Mercury Trophy Plus Prob

• brent.miller
    Iowa

Have a new prop that I bought for my boat for $650. Turned out to be the wrong prop for my ranger bass boat. It would never plane out unless there was weight in the front. Do i have to go to a 19 or 20 pitch? This one is a 21 pitch. This one is for sale if anyone is interested I can sell for $550 or trade for 20 pitch Laser2, send me a PM. Anyone have an idea what I should go to for a prop? I have a 250hp merc.

dea
    Hixton, WI

What were your RPM levels running with the old prop?

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

I surely think you would not need a lesser pitch prop as I turn a 24P Trophy 4 blade at 5300-5400 RPM fully loaded on a Merc 175EFI pushing a 690 VS Ranger Fisherman which is a much heavier rig!What model boat & RPM’s are you running?

brent.miller
    Iowa

It is a 04 Commanche 21′ I havent run it all that much, I just bought it last summer and was told i could get a lot better performance from a better prop. I was told i needed a 21 pitch and could go with the 4 blade, so i did but it does not plane out. I used to run about 5500 rpm. About 6000+ at full throttle. Does that sound right? I dont know if it is my engine at this point or do i need a different prop.

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Something just doesnt seem to add up for me here,although I am no guru to prop or motor setups.I am looking at a review of a Bullet with a 250XS running a Trophy 4 blade 14 3/8 dia. 28P at 6300rpm. 95.6 mph This sounds more to me like the engine might also be raised too high!But I think you would be pushing the revs to the limit with that sized prop also! I think you should be more into a 26-28P prop for that motor & rig.Someone here has got to have a rig with similar specs to compare it to. Will check BWB Mag for previous reviews.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Best advice I can give you is to check out Bass Boat Central, three forums will help you a lot, the Ranger forum, the Prop forum and the Setup forum. I’d start with a post on the Ranger forum, I’ll bet they give you a lot of good suggestions to get much better preformance.

Here’s the Link

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

if that prop is a small barrel prop you are putting too much exhaust over the barrel you need to get a (weed ring?) I don’t know if thats the right name but it blocks off the space between the hub and case on the motor

Stan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.