Snow Depth around Redwing and Hastings??

• buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I know…I’d rather be fishing but I do like to snowmobile too and was hoping to get a couple miles on tomorrow(Sat 12/13)
    If anyone has snow depths or even trail/ditch conditions around Hastings or Redwing that would be wonderful.
    Thanks
    John

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Snow is good!

Hit it fast, because the trails are getting pounded already. There is plenty of snow in the ditches, as we had some good wind the past few days.

You can even get accross picked cornfields, but the plowed fields are still a bit rough……

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

More than enough. We had 10 inches in Red Wing.

Frontenac Man
    Lake City, MN

I work in Red Wing and would say there’s about 6 inches, maybe a little more. Went out riding around Lake City Wed. night and the trails were pretty good, tops of hills and wind-swept areas had thin snow, but trails through the woods were good. It was easy to find ditches full of snow to pound around in.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

I am in Red WIng and already had the sleds out! But the snow is powder and you ride over it a few times and theres nothing left
    You will be fine if you just ride fresh snow but I bet the trails suck! We rode from Red Wing to Frontnac and the trails were fine there, but dirt and leafy spots on the way back.
    But more snow coming Mon and Tue

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the info…I am going to get out for a while tomorrow and just hope for the best.
    Sounds like it might be 32ish on Sun.
    Snowmobiling Saturday fishing the river Sunday??? Sounds like the makings for a great weekend.
    Take care
    John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.