Stolen Alligator Head

• smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Spent the week at the Chetek Chain after the 4th and had a great time except for some low life stealing my floating alligator head which was in the water at the end of my dock. It was there when we went to fireworks and the next morning he was gone. It was in the creek which runs between Lake Ojaski and Prairie.

The was fun just sitting and watching everyone come by and show their kids the alligator. Wish I had a dollar for every photo that was taken of it.

If anyone sees a floating alligator head with its mouth open and 3 little alligators inside the mouth, I would appreciate it if you would take a photo of the bottom of it. When I bought it, there was no way to anchor it so I had to rig it so that I could secure it to a brick which makes it one of a kind. I will know it if I ever see it again just by looking at the bottom. There is a reward for it.

It was hard explaining to my 3 year old grand daughter who had been waiting all summer to come to the lake and see the alligator why it was gone.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for it.

buck-slayer

Sorry to here some aye- whole stole your alligator head. Looks real in the picture where did you get it ?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’d put a big sign at the end of the dock asking for info.

This is a really neat idea of yours, sounds like people really liked it too, I would think if enough people knew about it, you could hopefully get it back, or some justice.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I bought it on ebay last year. We put up a sign on the end of our dock, “Reward for return of our Stolen Alligator.” People came by looking for it and when they saw the sign, they were very upset and disappointed. Did get a tip on another alligator but it wasn’t mine. The mouth was closed. A friend has one with the mouth closed also just a couple of hundred years away that has been there for several years. Mine has been in the water since the end of May and it was stolen when I was there.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Man that sucks. We are going to be staying at a resort on that same creek in 11 days–I will keep my eyes out for it! Any fish biting?

–Whitey

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Northern Exposure??? The pan fishing is good but the crappies are running small again this year. Seems to go in cycles. Taking some nice walleye if you know where to go. Bass fishing is good. Couldn’t get the Northern to bite yet but that should be starting soon. I plan on being back that weekend so get a hold of me and I might be able to point you to some good places.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

I read it wrong. We are at Lakeshore between Ojaski and Pokegema. This is just our second year there so still learning a lot. We got a lot of crappies last year and really like the lakes and the area.

–Whitey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.