Hypertech engine reprogrammers for gas engines

• hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Has anyone used one of these on their gas engine? Bill Dance advertises them on his show and claims 3+ MPG gain and increased power. Yes, I know he is being paid to say these things, but curious if anybody has used them and has real positive results. I know alot of diesel people use them with positive results. Just bought an 07 Silverado that I am considering putting one on.

adam dungan
    Two Harbors

I can’t prove it, but my dad put one in his Ford Supercrew. He had to run premium fuel in it and says that he went from 17-18 to 20-22. Truth or not I don’t know but you would have to drive a lot of miles to get your money back after buying the programmer and then having to buy premium fuel to get the added benefits.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Thanks, Nice to know they do work!!

They make an economy version now that uses regular unleaded, but the units are still around $325.00. Not sure how many tankfulls it would take to pay for it at 3-4 MPG increase, roughly about 80-90 extra miles per 20 gallon refill or around $8 a tank at $2 a gallon.So about 40 fillups. I guess if a guy could find a deal on one it wouldn’t be to bad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.