Boat Windshield Replacement-Need Help

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Tough time of year for the boat to be down. My port windshield blew out while trailering yesterday. Lund dealer is checking with factory and Insurance agent looking at other options. Does anyone here have any ideas how to get replacement the quickest? 1998 Lund 1700 Pro-Sport.
    Thank you.

KGoligowski

There are only a couple windshield manufacturers.
    Somewhere on your windshield there will be a name of the manufacture.
    Go to their website, and get a phone number for their parts department.
    I have done this in the past and they were very helpful.
    Your can have the parts shipped overnight directly to you
    or the dealer.
    The fastest thing you can do is install yourself.
    If you are not mechanically inclined let the dealer do it.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thanks. I will give taylor-made a call.

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

Sorry to hear this. It could be worse, could’ve had someone behind it cruisin to your best spot.

Bartt
    Somerset, WI

If it is flat glass and not curved, any glass shop can cut one to fit for you. Best thing is to take your boat to them and they can size it up and cut one to fit. If it is curved you will have to order one. Hopefully it is flat because it is relatively cheap and quick. Good luck!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Its curved and Taylor Made just informed me they are 4 weeks out. Hopefully Lund has in stock. If they do not Taylor Made says I can order from them. They were extremely friendly. Put Lund to shame. I cant even get a live rep there. Once you identify yourself as a customer they shut you down and refer you to a dealer. Nice.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

There’s got to be a boat junkyard somewhere, doesn’t there? Hasn’t that glass been made for many year models? Wonder if a guy could find that used somewhere. Sorry to hear Mike.

Bartt
    Somerset, WI

One other thing to try is a boat salvage yard for a used one. I don’t know any specific ones but when I was restoring a boat awhile back I just did a search on the internet and a few popped up.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Just man up, you don’t need a stinkin’ windshield.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Quote:

Just man up, you don’t need a stinkin’ windshield.

What’s a windshield??????

A proud member of the “Popeye” left arm tiller boat club!
    HRG

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Passenger problem. Not mine.
    I’m ripping out the port frame today. She’ll look gritty and just plain wrong but she’ll float maty.
    I’ll probably gain 2 mph on my new pirate vessel! arrrgggg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Close but not quite. I really appreciate your help. That would have been a sweet deal.

mnmarlin

Do you call GM, Ford, Chrysler, or Toyota headquarters when you need a part for your tow vehicle? Lund is just trying to protect their dealers.
    By the way, I hope your insurance covers the windshield, I have heard they are very expensive.
    mnmarlin

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Are you sure it didn’t just bust from the weight of all the walleye eggs spewed on it???

Sorry ’bout your luck Bud!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.