No More Walleye Insider Magazine!

• Whitecapmfg

Just Informed today the Walleye Insider will be having there last magazine issue in May.

adam dungan
    Two Harbors

That’s too bad. I just bought my first Walleye In-Sider and was waiting for the next one to hit the shelves. Guess I don’t have to wait anymore.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Glad I didnt re-new my subscription after the last issue, however it was my favorite magazine

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Maybe you should subscribe to White-Bass Insider. You could be their leading article contributor.

centralmneyeguy
    Becker, MN

This is really disappointing to me. I looked forward to each issue coming in the mail and learned a lot when I first started walleye fishing by reading their magazine. I wonder if everyone will get reimbursed? I am fairly certain I still have a couple years left on my subscription!

timbuc2eyes
    Mntana

THATS GREAT!!!, Just got my first issue in the mail yesterday, they’ll probably replace the rest of my subscription with a saltwater fishing mag!

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

That stinks. I have had a subscription forever. It is my favorite fishing magazine since it targets what I fish for most and can’t wait for it to arrive. I will miss it. Is there a carp monthly?

Hotrod2

Dang! My subscription is good till Feb 2010. That was a great magazine.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quite honestly guys…look into the FLW Outdoors Magazine! More and more of the articles are written by the “Old” Linder crew. The articles are fantastic and timely. I used to think there was nothing in a magazine that I could read that could improve my fishing. This magazine has proved me wrong. You can go to their website and sign up to become a member, and that qualifies you to fish tournaments and receive the magazine monthly. For my money, it is well worth it!

I believe if you liked the Walleye Insider, you will love the FLW Mags. You can also get it in….dare I say it…a BASS edition as well.

jimmy wallner
    St. Paul, Minnesota

Glad I didn’t renew either, let my in-fisherman expire to.. Chris are you not fishing any FLW events this year???

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I’m not surprised. When the Lindners sold it to Primedia, it began its downhill trend. Primedia was a trade journal publisher at least. Then they sold it to Intermedia which is a bottom line publisher–if it doesn’t make money, it doesn’t get published. I watched my subscription get thinner on good, informative articles and thinner physically. I quit buying it. Then they dropped the PWT. There was no more passion for the sport or the news about the sport. I picked up the Walleye Edition of the FLW and it was ho-hum–Glossy, but ho-hum. I find that I get my best info from Mid West Outdoors and my North American Fisherman.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Jimmy, Jami Ritter and I are fishing the Full Throttle events this year. We liked that schedule and locations a bit better.

Whitecapmfg

IN-FISHERMAN DISCONTINUES WALLEYE IN-SIDER MAGAZINE

Baxter, MN, May 5, 2009—In-Fisherman, a division of InterMedia Outdoors, Inc., announced today that it would cease publishing Walleye In-Sider magazine after the May-June 2009 issue.

“Economic challenges aside, our commitment to the walleye market hasn’t wavered,” said Jeff Paro, President and CEO of InterMedia Outdoors. “We will continue to produce and distribute the world’s finest walleye content through our extensive print, television, and online media platforms.”

Walleye In-Sider, published six times per year to an audience of over 60,000 avid walleye anglers, was the first and last word in walleye fishing. Since 1989, it chronicled the sport’s fast-breaking news and innovations in tackle and techniques.

Steve Hoffman, Vice President and Group Publisher of InterMedia Outdoors fishing titles said, “Walleyes are part of the foundation of In-Fisherman, and that’s not going to change. We will continue to teach readers and viewers how to catch more and bigger walleyes—and help our advertisers sell more product.”

In-Fisherman will continue to publish the highly successful Walleye Guide, which has detailed the ongoing development of walleye fishing tactics for 25 years. More than 100,000 copies are distributed each year to major newsstands across the United States and Canada, making it the world’s largest walleye publication.

InterMedia Outdoors also will continue to cover cutting-edge walleye techniques online at the newly redesigned In-Fisherman Web site (http://in-fisherman.com) as well as tournament and industry news at WalleyeFan (http://walleyefan.com). Hardcore walleye anglers also will continue to find an in-depth walleye feature in every issue of In-Fisherman magazine, and frequent walleye segments on In-Fisherman and Critical Concepts television series.

About In-Fisherman

For over 30 years, In-Fisherman has been the communications leader in the freshwater fishing industry through the integration of publications, television, radio, books, videos, DVDs, and the Internet. In-Fisherman publications include In-Fisherman magazine; plus six newsstand annuals: Walleye Guide, Catfish In-Sider Guide, Bass Guide, Ice Fishing Guide, Pike & Muskie Guide, and Panfish Guide. The In-Fisherman Library consists of over 19 educational fishing books and 95 instructional fishing DVD’s and videos. In-Fisherman Television airs 52 weeks a year on Sportsman Channel, Fox Sports Net, Pursuit, World Fishing Network, Wild TV, and 40 local broadcast affiliates. In- Fisherman Radio airs 6 days a week to over 420 stations nationwide. In- Fisherman’s Web site can be found at http://in-fisherman.com.

About InterMedia Outdoors

InterMedia Outdoors, Inc. is the leading multimedia company exclusively serving the information and entertainment needs of outdoors enthusiasts, with the largest network of Web sites dedicated to hunting, shooting and fishing; a portfolio of 15 magazines including powerful brands such as Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Hunting, Fly Fisherman, and Florida Sportsman; syndicated radio programming; the largest library of outdoors television programming; and The Sportsman Channel, the only television network 100 percent dedicated to hunting, shooting, and fishing.

CONTACT: Patty Harrison, In-Fisherman, 218-824-2538, [email protected]

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I get both the Walleye Insider and the FLW Walleye Magazine. I prefer the FLW magazine. The Walleye Insider has become a 80 page advertisement with recycled articles.

I miss the old Insider that was bursting with info, but that’s been 5 or 6 years now. Oh well, I guess I only have to pay one subscription now.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Mine was good until M/J12. Bet they will send me a refund.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.