TFF

• nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Anyone ever been out on Turtle Flambeau Flowage? Planning a summer vacation and have been looking at renting a cabin for a week in the middle of August. Have heard there are lots of stumps and rocks, plus huge smallmouth…

Any info would be appreciated.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

very true. i’ve fished there once or twice a year since 1988. I can give you a number of a guide/property management guy I have used in the past. I will drop you a PM. The walleye fishing is pretty darn good too. Class A muskie water also. I am doing my 7th WI opener there in May.

iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

i fish the chippawa flowage area yearly and my guide fishes the turtle flambeau frequently and actually suugested it for my next trip,must either be very good or hes finally getting sick of me afetr 10 years!just kidding drew is awsome.was highly suggested as the next #1 wisc walleye lake and hot for muskies which we generally target the time of year i go there.good luck,looking forward to hearing how you do.greg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Beautifull body of water. As a kid, our family spent a week up there every year. Now I go there once in awhile (many miles to drive) Smallies, great walleye population, and fantastic musky fishing. Its a big body of water, my suggestion is to a map and break it down to much smaller sections. I found on there it is easy to find a pattern and duplicate it in many other areas of the lake. Caution should be used on there when motoring. Still a number of hazards in there which also make great structure

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Have heard there are lots of stumps and rocks – Yes, they are pretty much everywhere along with sand bars.

It is a very nice muskie water, as I managed to pull a couple out as have my partners.

Be very careful. A good map, or perhaps a guide for a day is well worth it.

Pal

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Will be armed with my maps and hot spots premium card on my HB electronics. Definitely contemplating a guide for the first day. Will have 4 people headed up with two boats for one week. A half or full day with a guide to learn a section of the water may be good on the first day. Any suggestions? Mostly going to be targeting smallies, maybe some musky a few mornings or evenings.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Doc Sabec for smallies. 715 776 7693. He can help you with cabins also. Remember you will have to a saturday to saturday rental that time of the year. Don Pemble for walleye. The water will be low that time of the year. I don’t think they have a chip for the TFF yet. I could be wrong. Go slow and you will be o.k. A spare prop never hurts.

jamesiner
    elk river, mn

i have been fishing that area for over 25 years—great fishery wind driven shoot me a pm, i have a few sleeper lakes in the area

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Naw, you don’t want to go there. God awful place, no fish, mosquitos the size of canary’s, busted props scattered everywhere, warm beer, lousy cabins.

It’s my most favorite place on earth. Give Don Pemble a call. http://www.donsguideservice.com/

HRG

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

For muskies I would contact Larry Ramsell, he did a great job for me a number of times on TFF.

http://www.larryramsell.com/

Check out the photos to see my buddy Lou’s fish, I am the camera man on that railroad tie…

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Pemble is the man if you want walleye. going out with him for opener.

pogo2554
    Sun Prairie, WI

Have to agree with HRG and Steve O. Been out on the flowage numerous times with Pemble and he flat out produces. You will also learn a ton in a days fishing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.