AT&T Cell coverage.

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

We live in Holmen, WI and I am wondering if anyone can give us some feedback about AT&T cell coverage in the La Crosse area. Since we travel to the cities and Chicago area, any info on those areas would be great too. How is their customer service?

Thanks for any input!

FDR

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

How is anyones customer service lately? My experience with Cell Ones customer service lost them a customer of over 10 years.

In short: I was at our cabin alone for a week bow hunting. Had a prescheduled time to call home everyday that if I missed I instructed momma to call the search crew. No joke, it was a plan to come find me should something happen.

All was fine the first three days. Day 4 I go to call and the phone rings into CO’s customer service. Confused I redialed and the same thing. They asked my number then inform me my account was shut off due to non payment. “Can’t be” I tell them because my bill is paid from my banks auto pay every month as it had been for several years. The girl looks and says she noticed the payment was received the same day every month for the last calender year. But she also said it was likely I canceled my auto pay. At this point she was not willing to help me and was very rude. I explained my situation and that I had to make this call home within a few minutes. Her reply? “Then you should learn to pay your bill on time.” I almost went into orbit! Thinking quick I paid the amount she said was owed with my debit card. She told to shut my phone off and wait 10-15 minutes to power it up and call! WTF? I asked her to give me the approval code from the card processing machine (Helps to know this stuff) and immediately hung up and called home. Emergency call averted momma found the copy of the auto pay receipt and I called CO back and went to work so to speak. Long story short, sort of, That was the last time CO took my money. It took several months of posturing but I got my initial “late payment” refunded as well as the early termination fees canceled. Cell One? NEVER again for me. I’ve had Alltel, soon to be Verizon, and never had these problems. I’ve used their CS a few times and wasn’t wowed but wasn’t treated like a criminal either. OMMV

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Same basic experience with CO…I have been very happy with AlTel.

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

I had AT&T for 3 frustrating years b/c here in Red Wing they were the best of the worse. Last year (08) a couple weeks before thanksgiving I was looking at new service and phones. I went with sprint and they have a 30 day trial. We went to see the relatives in Iowa and came down through Lacroose and several po dunk towns after crossing into WI. I was absoulutely impressed with the service. I came home a different way from my parents and it was great also. I have been really impressed with my service. Way less hassle and dropped calls that I had with AT&T! My 2 cents!

adam dungan
    Two Harbors

Been with Verizon for almost 6 years and have been very happy with all the service. Phone coverage is good-great. Last August in Canada for 8 days I called home everyday to check in and thought my bill would have connect charges on it and my bill didn’t change. I’m about to resign another 2 year contract.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i’ve had verizon for 6-7 years, and couldn’t be happier with them.

I had AT&T for my work phone at my last job, and it was good service too, as far as reception goes, i have no idea about the customer service, as i never seen or paid the bill for it.

i’ve heard A LOT of horror stories about Sprint. my opinon would be to go with AT&T or Verizon, if data speeds are a concern, then Verizon is better between those two.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.