal lips.They have alot of great colors.
    Ryan Hale

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Dave’s KABOOM Lures is owned by David Storm of the original Storm Lure family. I believe he is son & nephew to the guys that started the t-sticks & hot-n-tots. So far I like their Winning Streaks, much like the old h-n-t & am anxious to try the Nitro Shiner = t-stick. Looks like they have all the good old colors as well.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I should be able to find some now! Thanks to all!
    Geronimo

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Normark owns the old DJ, DAJ, AJ, J, and XJ molds. They came with the purchase of Storm when they bought them out. I do not know if they used these old molds to produce the upcoming lure line. Here are a few facts:

The Storm family wanted to continue to produce the Storm lure line under the direction of Normark. In discussions leading up to the sale of Storm, they were given the impression that this would be true. Most of the family members, along with the assembly line staff, were believed to be staying to continue producing lures under the Storm name for Normark. Shortly after the buyout, Normark discontinued the line, as the parent company didn’t believe a plastic lure could be produced that was worthy of their parent company name. The decision to discontinue this lure line was soley Normark/Rapalas, not Storm.

The color lineup for Daves Lures can be found at http://www.daveslures.com. I believe there are 34 different colors of the new Deep Nitro Shiner (as James and others mentioned above). There are plans to create more lures of different designs in the future. These plans will be made public sometime in 2004.

The Storm lure line being produced by Normark/Rapala is no longer connected to the Storm family in any way other than name. When they bought out Storm lures, the purchase included the naming rights to Storm lures. Thus, Dave Storm’s products are called Daves Lures.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.