Trollers Only

• eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Any fans of Smithwick or Yo-Zuri lures out there? If so, what size, model, color etc. do you favor. After looking at my new Precision Trolling (7th ed.) Guide, I thought I would get some G2 on a couple of lures I have never tried. Thanks
    Geronimo

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I can’t afford those expensive lures (Yo-zuri).

Gator Hunter

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

The Yozuri’s are too expensive for me but I use Rattlin’ Rogues and Super Rogues alot for trolling. I don’t use the deep divers much, but use the floaters with bottom bouncers or snap weights. Fire Tiger, Clown, and the Shad colors are all good. Rogues are a tough bait and require little tuning. Great bait for the price.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The crystal minnows are darn deadly on mille lacs at night and will occassionally out-produce all others BUT the rocks know an expensive crank when they see one and just seem to sit up a little higher or something and snag them way toooo much!

And the pike and ‘skis like the bite them off too.

They are a high quality lure that runs well. They are too darn expensive for this guy to be used in the snaggy stuff!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

What is the name of the shad bait that Yo-zuri came out with a few years ago? I had a couple of those in a translucent white color. They worked well. Just too expensive.

Gator Hunter

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I use alot of the Yo-zuri lures. One of my favorites for three-waying is the Pins Minnow. Here is a picture of my two favorites.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Here are a couple that I have had success with while longlining. The top one is a Crystal Minnow and for the life of me I can’t remember what the bottom one is.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

River Rat, The bottom pic looks like it could be a crystal minnow also, in a smaller size like the DD 3/8 oz.
    Geronimo

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Thanks for the input Boys….got my Cabela’s order in hand!
    Geronimo

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I have to agree. The Crystal Minnow perch pattern can be fantastic on Mille lacs. There are not to many baits out there that will troll that shallow. I can run the CM in 4 feet with no hang ups.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.