Another Fisherman Cleaned Out

• BowedUp

Just trying to help someone out a bit here. Got an e-mail from a woman today whose husband had all of his fishing stuff stolen when his garage was broken into a couple of weeks ago. She got my name from the wife of a fishing buddy and she was wondering if I knew of anyplace where he could go and start replacing his stuff – like tackle sales, garage or rummage sales, etc. or if I knew of anyone who was looking to sell some of their tackle.

Here is kind of what he lost so you can have an idea of what he might be looking for: ” I know that he had 2 of the St. Croix rods, retail $250-300. I bought him a Shimano Reel , retail $100.00 a few years ago. He had a ton of the Rapala walleye lures, some Musky baits (not too many). He hasn’t replaced any of the spinners yet. He bought some of the jigs this weekend along with a Gander Mountain brand combo rod.

He doesn’t like a “heavy” rod. He also had a few other reels that were $150-250.

And he had a really nice soft sided green tackle bag/box that held 6 of the plastic organizer deals.”

Sounds like he is mostly a walleye and pannie guy.

Anyone know of anyplace or anyone who might be able to help this guy out?

On the flip side – if you hear of anyone trying to unload something like this, please let me know and I will pass it along.

jkratky
    Lino Lakes, MN

Sorry to hear. Where did this take place?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

this really sucks, I had my main tackle box stolen last summer, still reach’n for some of my favorite jig colors in the new tackle trays, just to be re-reminded I still have a bunch more stocking up to do. Here’s my advise, buy a few things each time when it is on sale, buy summer stuff late fall when some stuff goes on clearance, keep an eye on rummage sales, sometimes you can come across some nice stuff and cheap.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

I was claened out 2 years ago. They got all 16 rods and 3 big tackle boxes all together valued at around $19,000.00. This really sucks and I am sorry to hear this.

wkw

Have him check out the cranks I have for sale in the classifieds. Good stuff at a reasonable price.
    Really sucks when people stoop so low, that they have to resort to thievery to get whatever it is that they need.
    And Obama wants to outlaw guns. HA !
    WKW

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

If anyone’s seen a small RED FLATBED trailer with distinctive raised bed/covered with blue marine carpet, would appreciate a shout. Some minor tongue damage visible/rough wood sides/liting harness enclosed in gray PVC pipe. Swiped from my yard back east of St. Paul.

Used to haul leaves and kids paddleboat so not great loss…Mostly sentimental and “engineering” value–the first time you put one of those boxed kits together, it can take half a day! Lock all my stuff now.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

That is just the worse thing that can happen to an angler. I used to have a nice box full of jigs that got knocked overboard by the dog. The dog must have thought I was nuts. I was putting jigs in the water all day and she figured more was better. It gave me all the excuse I needed to go to Bfishn and get the good stuff. Now I only own Bfishn jigs and I couldn’t be happier.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Where was this?

Dog

BowedUp

Quote:

Sorry to hear. Where did this take place?

Not really sure – the folks that are mutual acquaintences live in Inver Grove Heights area so I would imagine that it is somewhere in the southern metro.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Maybe the cops can take some time off from pulling people over for seatbelt “crimes”, and actually investigate this stuff.

Oh yeah, that’s right, the softball team needs new uniforms, and the donut fund is dangerously low due to government cutbacks.

BowedUp

Quote:

Have him check out the cranks I have for sale in the classifieds. Good stuff at a reasonable price.
    Really sucks when people stoop so low, that they have to resort to thievery to get whatever it is that they need.
    And Obama wants to outlaw guns. HA !
    WKW

Will do. Thanks!

BowedUp

Sorry to open the wounds for those of you who hve had similar experiences. Some great ideas to give him to try…thanks and keep em coming if you think of other options.

pockets
    Golden Valley, MN

Homeowner’s insurance not an option here?

hawkeye27

Watch EBAY there is allot of stuff on there and who knows the he may stumble upon some familiar items. My house burnt down a year ago this may and I am replacing items every time I get the chance

BowedUp

Quote:

Homeowner’s insurance not an option here?

Unless there is complete documentation then it really becomes impossible to claim – especially if it is not garden variety stuff that amounts to a few hundred bucks in total. Your rates will increase until you have, in effect, paid them back for your claim.

chippee
    sw wi

I would at least check into the insurance. About 6 yrs ago my garage was broken into and boat cleaned out. All the ins. co. needed was a police report. They were excellent about it, I went to cabelas and brought back a receipt and they cut me a check minus the $500 deductible. Rates didnt go up until next claim a few years later on my roof, and the cops did very little after the report.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

Maybe the cops can take some time off from pulling people over for seatbelt “crimes”, and actually investigate this stuff.

Oh yeah, that’s right, the softball team needs new uniforms, and the donut fund is dangerously low due to government cutbacks.

Wow….. not a fan of the Police?

bigpike

I was robbed last year and I feel the pain, took me all winter and every dissposable dollar I have to play with to rebuild what was taken. My first lesson was lock up everything all the time. Second lesson was the $1000 deductible was enough to cover what was stolen so I basically had no insurance to cover my loss. To help your friend I would pour over the classifieds for the deals. I got some great deals on cranks over the winter and I shopped the sales for rods and reels and pieced it back together. Its about all a guy can really do, that and pray for the poor guy that stole my stuff so maybe he can turn his sorry life around…..

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I got a tackle bag he can have if you can arrange someone to pick it up and deliver it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.