Best Fluorocarbon line

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have been using the Trilene Vanish in the Gold color the last 2 seasons and tried the Trilene 100% fluoro last summer and have be fairly happy with it. I have read a few post here and there seems to be alot of people who like the Seaguar and P-Line Fluorocarbon lines. I see both of these companies have several different Fluoro’s in their lineup. What Seaguar and P-lines have all of you found to work the best. Thanks in advance for all of your thoughts and ideas.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

P-Line CXX Premium

-J.

BowedUp

Like you, I used Vanish Transition for several years but have finally become disgusted with it although the change in color was a nice feature. It broke too easily, shredded even easier, and picked up twist way to easily for me.

I have heard a lot of good things about Bass Pro Shops Flourocarbon line so intend to give that a whirl this year and see if the claims are valid. Be interested to hear if anyone else has tried it already and their thoughts.

seeds
    Bluff Country

Anything Seaguar Excellent products…

boods
    Lancaster, WI

I’m a fan of the Trilene 100% Fluoro. myself. I tried P-Line two years ago and thought it was decent. Just my opinion

ranger520

I prefer the 100% Fluoro as appose to Fluoro coated. You have to read the boxes carfully. Scott

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Sugoi Not as easily available, but well worth the $.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I tried the Bass Pro stuff and it was pretty wiry. Still need to experiment more, especially with knots, I break flouro off a lot.

iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

use alot of vanish casting,but tried seagaur ice fishing for leaders this year and never had a break off,will be trying more.

andy-johnson
    Milwaukee, WI

Gamma Fluorocarbon is the best in my opinion

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well about what I thought. About as many favorite’s as line choices. I will just have to keep trying a few at a time until I find the one I like best. Thanks for all of your responses.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.