charter fishing on lake michigan

• jeff korsmo
    Cresco, Ia

Me and a couple of the neighbors are planning on making a weekend trip to lake michigan fishing on a charter for some salmon. Anybody have any good recomendations on who to go with? Been searching the web and found a couple places to go, but figured i’d come here before pulling the trigger on anything first. Also is mid to late summer a good time to go? Another quicky, can you drink beer out on the charters on the lake? Just curious, I have never done anything like this before. We’d be coming from NE Iowa if that helps any.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I fish out of Two Rivers and would suggest either the Willie Bee or Bald Beaver. Both boats have a good following and stay on fish.

Klondike

One of the best I’ve found is Hi-Tech Charter out of Sheboygan. Call Bryan at 920-980-4031. Or Google Hi-Tech Charter on the internet. He’s a real class act and so is his boat. I’ve been out with him on several occasions and he’s worked hard for me every time.

bts
    Centuria, Wi.

I would highly recommend Eric Haataja out of Milwaukee.
    Phone: (414) 546-4627
    Email: [email protected]

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

No reccomendations, but the beer drinking will be up to the guy in charge of the boat. The other thing is beer sometimes adds to see sickness on rough days.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve fished with Dumper Dan’s out of Sheboygen for the last 5 years. They have great boats and the crew are all excellent. You are free to drink all the beer you want. They do a great job of cleaning your fish any way you want them cleaned. Late June thru July is a excellent time for #’s of good sized eater fish with a good mixed bag of fish. Late Sept. into Oct. is the best time if you want BIG fish, Not as many but much larger. I hope you have a good time. Let us all know who you choose to fish with and how you do.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Kinns Katch (google them). I’ve used them for the last 5 years. Excellent outfit. Ask for Troy or Howie. All the captians are good. But these guys are the best. They are out of Algoma this time of the year. Good luck, you won’t need it.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I grew up in Racine and have done my best not to go back LOL. But I would target the ports of Racine, Sheboygan, Two Rivers, or Algoma. Through July the bite can be very consistant and good captians will be on fish. Aug, the bite is tougher.

the_j-man
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

i’ll 2nd DumperDan out of Sheboygan. He’ll put you on the fish! Try http://www.dumperdan.com

I will third Dumper Dan’s. I am booked with them in August! 3rd year in a row for me.

Rich4Walleyes

We have been going the last couple of years with a smaller charter run by Lee Hausch. He has been doing this for many years and is great to fish with. He also does alot of seminars for the Algoma area and is well known for his knowledge of fishing. He will definatly do his best to keep you on fish.

http://www.fishalgoma.com/index.php

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

We have been going the last couple of years with a smaller charter run by Lee Hausch. He has been doing this for many years and is great to fish with. He also does alot of seminars for the Algoma area and is well known for his knowledge of fishing. He will definatly do his best to keep you on fish.

http://www.fishalgoma.com/index.php

another vote for capt lee

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.