Walleye Stamp….

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

Sitting here in my boredom, I noticed an ’09 fishing reg book laying around, in which they are hyping up the new Walleye stamp, I find myself wondering if I should pick one up this year…. And I get to thinking about the DNR and how we got screwed by this tax increased people voted in (not me…) and how the state, in turn cut DNR funding…

I wonder if the walleye stamp money will actually add anything to the walleye program or if they’ll have to end up using the money to subsudise the current walleye program once the state see any of the money added to it.

I’m sure they’d say “no way” , but what really do they have in place to ensure this doesn’t happen. Sure I could probably email them the question, not sure I’d really trust in thier response.

Thoughts?

highpockets
    faribault

I don’t understand what the person who buys the stamp will gain.It’s not like hunting when you need the stamp to shoot a bird.I can see it coming,you’ll need the stamp to fish eye’s.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

The way I understand it, it’s a way for the state to get a few more bucks from you that is designated for the DNR. Basically you are donating $5 or whatever it is.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

I urge people not to purchase this stamp! all it will be is a “test run” to see how many are sold, if enough are sold, mark my words, you will see it become mandatory. then they will just cut funding for stocking programs, and supplement it with the stamp revenue.

The DNR in this state tries to be as sneaky as possible, but we cannot let them get away with any more debauchery…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

I urge people not to purchase this stamp! all it will be is a “test run” to see how many are sold, if enough are sold, mark my words, you will see it become mandatory. then they will just cut funding for stocking programs, and supplement it with the stamp revenue.

The DNR in this state tries to be as sneaky as possible, but we cannot let them get away with any more debauchery…

I agree 100%. All they will do is cut funding somewhere else and use this stamp as a crutch to fill that void.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

but we cannot let them get away with any more debauchery…

Now I am normally a big fan of debauchery, but in this case I will choose a big NO

redneck
    Rosemount

I agree guys. We have been betrayed one to many times by the DNR and the legislature. No money from me for this one!

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Probably part of the “change we can believe in”……

perch_44

Quote:

Probably part of the “change we can believe in”……

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Only reason to buy one would be the assumption it would be a collectors item sometime in the far off future…..

-J.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Of course I bought the $5 Walleye stamp. I’m a Walleye fishermen that cares about WALLEYES and the Fisher-people who target them.

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Of course I bought the $5 Walleye stamp. I’m a Walleye fishermen that cares about WALLEYES and the Fisher-people who target them.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Here is another softball for you…… I’m also a supporter of the Dedicated Funding amendment that will cost me several pennies on some of my future purchases …

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I can see this coming. Especially since they are state raised. Just like trout. Basic fishing lic will be for self-sustaining species and suplemented species lic will be ala carte. Hope not but I can see it in todays ever evolving self serving, politically correct society.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

I can see this coming. Especially since they are state raised. Just like trout. Basic fishing lic will be for self-sustaining species and suplemented species lic will be ala carte. Hope not but I can see it in todays ever evolving self serving, politically correct society.

I think you hit the nail right on the head…

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Here is another softball for you…… I’m also a supporter of the Dedicated Funding amendment that will cost me several pennies on some of my future purchases …

I’m in the same boat at you. I voted in favor of our tax dedication. However, the old saying comes to mind. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I believe the DNR had good intentions as did the proponents of the dedicated funding for the amendment that was passed (no help from me) but good ol’ governor Pawlenty saw an opportunity to cut funding for the DNR via the end around… BTW, whether you buy the stamp or not, they will get your $5 down the road no matter what. This stamp was also put into motion, before you can blame everything on the “change”….. Some always have to throw a sorry/sour jab in on these threads…

big G

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

o Some always have to throw a sorry/sour jab in on these threads…

big G

They sure do all over a voluntary $5 Stamp that MAY help Walleye Fishing.

redneck
    Rosemount

It may help walleye fishing and it may not. That is to be seen.

perch_44

Quote:

They sure do all over a voluntary $5 Stamp that MAY help Walleye Fishing.

no, we’re sour over the fact they’ve fooled us many times before into doing the “right” and “good” thing, only to have it go downhill…

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

I bought the stamp and the extra thinking it may help the future of walleye fishing. If I need to by them in the future well so be it. If I don’t spend the $$ my wife sure will. I guess I’m stuck either ways.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I probably will get one too…. I am the guy that pays the “extra” few dollars to get the actual pheasant stamp too…

big G

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Been awhile since I’ve been able to really log in and post, as it looks got a lot of people thinking the same thing I am, if the state see the extra money they’ll just cut the DNR budget again….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.