How Many Days Did You Fish in 2003?

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Also, please post a reply to:

– Did you fish more or less than in 2002?
    – Did you keep a fishing journal in 2003?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I just squeeked over the 100 mark with 105 days so far. (Will likely add a few more days on that total.) This number is down about 20-25 days from 2002

I do keep a journal. It’s interesting to sit here and read the entries from last year. I also enter reasons why I did not go. (Like huge storm or too hot)

Jon J.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Unfortunately I fished less in 2003 than in 2002 as spent alot of time with the Tournament Results part of the Tournament Forum which mean’t being at alot of the tourneys to see who won etc. That ties up a guys weekends. This coming year, 2004, I plan to spend alot more time fishing. I really want to get back into multi species fishing and do reports and product reviews on the equipement I use. So more time on the water coming ahead. Thanks, Bill

ps. But don’t worry, there will be LOTS of Tourney info this year too plus I will be working on the Rochester Area Lakes Forum with Mike at Hooked On Fishing. So lots to do ahead but the best part is that it ALL deals with ”Fishing”.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I probably fished a little more in ’03 than ’02, but not enough. I will hopefully be seeing those fishing days increase in ’04. I unfortunately did not keep a journal this year. I was just happy to be on the water when I could. Keeping a journal is a great idea and I plan to do so in ’04.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I broke the 150 mark.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I fished more this past year but thats only because I fished hardly at all the year before.But I must say that the quality of my fishing trips has improved.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

176 and counting! I was gunning for 200, but I guess I’ll be a little short.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I am at 122 counting ice fishing this morning. I am way down from the previous years because I had so many boat problems.

Gator Hunter

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I started to keep a fishing journal one summer. But I stopped doing it after a while. I think I probably have fished between 100-150 days this year.

yoda840
    Western North Carolina

but, but, but… I just got started …. since august, it pretty much at least weekly …. and I got permission for this saturday while she finishes the christmas shopping …. and guess what? …. yep, I’m off christmas eve, she has to work….
    Barry

bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

the only chance I get to go fishin’ this year is when the water’s hard..since it was a banner year for construction(which is how I make funds for fishin’)time wasn’t very permitting. I hope to go at least 3 more times this year, and improve to 40-50 times next year

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Well I got a slow start out of the gates this year.
    Had my pace maker put in on Feb 21 2002.
    Had my good friends the Stevens (Father& Son)get me on the water about 3 or 4 times in March.
    And you know what Jon I always used to journal also… Except this year..
    I have been trying to figure out how many days I put in I think I might have made 70 days. A far cry from my 134 in 2002…
    Hopefully 2004 is the year of the REEFRUNNER!!!
    Hope to be back into full swing
    Happy holidays all

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

ReefRunner Buddy, you’re still around to be on the water and thats what counts.
    Thanks, Bill

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Well , i think one of my New Years Resolutions will have to be to keep a journal for ’04.

as far as ’03 i’m guessing with 52 weeks in the year,on an average I spent 1 to 2 days on the river each week…some times none some times 4 days…

so I come up with around 75-85 days , although my wife begs to differ, spouting 100+ days for sure…

We will see for sure next year..(by the way ,,I don’t argue with my wife to much )

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Don’t tell her how many or she might tell you ”toooooooo” many. lol.
    Thanks, Bill

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Shoot, that is one thing she has never told me i couldn’t do..

We’ve been together since ’77 …Thats one reason we have such a good thing going…..23 years married in Feb. and still going strong !!!

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

I’m at 70 for this year, and hoping for a few more. Last year I made it out 72 times. I wish I lived closer to the river so I could get out for 3-4 hours after work, but with the 1 1/2 hour drive thats tough to do. I do keep a journal. Take care….

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

New baby, home improvements, funerals….probably down to 30 this year. I hope to be back to 70+ next year!!! The good news is that the fish will always be there. The family will always come 1st

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

I purposely don’t keep a fishing journal, here is why:

When I am about to go fishing and my wife says, “Weren’t you just fishing the other day”? I can say, “I think its been a long time since I last went fishing, I have been working so hard on your honey-do list that I forgot the exact days I’ve been fishing”. Since we both have bad memories and there is no journal to around verify the days I was fishing, I’m usually off to the river for the day.

I “think” I have only fished just a couple days in 2003 – I don’t know exactly how many days because I don’t have a journal

Dave Gulczinski

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

It would easly be 200 days fished.It would be probably easier to count the days I didn’t fish.That’s no bull for the guys that know me and see my car at the landing every day.Fishing and the river period has been my number one thing in life!!! If my wife would reads this my priorities will possibly change quickly HAR HAR!!!

Don Hanson

160 this year, I had a shot at 200 but slacked off during Dec.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I’d have to say 75-90, don’t really think I did a 100. the little lady would argue that one. a journal does make sense, there is alot of information I could use on successive trips to make things on the water easier for me. I usually relie on my memory, but am finding that is NOT such a good idea anymore. Jack.

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Sence I don’t ice fish I have not been out sence Nov. 28th. Got a new to me boat in Aug and put 878 miles on the water from Aug.20th to Nov 28th. For the year I was out about 180 days . Hope to do better next year. It’s not a matter of if I’m going it’s what time and where. Jim

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

If my wife would reads this my priorities will possibly change quickly HAR HAR!!!

Way Funny Steve !! Way Funny !!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Lets see……how many days did I fish in 2003? Not enough!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Lets see……how many days did I fish in 2003? Not enough!

Yes, that should have been one of the options.

Jon J.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.