Favre has finally been confirmed

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

to be tossing a football around, and waiting for Childress to get there. just to see what thoughts are about him coming to MN. Figured ESPN is reporting his every move and I have not seen things about him on here for a few days .

Broncs

boy it’s going to be a long year for my team though.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I might take some flack for this thought but as a Packer fan I have to get this off my chest. I am tired of the whole Brett Favre thing! If he becomes a Viking I would love nothing more than to see him struggle and have a bad season.

I have no problem with what the Packers organization did letting him go. I’m just glad that he isn’t doing this to the Packers any more.

I’m not looking to start a huge fight about this opinion because everyone is entitled to their own point of view. I am just sick of his “Yearly Routine”!

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Quote:

I might take some flack for this thought but as a Packer fan I have to get this off my chest. I am tired of the whole Brett Favre thing! If he becomes a Viking I would love nothing more than to see him struggle and have a bad season.

I have no problem with what the Packers organization did letting him go. I’m just glad that he isn’t doing this to the Packers any more.

I’m not looking to start a huge fight about this opinion because everyone is entitled to their own point of view. I am just sick of his “Yearly Routine”!

I guess Packer fans and Viking fans CAN agree on something.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

If the vikes pick up Favre are they going to hire another water boy? One for the gatorade and one to bring Favre his Metamucil.

sink-her
    Kasson MN

better than what we have you look at it im sorry, T jack is not ready yet, needs a good mentor like the #4 my thoughts

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I’ve been sitting on the sidelines watching and listening to the Farve hype. And think of this: one year with the Vikings and gone. Then Michael Vick will be ready to play for the Vikings.

wkw

Either he or the media that keeps bringing it up, or both, are stared for attention and have to do this to feed his/their ego. I’m tired of hearing about it. Speculation seems to drive the media more than reporting the facts. I blame them for the hype. Far as I know Favre has never said anything ’bout comig here. ‘Tho it would be kinda fun for a season.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I think it’s ironic that everyone is blaming their beloved #4 for this media hype this year. I have yet to see him speak to anyone this spring/summer. Seems ESPN should be at fault if anyone?? Although, the two-three previous years I can see where you could blame #4. Either way, he is going to be a Viking this year. But to expect anything more than what Montana did in KC is fooling yourself.

bigpike

“Favre has finally been confirmed”
    You better check your sources he has been confirmed in the Catholic faith for years….

yambo
    Texas

Wish he would go away.Tired of hearing his name pronounced differently then it’s spelled anyway….lol

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Favre is going to be LIVE on HBO tonight with J.Buck. I would assume this is where he would be announching his “UNretirement”. I don’t know why else he would be going on a show like that. Just making assumptions but stay tuned.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Don’t thank me yet. wait until he figures out your receivers are a serious down grade. good thing Da Bears have a few tight ends that can catch the ball.

jackb
    liberty missouri

The Favre soap opera continues. FAVRE SUCKS!!! Just another aging athelete who does not know when to call it quits. I really hope a Bear linebacker or ANYBODY else does it for him, and the sooner the better.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

What a stupid statment……love him or hate him come on asking a person to get taken out with a career ending injury is talking out your ………oh an by the way not a Favre fan just can’t believe something that dumb could be said…..

baldwin4
    NE IA

Time will tell ……… Should be intersting season if he comes out of retirement. Like I say “Time will tell……..

jackb
    liberty missouri

Sorry to have offended you Erick, but it is my opinion. People get carried away with atheletes, especially pro football. Example, Lawrence Taylor. 7 drug CONVICTIONS and in the hall of fame. What a joke! Michael Vick; Dont think for a minute when he can come back someone will want him. Pac Man Jones, given how many chances? Favre is just the latest drama queen to feel neglected. Really great examples for kids too

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

I am tired of the whole Brett Favre thing!

But you are still beating the dead horse talking about it!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

He’ll be in Mankato in August.

baldwin4
    NE IA

He didn’t commit to anything last night on the Joe Buck show.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

He’ll be in Mankato in August.

For sure!

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Anybody looking for a favre jersey – XXL ? I have one that has only been worn about 5 times. All it needs is to be dyed purple from its current white, I know I will never wear it again…

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Pal,
    Does the jersey have a name on the back of it? If it doesn’t, have the name ‘Mississippi Hicky’ added to the back of it. If it already has Farve on the back of it, we can put it in a pile with my father inlaws old packer license plate that said ‘4orever’.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Funny, how he went from “GOD” in green, to the anti-christ in 2 seasons….

big G

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

My new Packer plate 4GET4

Weird, found this on WI DOT site.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I agree G! It’s been fun watching the transition of Packer fans.

I was in Wausau, WI last week and overheard this discussion of two women waiting in line:
    “I don’t care about Favre anymore, I think Aaron Rodgers will be a good QB”, “Yeah”, says the other woman, “I never did like that Favre guy anyway”

At that point I had to butt in and call her on that one. That was an awesome thing to hear for a Viking fan! After almost two decades, they’ve turned on him!!!

Eric

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

I dont care if the guy retires and unretires for the next 25 years, I like watching him play and that really is all that matters to me. His personal choice to play or not play does not affect the fact that I like watching him play when he is on the field, none of my concern what so ever. Adn when he is retired (for good) Ill still say he is my all time favorite football player.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.