leech lake knives

• tonyscully
    Hastings, MN

hello everybody went to the sports show in minneapolis tonight,bought a leech lake fillet knife am very impressed with the craftsmanship of the knife, while I was at the booth in about 5 minutes I heard five or six people as they were walking by say “what an awsome fillet knife it was and that its the best fillet knife they have ever used” looking forward to trying it out. Headed to Millac Saturday hopefully get to try it out on some gumbos!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I also have heard they are a great knife. I’ve also heard they have a cutting edge on both sides and to be very, very careful until you get accustomed to using it.

BTW, how was the crowd?

KirtH
    Lakeville

I got one, like it allot

tonyscully
    Hastings, MN

when you buy a knife from them they give you a bandage they say your garanted to cut your finger the first time you use it. They put an edge on the back side for cutting threw scales and taking rib cages out or cutting fins of of fillets so watch your fingers! the crowds were not that bad tonight but good to see people out spending their hard earned buck on fishing gear

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I picked up two from Everts…last year??

Two for $20….and I don’t know why I bought two…I guess everyone needs two letter openers.

(I haven’t cleaned a fish since Dean told me how they work )

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

I picked up two from Everts…last year??

Two for $20….and I don’t know why I bought two…I guess everyone needs two letter openers.

(I haven’t cleaned a fish since Dean told me how they work )

Has the bleeding stopped yet?

Don’t want to mis-lead anyone,although similar looking, those are NOT the same leech knives mentioned in this post.

outdoor_guy
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

I Agree. Not the same but a very solid knife. (Had 1 for a few years)
    I was unsure about the laminated wood handle so I left 1 outside at my fish cleaning table for a year with no problems at all. Also attached 1 of those carbide sharpeners to the table to keep it handy. The best combo out there !

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

Those things scare me. I borrowed one and sure enough cut my finger on the 2nd fish. I’d like to watch someone who knows how to use one fillet a fish so I could understand the purpose of the double edge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.