Applying quantum hot sauce

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

my baitcasters reels are due for some maintenance and ive never used the hot sauce before and was just wondering where exactly you apply it on the reel and how much you’re supposed to use? thanx

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

First off jon take the spool out if you can and really give the reel a good washing. An old toothbrush and some q-tips work good. Then if you can get to the gears go ahead but be careful you put it back together right. Then apply the hot sauce on moving parts. I do this probally 3 times a year and even clean my rods getting all the mud and weeds off them. Take a cloth with armor all and wipe them down. it will make them look new again. Dan

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

Just picked up a my nicest quantum spinning reel and wondering the same thing on this spinning reel. Any help would be great.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

Just picked up a my nicest quantum spinning reel and wondering the same thing on this spinning reel. Any help would be great.

Spining reels are much easier. Pull the handle off and the shaft out . Take the spool off and pop the sidecover off. Usually only 2 to 3 screws clean it up and apply oil to any moving part, bearings, and bushings. I will allso pull the plastic cover thats over the bail spring and give it a cleaning and oil it too.

For the money they get for Hot Sauce I have been giving a full synthetec oil like Mobil 1 a shot in my reels. So far between the two I haven`t found any difference in side by side comparisons. Granted not scientific but casting distance in identical reels using either oil has been darn near identical. Smoothness in the gears…I can`t tell either apart. Cold weather use has been the same results if I didn`t have the reels marked I would not know which had which oil in it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.