Question about old fishing equipment

• coot
    North Central Wisconsin

I really am not a collector of fishing antiquities, but I do have a few pieces in the computer room, including my granpa’s old steel fishing pole. Recently, I was given an old rod & reel & was just curious if any of you knew the value of them. I have no intention to sell them at this time, just intersted to know what they are worth. The reel is a Pflueger Akron Trademark No. 1894 w/ the jewels on the side. The rod is a Culver Duo-Loc, it appears to be steel (painted white), I don’t think it is solid fiberglass. Thanks.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Coot,
    Bassmaster mag has an antique and valuation section every month that they answer questions just like yours. give’m a try. Jack.

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Coot, log on to ebay and go to fishing, you can see whats for for sale and how much the bid is and if you can manuver thru to finished auctions it tells how much an item sold for. for instance I have a old gold plated pflueger bait caster from my grand dad that I can’t part with but one like it sold for $200.00 on ebay.
    good luck

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Coot I looked up the Pflueger Akron # 1894 in Carl Luckey’s Guide to Old Fishing Lures & Tackle… Its stated value is $8 to $18. Thats about What most of the more common reels run. I didn’t find the rod but they run about the same $10 to $20. The real value is the memories these items bring us.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Thanks guys. They sure look nice in my fishing/computer room. Thanks for taking the time to look them up for me Yellowdog.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.