Beer

• bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

25 reasons why we should allow beer at work:

1. It’s an incentive to show up.

2. It reduces stress.

3. It leads to more honest communications.

4. It reduces complaints about low pay.

5. It cuts down on time off because you can work with a hangover.

6. Employees tell management what they think, not what management wants to hear.

7. It helps save on heating costs in the winter.

8. It encourages carpooling.

9. Increase job satisfaction because if you have a bad job, you don’t care.

10. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.

11. It makes fellow employees look better.

12. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.

13. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.

14. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.

15. Suddenly, burping during a meeting isn’t so embarrassing.

16. Employees work later since there’s no longer a need to relax at the bar.

17. It makes everyone more open with their ideas.

18. Everyone agrees the work is better after they’ve had a couple of drinks.

19. Eliminates the need for employees to get drunk on their lunch break.

20. Increases the chance of seeing your boss naked.

21. It promotes foreign relations with the former Soviet Union.

22. The janitor’s closet will finally have a use.

23. Employees no longer need coffee to sober up.

24. Sitting on the copy machine will no longer be seen as “gross”

25. Babbling and mumbling incoherently will be common language.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

It’s better to be having a beer thinking about religion, than to be in church thinking about beer…. -unknown (and let’s keep it that way)

Religion – “You can’t have your beer and drink it too”.

Faith – I’m having a get together this Wed. night……….nothing fancy, just a couple cold ones with some of the guys from church. In fact, I’m serving up a new home brew if you care to stop by and sample it. I’ll introduce you to “joe”, the guy that said he could help us modify that drag sled.”

If option #2 looks confusing, maybe it’s time to announce that Jesus wasn’t fond of religion either.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Be sure to recycle.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

And hide your beer from predators.

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

GH, was that YOUR tree? lol!

Later… “Bud” wiser….

bam_bam

that takes the idea of ‘decorating’ the tree to a whole new level…….I’d be guessing about .21

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Good point Marcus! Gator, did you decorate the tree in an afternoon….by yourself?

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

That tree reminds me of the “party tree” we had in the house when I went to school in Madison. Christmas trees come down after the holiday. Party trees stay up all year!!
    LOL

chappy
    Hastings, MN

You might be a redneck if………

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

If it were my tree it would be covered in Mich Golden Light, not Bud. I might throw a couple bottles of Captian Morgan in for decoration.

Gator Hunter

JBUSCH
    Hastings,MN

THE BUFFALO THEORY
    A herd of buffalo can olny move as fast as the slowest buffalo.And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.In much the same way the human brain can olny operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.Excessive intake of alcohol,as we know,kills brain cells.But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

Thats why you always feel smarter after a few beers

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Hey Beer Professor, do you still have that pic I took of you and Joe at the races down at Kasson. I’m sure the guys would like to see that picture!

Captain
    Baxter, MN

Norm Peterson’s Famous Beer Quotes

“Can I draw you a beer Norm ?”
    “No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one.”

“How’s a beer sound Norm?”
    “I dunno. I usually finish them before they get a word in.

“What would you say to a nice beer Normie?”
    “Going Down?”

“What’s new Normie?”
    “Terrorists, Sam. They’ve taken over my stomach, and they’re demanding beer.”

“What’ll it be Normie?”
    “Just the usual Coach. I’ll have a froth of beer and a snorkel.”

“What’d you like Normie?”
    “A reason to live. Give me another beer.”

“What’ll you have Normie?”
    “Well I’m in a gambling mood Sammy. I’ll take a glass of whatever comes out of that tap.”

“Looks like beer, Norm.”
    “Call me Mister Lucky.”

“What’d you say Norm?”
    “Any cheap, tawdry thing that will get me a beer.”

“What would you say to a beer Norm?”
    “Hi ya, sailor. New in town?”

Coming in from the rain)”Evening everybody.”Everybody: “Norm!” “Still pouring Norm?””That’s funny, I was about to ask you the same thing.”

“What’s the story Mr. Peterson?”
    “The Bobbsey twins go to the brewery. Let’s cut to the happy ending.”

“Beer, Norm?” “Have I gotten that predictable? Good.”

“What’s going on Mr. Peterson?”
    “A flashing sign in my gut that says, ‘Insert beer here.'”

“Hey Mr. Peterson, Jack Frost nipping at your nose?”
    “Yep, now let’s get Joe Beer nipping at my liver, huh?”

“How’s it going Mr. Peterson?”
    “Poor.””I’m sorry to hear that.” “No, I mean pour.”

“Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?”
    “All right, but stop me at one…..make that one-thirty.”
    “What’s the story Norm?”<br>> “Boy meets beer. Boy drinks beer. Boy meets another beer.”

“How’s about a beer, Norm?”
    “That’s that amber sudsy stuff, right? I’ve heard good things about it!”

“What’s going on Mr. Peterson?”
    “The question is what’s going in Mr. Peterson?

A beer please, Woody.”
    “Can I pour you a beer Mr. Peterson?”
    “A little early isn’t it, Woody?”
    “For a beer?”
    “No, for stupid questions.”

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Hey Beer Professor, do you still have that pic I took of you and Joe at the races down at Kasson. I’m sure the guys would like to see that picture!

Yeah Zimmy, I’ve got the picture somewhere but I doubt it will ever make on this website. LOL It’s a good thing you were sober cab that night.

Gator Hunter

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

The Coneheads have to be some of the best beer drinkers of all time. I still laugh when I think about them opening all the cans in a 6-pack and attempting to pour all 6 cans in their mouth at the same time. I wish I could find a picture of them doing this.

The McKenzie brothers of Strange Brew fame have to be my second all time favorite beer drinkers.

Dave Gulczinski

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

GH what room are you going to be in at P10 GTG? I want to be either right next to your room or really far a way

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine here at work yesterday. The topic was if there was only one brand of beer that you could drink for the rest of your life, and there were no other options, what would it be? I was torn between my 3 favorite beers:
    Miller lite for everyday consumption
    Summit extra pale ale for semi-special occasions
    Guinness stout for special occasions.
    Money being no object, I would pick Summit extra pale ale.
    Money being an object, Miller lite.
    How about you folks?
    Steve

newt
    Pillager, MN

Michelob Golden Draft Light That’s the only beer I drink….unless I’m out of state that is. Too bad the rest of the country has poor taste.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Michelob Golden Draft Light That’s the only beer I drink….unless I’m out of state that is. Too bad the rest of the country has poor taste.

Then I guess I’ve got bad taste! If you’re going to drink often, it might be different than a LOT often………but regular consumption and Miller Lite seem to be okay. But if I was talking just a bottle here…….there………..a couple each week, I’m really torn on which way I’d go.

I really like Leinie’s Red and Killian’s Red, Leinies Dark Boch, and MooseHead. Rolling Rock is a good pale…………but I think I’d stick to the thicker brews. The buzz comes on soon enough so a filling brew helps me control the “dumb” factor.

Go ahead…………that’s a freebie for zingers!

As much as I like the “reds”……….I’d probably vote Moosehead! I like the Canadian brew!

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

Light Beer
    To me, a light beer taste like this – take one non-light beer and pour half of it into a 12 oz glass, then fill up the rest of the glass with water – now you have a light beer. For my taste buds, light beer taste like watered down real beer. Maybe as you get older (that would be me) your taste buds kind of wear out so stronger beer taste better.

I must be one of the few who like regular beer as I think the light beers consistently out sell the regular beers. Maybe one of you light beer drinkers could enlighten me as to why light beer tastes better to you rather than regular beer.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Dave, I am with you 100 % on light beer. The only light beers I like at all are MGD light and Mich Light, but NOT the Mich Golden light. If you really want water try the Mich. Ultra!!

One beer for the rest of my life???? That’s pure madness!! Can you only use one bait for the rest of your life?????

For regular American macro brew, I like Bud or MGD. For cheap beer, High Life or Old Mill.

Mid priced stuff, New Glarus Uff-Da bock, Newcastle Brown Ale, Gray’s Honey Ale, a bunch of different Octoberfest types, Sprecher Maibock, Bass Ale (maybe this is high priced). Many others yet untried.

Expensive beers: Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock (the most expensive I have tried, $16.00 a 6 pack), McEwan’s Scotch Ale, Spaten Optimator, Frankenheim Alt. The creme de le creme of brewing IMO.

I LOVE beer. Mmmmm, getting thirsty now. I see a couple of beers in my future tonight!!!

Hey beer professor, any openings on the faculty???

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Well………..I’ll take a stab at this………

Sometimes I want the flavor but in a more suttle manner. Sometimes I double filter my coffee and make it light bodied, like a tea……….and it’s smoother and tastier than anything I’d imagined! Sometimes, that’s too weak and I want it full tilt, borderline espresso! But in that setting, I can only take so much. Lighter, more suttle flavors help me avoid “getting tired” of the taste.

I’m not a consistant drinker…………not even close……….so that can often play a role in wanting a more suttle flavor as well. My “buds” are so used to anything BUT that flavor, that it really stands out when it’s passing through the gums!

Try this………if you really want to experience the flavors of a pizza, put on a little extra sauce, more topping, and less cheese………on an ultra thin crust! MMMMmmmmm………….piiizzzaaahhhhhhhh…………….Gotta Go!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I too prefer regular beer, but due to having a bit of a weight problem, I stick to light beer for the most part. The primary reason for the switch was about 4 years ago when my wife and I joined Weight Watchers. They assign all foods and drinks a point total. I could have up to 35 points a day. For example, fresh green beans where 0 points, and you could have as many as you wanted. A Big Mac is 18 points. Beer is 2 points for a light beer or 3 points for a regular. So, I could enjoy more beer for the same amount of points. The trick was finding a light beer that still had that beer taste. The mass produced ones all are about the same to me, and I just settled on Miller Lite. The best light beers that I have tried are Leinies Lights, or Amstel light, but one is hard to find, and the other is too expensive to drink everyday. So, I guess to me I have settled for light beer because it beats the alternative, which is fewer beers.
    Steve

newt
    Pillager, MN

I already have a beer gut just drinking the light stuff….just think if I drank the regular??

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I like the beer H2O buys! Not because of the kind. Just because HE bought it!!!!!!!!!!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

So, I guess to me I have settled for light beer because it beats the alternative, which is fewer beers.
    Steve

Sound logic. Can’t get any argument on that!!!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Just in case anyone was wondering why some havent chimed in yet:
    This summer I saw James sucking down a Zima while Dustin was reaching for another Bartles and James Very Berry.

BTW-my old man says that Lite Beer is like making love in a canoe. It is XXXing near water.

I prefer Mich Golden light, but the only bad beer is an empty beer.

bam_bam

as far as beer goes…..my favorite is grain belt premium, followed by-believe it or not-high life, but I have been known to drink mich golden draft light…..but if you really want a beer that’ll knock you down, drag you out in the alley, beat you up and take your wallet….then I tear into the Molson. I try to save that for when I want to spend a nite or two on the couch

lakeskipper
    Anoka, MN

Hey Everybody,
    I work in the malt beverage distribution side of the beer business, and there is a little saying that we follow:
    “There are three kinds of beer in this world; Warm beer, Cold beer, and Free beer. If you have 2 of the 3 put a beer right here!”
    Just thought I would pass that along.

Lakeskipper

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Sorry guys, all those miller, bud, and mich lite beers are was too sweet. Yuk! For an everyday lite, I prefer a Strohs lite. The beer has a plesant bite to it and does not taste watered down. Poured into a glass, the beer at least looks like a beer! Of course, I know most don’t like that taste…..But that’s OK, just more in the cooler for me.

Another super lite beer not mentioned (I think) is a Lienies Amber Light.

Jon J.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.