Lips breaking

• sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

So I can say that I am not as avid as most of you guys pulling cranks but I am trying. I have had a few rapala’s break the lip of the lure off. Any warranty on the lures our just through them?

whittsend

What kind of raps? I have had this happen multiple times with the original x-raps, but not too much with other styles…. I can get pretty hard on them, though, when I get into jerbait mode….

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

So I can say that I am not as avid as most of you guys pulling cranks but I am trying. I have had a few rapala’s break the lip of the lure off. Any warranty on the lures our just through them?

You have to send them back to Normark. Or at least that’s what I’ve done in the past with good results.

Ph. 952-933-7060

Address:

Normark
    10395 Yellow Circle Drive
    Minnetonka, Minn 55343

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

It happens frequently w/ shallow runners, I have a box full of them!

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I’ve had the same problem many, many times . I fixed it by not buying anymore Crapala products .

toothycritters

I’ve caught many fish on rapalas. and I have had many of them that the lips broke off on. I had a fat rap that was a fish catchin’ machine until the lip broke and now it hangs in my basement.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

They make great boat key chains!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Quote:

True, but for the benefit of our Wisc and Iowa friends, dont forget to remind them remove the hooks.

rmartin
    United States

It has been years, but I sent them a number of the shallow shad raps with broken lips. They sent me replacements, but they were all the deeper diver models. I suggested to their sales reps at the trade shows that they beef up the lips on those, but it did not happen.

holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

True, but for the benefit of our Wisc and Iowa friends, dont forget to remind them remove the hooks.

Cranks are suppose to have hooks, we have a lot to learn in Iowa.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

Quote:

At least we fish with the hooks on them

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Don’t slap them on the water to remove the weeds. I have hundreds of them and use them almost exclusively and never have a problem since I figured out that was causing it.

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Yes these were shallow shads also.
    I will try the send back option.
    Iowa is to far for me!

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

Don’t slap them on the water to remove the weeds. I have hundreds of them and use them almost exclusively and never have a problem since I figured out that was causing it.

Banging into rocks on retrieve is what did it with mine. No reason they cannot build a bait that can stand up to what I would call normal fishing.

yambo
    Texas

Made in China perhaps ?

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Just as a follow up to my problem I had two Shallow Shad Rapalas and on one of them the lip broke off and the other the body fell apart. I sent them back to good ole Normark Corporation asking if they would replace them. Apparently spending $8.00 on sale per lure isn’t enough to get them replaced or fixed? They took the time to tell me it was my fault and send them back to me? Letter is below. They could of shoved two slightly scratched bodies in a bag with my old lures and I would of gladly accepted but nope the kicked me right in the BALLS!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

With another manufacture, I took the pride in sending them back a receipt from Gander Mnt. when i replaced about 30 cranks with a different brand. I’m sure my letter imediately was tossed into the garbage, but I wonder if they ever grasped the concept of customer service

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

It pains me to say it cuz I’ve loved so many of their products but I’ve abandoned all purchasing from Normark because of things like this. They’ve gotten more expensive, less dependable, and every customer complaint sounds like this one. Maybe losing one customer doesn’t make a difference to them but it sure does make a difference to me!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.