Dans southside marine

• huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Has anyone ever heard of financing going through, but the dealership wont rig or release the boat untill they have the check? Missing my first tournament in new boat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Bob Bowman would be the guy to talk to about financing issues but I think he is at the sturgeon excursion but not 100% sure. Send him a PM or give him a call he is a great guy and will do what he can to help.

Welcome to the site

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I spoke with bob but ended up financing with the dealership. Im just wondering if this is the way that all the dealerships handle financing. I know when ive purchased trucks in the past they let you drive away with them long before they recieve the check. All the financing is a go they just havent recieved the actual check. They wont even rig the boat, but they did hurry up and cash my down payment check.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

That sounds like a situation that would p*ss me off to no end. Especially cashing your deposit and then pulling that. With that being said, we are in new financial times these days.

jhalfen

It is so important to be comfortable with your dealer when making a major investment like a new boat. Lots of guys shopping price now-a-days….a couple hundred bucks one way or the other is driving their decision towards a particular boat.

Value, not price, is something everyone should consider. How much value are you getting for your money? Part of value is certainly the product and the price you’ve paid for it. Other, HUGE, parts of value are (1) service (before, during and especially after the sale), and (2) the relationship that your dealer wants to build and maintain with you. If your dealer isn’t interested in providing optimum customer service, and isn’t invested in building a relationship with you….then you aren’t getting enough value out of the transaction, and you should consider taking your business elsewhere.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I’d tell them your about ready to pull the plug on this deal and there’s plenty of other options, no doubt there’s dealerships willing to bend over backwards for you money. Cashing you deposit, well they have to be sure it will clear your bank, unless it was a cashiers check. You can always get that back. Was it not financing done through their dealership? I’d be hot, real hot!

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Any one have a Alumacraft/yamaha dealer in MN that has been a positive experience. This one was great untill we sealed the deal and then they became very short with me on the phone. I was told the boat was going to be ready last wed. its now friday with no date to speak of. I have a feeling if I stick with it Ill be lucky to have it by WI opener!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I’ve got to agree with Jason. It would suck to get set back. But you are spending a pile of cash. When I spend a pile of cash on sleds, wheelers, autos, or boats. I go to the best dealers who I feel most comfortable with and feel that I can have a friendship with. There are a lot of dealers with the same products. It’s the customer service the varies from dealer to dealer, not the product.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Any one have a Alumacraft/yamaha dealer in MN that has been a positive experience. This one was great untill we sealed the deal and then they became very short with me on the phone. I was told the boat was going to be ready last wed. its now friday with no date to speak of. I have a feeling if I stick with it Ill be lucky to have it by WI opener!

If you want a Alumacraft + Yamaha you might want to call LaCannes Marine. Ask for Nick. Tell him James @ IDO sent you. LaCannes is known for phenomenal service.

LA CANNES’ MARINE, INC.
    19860 ROBERDS LAKE BLVD
    FARIBAULT, MN 55021
    Phone: (507) 334-6415

adam dungan
    Two Harbors

I bought my 15 year old used boat from an alumacraft dealer in Faribault (Don’t know if I can list their name or not) and they treated me as though I just bought their entire inventory. I had problems the first time I had the boat on the water and they took it right in and made proper repairs and it’s been a great boat since. I also believe that they are a Yamaha outboard dealer.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Yes it was financed through their dealership. I called and asked if there was any way to speed up the process and got an abrupt NO, THERES NOTHING I CAN DO. Yet I called the finance company on the paperwork and was told everyhings good they should be getting the check anytime now. Do they have to give you your full down payment back this late in the deal? Also has anyone bought a boat from cabelas? They have been great with everything that ive bought there but I like the personal feeling with a smaller marina.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

called LA CANNES already can tell the customer service diffrence Thanks

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

I bought a couple parts from the service department at Dan’s last week. I got the wrong parts, and went to return them today. (a total of $16.35) I have never met such rude people in my life. I don’t want to hijack your thread and I hope you get your boat soon. I will never step foot in the place again.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Pull the plug on that deal, I have heard more bad things about that place than any other boat dealer, which I find odd cause it seems to be the most hidden dealership of that size around the metro, that says something about the place.

chubby
    Bloomington

Dave,

are you telling it like it is or do you just have your panties in wad over something. You sure have alot of posts for registering today.

How long ago did you purchase it, if it was very recently it may just be a matter of getting it into the rigging schedule.

I just made my second big ticket purchase from Dan’s this week in less than a year and have nothing but good to say about my experience’s.

Did you have credit issues? I know that the lenders have gotten a bit tighter on there requirements lately.

If you purchased this a couple of months ago then you should get it ASAP, If you bought it in the last week or 2 you may have wait as I am. There are 2 sides to every story and yours does not jive based on my experience.

Chubby

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I did have a few credit issues but if its gone through I dont see what the problem is. The main reason Im pissed is Dan himself told me when I signed the aggrement that the boat would be ready on wed no problem. Now he cant even give me an answer on when. As for all the post its my first new boat and im worked up so deal with it or dont look at it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If a dealer, any dealer, provides a delivery date and they miss it their top priority should be in communicating with you and doing everything possible to deliver the promised item.

If you were promised “delivery on wednesday” and the deadline was missed… it is more than reasonable to expect excellent communications regarding why the deadline was missed and when the delivery is to be expected. If your boat is overdue and you’re not getting the communication you need to feel the purchase is moving forward and on track… you have every right to be upset.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

I would have to agree with Cubby. I know the guys over at Dan’s SS Marine VERY WELL and I find this post a bit odd. I have purchased two Champion Bass Boats, two Alumacraft tunnel hulls and they used to do the work on my Lund with a Suzuki outboard. Very good to work with.

If you just bought the boat in the last couple of weeks, I would say you are in the “rigging pattern” These guys are busy pulling everyone’s boat out of storage and moving them off the lot. I was just there looking at a pontoon boat.

With that said, they are a family run operation and if you have some issues with your credit, it may be taking a while. Look at it from the dealerships standpoint…They give you the boat and something falls through with the financing and they have to REPO it from you. What a hassle that would be.

We are in new times from a credit standpoint.

The Dog.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

How can you not have an answer on when they can deliver it? That is unacceptable in any business. If there is a gap with making commitments, you communicate honestly as early as possible and make new timelines. As for financing changes due to the economy, either you are approved for the credit or not. If you are approved the money is wired or a check is mailed next day if it’s a priority. It’s not rocket science. I feel your frustration and would be quite dissapointed as the purchase is only the beginning of a dealer-owner relationship with buying a boat. Good Luck.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Just to clarify this, Im not trying to bad mouth dans I was looking for honest advice from people that have dealt with situations like this before. I just expected things to go smoother than they have and was wondering if this was the norm or was it just this dealer. Thanks for all the input.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Just recieved a call from the dealership and they were very helpful. Came to an agreement and got the issues resolved. Thanks again for the input from everyone.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Fantastic!

I’ve never heard of any problems with Dans Either and they have been very helpful with me over the years. And that’s usually been small non-money making items or questions they have helped me with.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Looks like I got to this a little too late.. Glad to hear you worked it out.

Here is some insite. I work for an equipment finance company and work deals all day long.

1. As said earlier, credit HAS changed a lot,even in the past month or two. Dealers are not taking any chances that the finance company will pay them,,or even worse shut their doors in the middle of the transaction. However, what they told you shoud be honered.

2. You can our could have called and asked that they put a stop payment on the check and WIRE the funds to the dealer. I am shocked the dealer didnt think of this OR the finance company. In my biz, I wait until the customer is standing at the dealer and okays my payment to the dealer. This way the dealer is happy to release the equipment (or in this case the boat) and we’re happy that the buyer is satisfied with the purchase. Too many time we pay the dealer early and then the buyer realized the equipment isn’t in the same condition, back out on the deal, etc. and we the finance company is hanging in the wind.

Again, glad to hear it worked out. I’m not convinced that it had to go this far, there surely were other avenues to take on this one!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.