3 WAYS AND CRANKS RED WING?

• wap
    SE minnesota

I was just wondering if there is to much flow right now or is it to early for three ways and cranks or live bait and three ways at red wing? Should I stick with pitching and vertical jigging with the rollers open now?Does anyone have any current reports from red wing with rollers open? THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!

jhalfen

Flow’s over 30K…time to handline!

I’m sure you could get some fish going with 3-ways and cranks, but I think you’re looking at 6 oz at least to stay in the zone. Work the slow sides of the seams that should be well established by now.

We got some sumo saugs last weekend on 3-ways (4 oz wt), but that was with 15-20K less flow than is cooking right now.

Oh oh…I didn’t obscure the shoreline…probably ruined that spot forever!

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

I pulled some 3 way/raps today back in the ws channel, with no luck.. But I also pulled spinners, vertical jigged, cast,and even pulled out the leadcore with the same amount of luck

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I’m sure you could get some fish going with 3-ways and cranks, but I think you’re looking at 6 oz at least to stay in the zone.

Yep Jason, I agree.

Pool 8 will be the same by this weekend, and 6oz is a lot to drag with a rod.

Might be time for me to go look for the esox family sportin’ bigger teeth .

les_welch

Quote:

Flow’s over 30K…time to handline!

I’m sure you could get some fish going with 3-ways and cranks, but I think you’re looking at 6 oz at least to stay in the zone. Work the slow sides of the seams that should be well established by now.

We got some sumo saugs last weekend on 3-ways (4 oz wt), but that was with 15-20K less flow than is cooking right now.

Oh oh…I didn’t obscure the shoreline…probably ruined that spot forever!

Looks like an interesting tail configuration on that first sauger!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

What’s a handline????? Think I am allergic to that technique, break out in the hives.
    Time to pitch the trees and 1 FOW.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.