Braid Line???

• Outback
    Osage, IA

Do you replace your braid line each year like mono?? Outback

shaley
    Milford IA

On my walleye gear I reverse it every 2nd year ( baitcasters for bouncers) every 5th it gets changed. Casting reels I’ll reverse it every season and replace when needed. Muskie reels get reversed mid season and changed every season if needed.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It really depends on the line condition. I reverse it and cut it back untill thats not an option and replace it. On my flipping and frog rods, thats about a month. My other gear might last me a year or partially into a second. Depends on how often you use it. Also, make sure your line can dry out after use. In a rod locker with no air circulation is about the worse thing for it.

tcoyote
    Kentucky

No not every year, but until I read several posts I did so every two years. I like the idea of reversing the line and think I will do that and save myself a bit of extra money.

Bartt
    Somerset, WI

Ok, how do you reverse the line? If I “reeled” it from one reel to another would that do it?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

With the amount of time I spend on the water and the use and abuse the line goes through I will reverse it at least every month and change it every two months. That is as long as I havent lost a bunch on that reel or it hasnt been used real real hard. I always have an extra spool for every reel and have backing already on it, so when it comes time to switch I just take the spool of the reel and reel the line back onto the empty one and i am set to go and have an empty spool to do it again for the next reel.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m fortunate to have a large enough back yard. I run it out, splice the other end to the mono, and reel it up.

Bartt
    Somerset, WI

Thanks for the info Eric and Randy!

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Funny thing, was just reversing pp line in my basement on a few poles. One my chocolate lab got tangled in when he decided the mess of line across the room looked like fun, and another I messed up. Not so bad though only had to replace 2 out of 12. We’ll see how year number two goes. Last spring I re-spooled everything not having heard of this tip. Unbelievable how that line that was near the mono backing doesn’t have a bit of memory. The backing was another story, what a mess. Tight Lines!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.