Rainy River

• drew-evans
    rochester MN

I’m going to rainy for the first time open water on April 1st. i was wondering if anybody had any good tips. I’ve herd its alot like fishing the river (Mississippi) if so i should be okay……?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Yes it is similar. Here would be a good place to answer some of your questions.Good luck up there!

drew-evans
    rochester MN

thanks dean thats a good video, seems alot like down home fishing i think i should do alright.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Pay close attention to what condition the river is in…With all the snow up nort we may have a short season on the Rainy this year due to a lot of run off. As soon as the river turns to chocolate milk, might as well bring the crawlers and sturgeon rods….Walleye seem to shut right down once the water gets dirty….Good Luck to you, its a ton of fun…

highpockets
    faribault

The best advice I’ve ever gotten is to never pre-book a trip to the Rainy.If the ice is off on Wednesday and the bite is on you need to leave that day.Hopefully your timing pans out w/the bite.I’m also hoping to be up there around april 1st but I’ll be ready to leave a week before or after depending on the conditions.Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.