Somali pirates

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Just heard on Fox that Somali pirates have at present 135 ships detained waiting for randsome money, bullcra!. What they need is 3-50 caliber machine guns and 10,000 rounds per gun , 3 down both sides, bow, midship and the stern. They get one warning then make swiss cheese out of them, thats the answer. 3-50 calibers doing thier thing all at one time and it would take about about 5 seconds to kill the pirates and another 5 to sink thier ship and send it to the bottom.

mrwalleye
    MN

The only prob is that they hide behind the hostages,
    I think they need to learn first hand how a US Navy Seal team deals with people like them

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Listening to talk radio this morning and an ex-merchant marine captain called in and was saying that they are not allowed to carry weapons. The Isrealis do not go by that though. Every Isreali ship is armed to the hilt and they don’t have to do drills on how to handle situations….they live it every day.

If this situation was handled like flights after 911 where armed unidentified federal marshals were on planes this would probably curb this problem. I’m not saying federal marshals should be put on ships, I’m saying, like mrwalleye said, put seal teams or other trained people on ships randomly. That way the pirates would not know which ships have protection and which don’t. I sure would like to see that “deer in the headlights” look on “Raheems” face when he finally realized he may have bitten off more than he can chew!!

mrwalleye
    MN

Whats the last thing to go through a Somali pirates mind.

I dont know but it may look somthing like this

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Just heard on Fox that Somali pirates have at present 135 ships detained waiting for randsome money, bullcra!. What they need is 3-50 caliber machine guns and 10,000 rounds per gun , 3 down both sides, bow, midship and the stern. They get one warning then make swiss cheese out of them, thats the answer. 3-50 calibers doing thier thing all at one time and it would take about about 5 seconds to kill the pirates and another 5 to sink thier ship and send it to the bottom.

What do you think the pirates are carryin?? Pocket knives?? The are also armed to the teeth. Thats just what we need……open warfare.

jon_wbl

I’m thinking they should have a couple of AC130 gunships flying in the area. One or two bursts from a mini gun on the small boats??

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

If all the ships held payed the randsome and all the ships were set free would work, they could do that but I doubt that would work. What I see is the pirates aren’t stupid and would let some go put keep others for leverage, I don’t think they would give up all the sailors and thier ships because of the leverage they’d have retaining the last few if ships started being armed. I don’t know what to do with those remaining ships and the sailors safety because the pirates would have nothing to loose keeping them. If ships armed themselves with 50 caliber machine guns and the last few ships were still being held the pirates would probably threaten to kill them if any of thier pirates ships were fired upon. I know they have rockets and rocket propelled grenades but if those ships were fired upon gave them a few rounds I doubt they would come any closer and if they did they’d realize it would probably be thier last. I don’t know what could be done for the safety of the remaining few and thier ships, dire straights, they can’t just keep giving up randsome money and expect the pirates to just stop pirateing those boats. I suspect that if any country attacked any of thier pirate ships they would threaten to kill thier hostages and probably would. It might come down to looseing a few sailors and ships. Somalis have nothing to loose and most of thier population is starving and its system is totally corrupt, in fact there is no system and there is no government there is what I’ve heard.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Thats just what we need……open warfare.

I agree! Don’t mess with the US!! Time to open a can of whoop azz on these idiots.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Haha!! only minutes after my last post….

Bang!

-J.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I hear some of the Pirates carry RPG’s.

FDR

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I have every bit of confidence that our military has them out gunned, out trained and a lot bigger balls! I have a sneaking suspicion that when the pirates catch wind our military is on the way, the will scramble the hell out of there!

-J.

tonyplut
    Burnsville/Mille Lacs

I’m SURE our military will go and speak to these scumbags with kid gloves on. Obama will not respond militarily. This thing would already be resolved if it were January 17th.

Welcome to the woosification of America.

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

I have every bit of confidence that our military has them out gunned, out trained and a lot bigger balls! I have a sneaking suspicion that when the pirates catch wind our military is on the way, the will scramble the hell out of there!

-J.

This worked well for the Rangers in 93 didn;’t it???

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Last I heard the crew had recaptured and had control of the ship. However, somehow the pirates have the Captain in a life boat of some sort next to the ship. Negotiations are currently underway while two war ships are heading to the site.

“Blackhawk Down” showed us the ugly side of these rebels and thieves. We left with our tails between our legs the last time and look what happened. There will be a very fine line for the pirates to walk, releasing the Captain while not getting their asses blown to hell 5 seconds later.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I agree Jon, Id like to see the navy put a sub or two in the area and when they see anything on radar, if they can make it to the boat, sink it, fewer pirates and thier boats. Anybody know how many destroyers or light destroyers are in the area or what kind of gunboats there are to defend these freighters. Something I can’t understand its the high seas ( no law available) and theres pirates, aren’t the boats sailing through there allowed to protect themselves. Making those freighters Sail through those waters without protection especially around Somalia just dosen’t make sense. If theres no one around to defend them then they should be able to do it themselves.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

They need to send them a message from a film, “The way of War”, Cuba Gooding Jr.

His best line……..

“Tell the children to cover their ears,
    Tell the women to close their legs,
    Tell the men to put up their fists….
    ’cause there’s a WAR MACHINE A’comin!!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The Navy…the FBI even…I say we send a box with Somali currency out to the boat with the captain along with enough fuel to get them to within a mile of the Mothership. Get the captain back when the pricks get the money. Of course have a tracking device installed somewhere in the lining of the cash deposit box and when they run out of fuel again and the mothership comes to aid, send them some heat from miles away.

I’d be sniping these a-holes. They are in a situation where that captain isn’t going to leave alive. If one head were to leave a carcass every hour, when it got down to one maybe he’d think twice. But I’d give him about 10 seconds to decide after the second to the last head flew.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Back in the late 70’s early 80’s there was a guy named Omar Qaddafi from Libya. He was a real pain in the a– to the United States. He was a dictator / terrorist. Anyway we sent a missile into his compound, nearly killing his family.

Interesting thing, we haven’t heard squat from him lately. Funny how things change when people find out you aren’t playing games with them anymore.

The pirates don’t fear the United States or any other countries for that matter. Time to get their attention.

It was reported that the ships crew tried to trade a captured pirate for the Captain. Seems after they got their guy they reneged on the deal.

30 seconds after they get the Captain back there should be a loud bang, followed by a puff of smoke.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

-J.

Who was commander in chief? Nuf said.

-J.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I say kill em.

If they do get captured make them walk the plank!

They wanna be pirates…

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

-J.

Who was commander in chief? Nuf said.

-J.

Oh please, dont be so ignorant to think that had anything to do with it.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I see the creeps have now taken an Italian owned tug. Well, it might be American owned too according to the sketchy reports. I think its time to quietly put troops armed with some hand held rocket launchers aboard all ships using this navigation corridor.

spd800
    NW Metro

Quote:

The only prob is that they hide behind the hostages,
    I think they need to learn first hand how a US Navy Seal team deals with people like them

They just did.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice can of Whoop Azz!!!

-J.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

There needs to be more out comes like this! Next will be the bleeding heart news people wondering why the Seals killed three of the pirates and couldn’t there have been an out come without the violance.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Awesome outcome!!!!!! 3 snipers taking out 3 pirates at once. Another round of praise to our military.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Fini, Sealed With a Kiss!

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

In various forums I see people opposed to having firepower on our cargo ships. Why? To prevent what? All it will prevent is the people NOT bent on hijacking stuff to be hijacked. Typical gun control type mentality IMO.

Our policy to not allow protection on our cargo ships is asinine at best. I’ve read that insurance regulations don’t allow for armed protection. But apparently insurance companies are ok with having millions of dollars of product stolen. Oh well, raise everyone’s rates to cover it. Again typical liberal BS.

These cargo ships need to be armed, as earlier described, with .50 caliber guns. The so called pirates get but one warning. If they fail to turn tail they get sunk right there on the spot. Why on earth some people feel these rogues deserve anymore respect than that simply escapes me. Believe me on this. After a couple dozen of these rogues in rafts are sunk or simply disabled and left for dead they will look for new ways to terrorize and leave the shipping routes alone.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.