Transom Savers

• BEGibbs

I have a 21′ Center Console boat with a Yamaha 150 and am trying to install a transom saver. Problem is that the aluminum trailer frame stops about 18″ before the transom. The two 4×10″ bunks extend 8-10″ behind the transom. Any conventional transom saver would have to have a bend in it to reach the back of the trailer and would need to be pretty long. Has anyone seen this problem and how was it resolved? Also, what is the proper motor “tilt” when trailering?
    Thanks for the help!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Barry,

HEre is an idea that may help or resolve your concerns. I have been using this neat little product for about a year now and have never had an issue.
    I am not sposnered by this product or have anything vested into either. I just thought it might be something worth looking at.

Here is a threa that I posted from this sping.
    My Wedge

BEGibbs

Steve:
    I have already read the past threads and I will probably order the product you recommended. In fact, I currently have their website up and reading it. It seems that there are a lot of differing opinions floating around about this topic.

Thanks,

Barry

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

I’ve always used a chunk of 4×4. I only have a 100hp merc, but has worked for going on 5 years now.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

My Johnson 150 has a lock for that same purpose. I’ve always thought ththat a transom saver was still a good idea to transfer the weight of the lower unit from the transom the the trailer when trailering longer distances.

Gator Hunter

BEGibbs

Jon:

I have ordered the Cabela’s Transom Saver and the My-Wedge. One of them has to work!
    Thanks,

Barry

hugh

The wedge and blocks of wood do nothing to transfer weight from the transom when the rig bounces, the long-kinked arm saver from Cabelas and Bass Pro should work.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

That’s the one I have and I’m very happy with it.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

the one from Cabela’s is so easy that even I installed it with no problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.