Fishing Tackle Sale is Saturday!

• BowedUp

Just a final reminder – details below.

Here’s the final deal:

Fishing Tackle Garage Sale on April 18th from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm at Cubby’s Cafe & Deli in Ramsey. Address is 6139 NW 157th Lane. Looks like there may be as many as 20 sellers if everyone who contacted me shows up. Some tackle crafters but most used stuff. One guy who makes musky baits among other stuff.

Directions from Hwy 10: Exit Hwy 10 at Sunfish Lake Blvd (Comfort Inn, Shell Station, Plants and Things are landmarks). Go north to 4-way stop. Continue straight to next 4-way stop. Go straight to next stop sign. This will be Nowthen Blvd (Cty Rd 5). Make a left then quick right. Cubby’s is log cabin looking business on north side of Nowthen Blvd. We will be in parking lot.

Aside from the use of their parking lot, Cubby’s is offering Hot Dogs and pop for $2 and has an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for $4.99 ea.

There will be a place to donate cash or canned goods to ACBC Foodshelf which serves Anoka. Ramsey, Andover and beyond. This is completely voluntary of course but it would be nice to remember those with needs as we sell off our excesses.

If you want to sell all you need to do is let me know – bring your own table(s). Contact me at [email protected] or PM me here with questions or to sign-up. I think we can fit more in the parking lot without a problem.

Rain date is the following Saturday, April 25th. Check here if there is any question whether is is postponed for weather related issues.

Thanks for tolerating these reminders and updates!

BowedUp

Just a quick thanks to everyone who came out to either sell or buy! Got some great ideas for next year to make it better!

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

how was the turn out?

Goldenboy
    Coon Rapids, MN

Thanks Bowed Up. I came away with some great deals to be sure. Fishing, hunting, camping gear. Everything in parking lot from St Croix rods to Vexilar and Marcum units and from Otter fish houses to tree stands. Most guys were clearly cleaning out garage/basements and were willing to deal.

BowedUp

You’re welcome! Thought turn-out was OK for the first time outta the gate. Most sellers said they want to do it next year so we may give it another run up the flagpole to see who salutes. Got some great ideas and offers of help from the other sellers!

Thanks to those who came out and sold/bought. I came back with some nice stuff that I did not go with and a few bucks in my pocket. Had a great time swapping stories and talking about fishing too!

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Bowed Up,

I also give a big thanks to Cubbys, they did a great job and the parking lot was clean and a very good size. Could use more sellers next year, but for the first year I do agree it was a good turn out.

BowedUp

Absolutely agree – Cubby’s was wonderful and wants to have us back next year as well. Hopefully more sellers and with better advertising along with improved economy then more buyers!

Thanks for coming Al!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Just a thought for next year. Ask the sellers to ask which web site they saw the thread on. May help identify where buyers and sellers are coming from.

I thought it was good for the first year. I got a great buy on a pack. The sun came out just as I was coming off Hwy. 10!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.