Demise of newspapers

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s just about a crankbait a month at Fleet Farm prices.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

We haven’t had a newspaper in our house for years. If I need the info, I can get it online. Why worry about the cost and the waste when I can get it for pennies online

Don Hanson

Or in 8 weeks I can by a pack of heaters!

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Well I guess I’m an old coot. Since my teenage years regardless of where I have lived when I was in the military or college or jobs, I have always gotten the local paper. I read it every day. Yes I do use the internet now for more news but this is in addition to the other or to get a different slant on it. But I’ll agree with what some have said in that many people just aren’t interested or care. I have friends that don’t have a clue what is going on in the world or even what the weather is going to be. Call me strange I guess. I like to be informed.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I sure will miss them for starting fires.

BowedUp

Have had a Saturday/Sunday subscription for years for the ads mostly – saves way more than the cost of the paper. About 6 mos ago the Strib called and offered the other 5 days for free for a year so why not? There is definately a bias in most cases in both story selection/placement and opinion but generally I find I get more depth than the TV news with 30 sec sound bites and headlines.

crappieangler

Hey, those telemarketers aren’t worthy of your scorn!

Those are poor bastages who make barely enough to scrape by, and they are subject to cruelty like that from you?

What do you know about working in a phone environment?!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Hey, those telemarketers aren’t worthy of your scorn!

Those are poor bastages who make barely enough to scrape by, and they are subject to cruelty like that from you?

What do you know about working in a phone environment?!

I don’t know squat about phone environments. But this is what I do know. If you have a product to sell and can’t put an ad in the yellow pages don’t call me. If you have a product I want I’ll find you, assuming you are in the yellow pages. If you invade my privacy, in my home then you deserve everything I will give you. It’s pretty simple really.

Telemarketers may very well be nice people, in fact I’m sure they are. However they get the same respect and treatment from me as a lawyer, tax collector, or politician that would call my house.

No need to respond to this, I will never change my opinion on those people.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.