Sage Rosenfels

• E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him. Sage Rosenfels 3 years 9 million. Your new Minnesota Vikings QB.

traumatized
    eastern iowa

Good ol’ Iowa boy there.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Don’t speak to soon …Knowing Chili we will still start TJack . He’s such an idiot …RR

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

He’ll make a great backup QB. We got him “cheap”.

Our only hope is Chili doesn’t try to pickup a real QB. Otherwise we’ll have to put up with him for another 3 years after this season if they happen to get a real QB and go deep in the playoffs.

I’m paraphrasing, ‘we need the competition at this position to make everyone better’. NO we don’t. We need a starting caliber QB who is serviceable(few turnovers).

This is the newest addition to the viking’s lineup.

Sage

The Packers and Bears must be paying Chili on the side.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Very very very boring move.. and a very very very average qb. This does not excite me one bit. I was hoping to see a name like Garcia, warner, cassel (sp?) even McNabb. I am not happy at all with our old no name vet running the team.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Is he any different than GUS? I doubt it.

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

Now if we can get a coach that knows what is going on we’d be set

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

You guys are just lucky Jacks on the road!!

whiskeyandwater
    ????

I love it….

“Dear God Please don’t let the Bears pick up Gus. Thank-you!”

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

You guys are just lucky Jacks on the road!!

UMM<I dont think so. This is complete BS. That loser Childress is still thinking his little project will work out.

“We need to put somebody in place that will push [Jackson] and compete with him, and I think competition is the nature of the game,” Vikings coach Brad Childress told reporters at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. “At some places it may not be … [but] in our situation, we need to have a good healthy competition, because I think that makes everybody better.”

Bartt
    Somerset, WI

My Grandma just as well be quarterback with the choices they have now. She’s pretty tough, not much for an arm, but can hand the ball off as well as any of them.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I would think being benched and watching the back up go 8-3? I think would be enough to wake someone up or light a fire under there . GIVE IT UP CHILLY! T-JACK SUCKS you messed up on a draft pick it happens! It happens to EVERY team but they know how to accept the fact and move on with it not live off life support with it dor 3 years praying your right.

Dear Chilly, your a moron and your mouth is your worst enemy! So go work on your pretty play calling card and shut up until pre season! Thanks

buck-slayer

Now the Vikes have 3 QB’s that smuck.

scottd
    wisconsin

9 and 7 again.oh well.

jldii

As soon as I go away for a couple days you guys start this stuff up again.

Sage is not a long term acquisition. He’s here to put the pressure on Tjac, and hopefully force him to improve. TJac’s on the 3rd and final year of his rookie contract. Either he breaks out this year, or he builds his trade value enough for the team to get a decent draft pick in a trade after the season is over, or possibly sooner.

Sage is not all that bad, if he was there wouldn’t have been as many teams interested in him the last couple years. I remember most people didn’t think much of Hasselbeck when he was traded from G.B. to Seattle either, and look at what he’s done.

Sage is more or less a younger version of Ferrotte, except he’s not a statue in the pocket, he can move and run.

All in all, did we solve all our needs at QB? Probably not, but it’s still too soon to tell. At least it is better than doing nothing.

Now if they would only go after T.J. Housiamesanhamommamia. ( ) He’d be a great possession reciever along with Wade. Only a 10 yard average last year, but that would fit nicely with the offense we run here.

NickJohnson

Quote:

Now the Vikes have 3 QB’s that smuck.

2 gus retired today

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I dont think its much of an upgrade either, but who knows… Lets give him a chance

If he plays a fraction better than average, were in the bowl!!!

NickJohnson

If he plays a fraction better than average, were in the bowl!!!

toliet bowl?????

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Yeah, not a real inspiring move. But it could be worse. The IDIOT running the puppet show in Packerland likes to sit back and watch all the good FA’s get picked up by other teams, like that STUD the Vikes got last year, TT passed him up! We’ll build through the draft. Yeah, that way we’re always building and never polishing the Lombardi trophies.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Now….if the Vikes land TJ Housyourmama and have him, Berrian, V.S @ TE and Peterson taking handoffs, that is looking pretty potent.

He is suppose to make a decision today.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Maybe we can get Cutler now that he’s ticked at Denver…

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

T Jack for Cutler and a 2nd round pick….done!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.