? for you western MN guys

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My wife just emailed me that I can’t make any plans for the middle of June 2010. She ordered me to plan on taking at least a week off from work to go to MN. Her family is having a reunion somewhere over near Perham and Otter and I am to spend some quality time there?? To me, quality time is fishing, trapping, and hunting. Is there any lakes near there or is that getting too close to Syberia. Should I be planning on going to Devil’s lake from there? Very far from Millacs? Haven’t had any time to digest this crossing the river into MN yet, let alone going “almost to Fargo” as she put it. Any quality bodies of water near that area? Father-n-Law said there is a couple of little mud puddles aroundd there that might give up a few gills. If I wanted real fishing, I would need to travel pretty far. Is he yanking my chain? Vacation for a week without fishing would be like filing for a divorce

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

You won’t have any trouble finding good water to fish.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Been checking the area out on satellite Dang, I might need more than a week off….

Its a little early, but I may have an open seat for a few of the days up there

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

In my opinion Lake Miltona is one of the most beautiful and best fishing lakes in the state. Even if you decide to go somewhere else you at least need to check it out. Miltona is only about 10 min north of Alexandria if your wife need to do some shopping and stuff. I agree you might need to take a couple weeks

http://www.visitlakemiltona.com/index.php

Don Hanson

Check out Little and big Pine around the Perham area. From there I would take a little trip to Ottertail. heading over to the Alexandria area, Miltona like mentioned. Also give lake Ida and Osakis a shot.

spd800
    NW Metro

Don’t over look Rush

Bartt
    Somerset, WI

There is lots of good fishing there. A few that come to mind that I have fished are: Ottertail,Walker,Battle Lake,Clitheral and many “mud holes” They are all good. It depends on what you want to fish for and time of year you are there. Ask any bait shop when you get there ” where are they biting and on what” They will send you to the right lake. Make sure to ask if it is mostly a fishing or recreational lake. They all have good fishing but, if you want peace and quiet you should ask. Ottertail and Battle Lake are recreational but big enough that you won’t notice it too much fishing. I hope this helps. Maybe I will be up at the cabin on Ottertail when you are there. I would be happy to show you around.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Or Pelican near Ashby for Eye’s, Bass and Northern and Moses lake near Millerville for Gills.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks for the starting pionts! My Father-n-Law is blind, and I will definately be getting him out for a couple days of fishing eyes. As for me, I love trips like that, because I don’t get on new water to often. Plus its fun fishing, not a tournament so I can just do whatever. I’m flexible in jigging for eyes and setting the rod down and chucking the artilary for muskies or big pike. I get enough recreation traffic around here, so I’ll be looking for seclusion.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

There is always good fishing around Perham. Big Pine, Little Pine, Marion, Dead, Otter Tail, Little Mac-several of these lakes have special regs and great numbers of eyes.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I grew up out there, if you know what town you’ll be in I could give you some info.

cdn
    West Central, MN

Randy- I’m blessed to live in this area and you should love spending time here, and figuring out which lake to fish out of thousands in the area. Mixture of large lakes with crystal clear waters to small pothole gem lakes without a soul, this area has it all for whatever you feel like.

Can’t beat Otter Tail for walleye action in June! Muskies on Battle, bass, gills and crappies on just about any lake.

We don’t see the extreme boating/water sports pressure like lakes I’m use to seeing elsewhere. Relatively quiet, and mostly fisherman, IMO.

hhguide
    Alexandria MN

I’m going to suggest Miltona also. Its a great lake big enough to try differnt things but small enough to know what your doing. IF not miltona their are other lakes in the area, Ida, Reno, Minnewaska, osakis, Chippewa,Irene and multiiple other ones. All these lakes are about 20 minutes from eachother, so if one lake isnt going another will be, dont want to limit yourself to one lake. Ottertail also is a good fishery but it is a huge lake, sometimes people get frustrated by that but it also can pay off!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.