I need help getting my dog to gain weight

• fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

got her when she was 6 months old from a friend of someone i work with. she was abused pretty bad at that home but has always been skinny and her eating habits have not changed at all since i got her. she is a great pup and by the way she acts now compaired to when i got her i would say she is a much happier lab too. thanks everyone. ill try some different food and see if that helps a little but like everyone said she still is a pup i suppose

Don Hanson

When you do a food switch over, mix it with boiled ground beef and rice. You may want to consider changing to a feeding schedule instead of leaving food out for her.
    I feed the dogs in the same area and close to the same time each day. This is about a hour after their exercise/training time. I do like to feed them in their kennels. When they are done eating even if they didn’t finnish, the food is put away.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

I feed IAMS during the spring and summer and switch to EUKANUBA over the hunting seaon and over winter on my outside labs and have converted my brother and friend to do the same for their labs cuz they were so impressed with the looks of my dogs. Fortunately I have been blessed with self feeders in the fact that I can fill up their bowls and they only eat what they need when they want.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.